What's new

grow tents ?

pinkskunk

:joint:hey has anyone used a grow tent? thinking bout buying one as im moving house and while there is space for a setup theres nowhere to hide it so was thinking of a tent set up just in my spare bathroom prob a xxxL cause i have a 400watt and a 600watt both hps. it would be just for flowering. just havnt realy seen any in action
cheers fellow growers.

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
i got a couple 2 x 2 x 2 off ebay...the ones with the white inside...light leaks all over it..

theres the other ones with the mylar look..no idea if there any better but have seen ad's state them being light proof?...thats the biggest issue ive had with them.HH. =]-~

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive got a mylar ezi-tent and ive owned the white lined tents and have come to the conclusion they work best with light coolers...

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just bought a 4x4 Sun Hut Silver XL. It was a bitch to set up but well worth it. There are some minor light leaks but not too bad. I have one seam that leaks light, but I think it was because I had stretched the fabric at that corner. After I got it set up, I realized the entire bottom is zippered and removable. Would have made it easier to set up with the bottom removed. I've got some A-Train going now, and the plants are loving it!

Technique

there is a store on ebay selling indoor elements ones they seem like the go. (discount hydroponics)

cheap and no leaks according to a freind.

i am using an eztent mylar also. its doing ok and may leak a little but no problems growing in it. could do with more vents which is why i suggest the indoor elements one

dobo

i have one, they are great, no light leaks but mines enclosed in a somewhat dark shed so light leaks isn't an issue.

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
Just bought a 4x4 Sun Hut Silver XL. It was a bitch to set up but well worth it. There are some minor light leaks but not too bad. I have one seam that leaks light, but I think it was because I had stretched the fabric at that corner. After I got it set up, I realized the entire bottom is zippered and removable. Would have made it easier to set up with the bottom removed. I've got some A-Train going now, and the plants are loving it!

hahahaha i did the same sort of thing the 1st time i set it up...thought what a bitch this is to set up....

dont think i undid the bottom zip...cracked half the corners while i was at it and had to order more from the guy.....much easier now ive learnt that trick :D .HH. =]-~

pinkskunk

so what lights and shit people running in em and what kind of yeilds coz im thinking i could build a pretty decent cabinet for the price of some of the ones iv seen. if say i did get a tent and it was to have light leaks like some of you guys are saying,how bad has it affected you grows and how much of a hassle has it bee to fix,soory if im asking too many Qs,thanx again!

Technique

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Discount-Hydroponic-Supplies__W0QQ_armrsZ1QQ_fsubZ19303514

i have a eztent that seems to be doing fine, (except the lack of vents) but it is only a 1x1x2m job
running a 1000w digi in there 3 bucket rdwc, no yeild yet. still first run, looking disappointing since i threw myself in the deep end with white widow. if i get a p i will be happy. but i wont

i'm going to get an indoor elements one soon i think. 2.6 x 1.3 x 2

3 1000w in there maybe and a 12 bucket system

pinkskunk

hey technique you just gave me all the inspiration i needed,just picked up a indoor elements tent thesame size as yours,i was stressin it would be too small for my 600 but then i read your post and im feelin good about my purchhase,even if it becomes a mother tent down the track,as im using this as a test to see if itd be worth buyin a bigger size for so i could try pull some bigger yields. got any pics of your setup?

pinkskunk

hey by the way this tent says on the box it has cool tube in out vents and intake outtake vents and also fresh air venton either side that can be opened if you like.il let you know how she sets up.

Technique

heres a photo from a while ago, things are looking scary in there now tho.. WW not a good starting strain :p

yeah i am rocking a 1000w in there, i couldnt be fucked messing about with small lights and went for the big guns.

however i had to buy a water chiller hahaha

Attachments

• huck.jpg
    huck.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 16

Technique

when you get that tent up, post up some photos of the interior! i am keen to see the features!

so you got the 1x1x2?

stay away from elf and goblin fliters. Mine only running with 400w no light leaks or pin holes. Passive intake using ducting bent 90 degrees on either side of tent. Wish I had a 600 in my 3x3

pinkskunk

yeah set up thismorn no shit ten fuckin mins,the bottom is not entirely removable which imo makes for easier set up coz you jus unzip it all put the frame in the bottom,flip it front facing down pull the back up and pull the top over the frame pull all the sides ove r the frame then stand it up and zip it all up,there is a removable floor that goes inside which looks exactly like the tent floor itself. now just gotta fit it all out once i get moved.il post pics next time im there. thanx for reccomending that particular tent technique, got it gst free off the local shop and the bloke said he never stocks tents but sum bloke ordered a heap and the manufacturer sent an extra so i was pretty lucky to scoop it while i did,coz not to keen on ebay and mail order coz im new to computers. cheers again, btw iv got like four strains all backyard breed so no real names for em but il post pics of it all once i learn how to do that.

pinkskunk

hey built to last whats a gobblin or elf filter? if you mean carbon filter i have a odour sok do you know if theyre any good?

Technique

i bought an odor sock too.. was then advised they are not that good. but will see.

i think you need to activate it in the clothes dryer?