What's new

GROW TENT:Toxic Offgasses Produced -KILLS plants ,! ?etc....

CaStoner

I bought one last year, just decided to put it up this year unaware of the problems I inquired HTGsupply.

Their response.

Hello,
You actually bought a Growbrite Tent from us and we do not sell the Hydro
Hut. Our PVC does not emit gasses into the tent and you will have nothing
to worry about. If you would like I could email you a picture of that same
tent that has been in action for months here at our location.
Thank you,
HTgsupply

So far I have 20 plants in there no problems I can see so far, growing great!

neuroherb

CaStoner it seems that from what I have read & discussed with people there is no way to say you will defnitely have a problem only that if you have the problem its not going to go away.

If thats the first grow you have done in it you aren't yet far enough on compared to when I have seen the issue kick in. Keep an eye on yellowing of the leaves. When you first see it it will be tempting to assess that there is a bit of nute burn since on mine it started at the tips in the same way. However backing of the nutes or changing the res to pure water will not make a difference. Also you might find the stalks don't develop very well and the plants are spindly with leaves or branches falling of if touched along with a few other signs.

Hope it keeps going well for you.

Last edited:
i lost mad crops do to the silent killer in a hydrofarm hydro hut...... does anyone have any feedback on the process of sending it back and getting it returned reconditioned from the recall?? Thanks

neuroherb

Repost from another site etc.....

======== Letter posted elsewhere originally by HydroHut but since by other members =======================

Open Letter from HydroHut to the public

In the last several months, HydroHut has been made aware of and pursued a problem with some of its Huts causing a peculiar plant yellowing leading to plant whitening in certain, sensitive plants. While the issue did not arise in all plants, or all Huts, the existence of a problem was not conducive to our product’s mission.

After several months of extensive testing, false positives and much interaction with the public regarding this matter, we have found an EPA approved compound that isn’t stable in our plastic and that causes extreme stress to certain sensitive plants. In the future, this compound will be removed during manufacture.

Our focus has been directed at how to remove this compound from the plastic and to do so in a way that we could retroactively repair any HydroHut already in the field. As of February 2008, HydroHut will be repairing any affected HydroHuts at its facility. The exact process by which we repair the HydroHuts is extensive and proprietary and it will be carried out by a trainedstaff at our locations.

We fully understand that this situation with our product has adversely affected many clients. For this reason, we are standing behind our product and are offering anyone who has been affected a way to have his/her HydroHut repaired free of charge.

Any client, be they end user or store, can arrange to have his HydroHut shipped back to our Los Angeles facility for processing, free of charge. The HydroHut will then be shipped back to the client free of charge.

All inquiries for HydroHut processing should be directed to [email protected] with no exceptions.

Please provide the following details in the email:

1) Size/modelof affected HydroHut

2) Number of affected HydroHuts (only the HydroHut brand will beaccepted for processing)

3) Address where the HydroHut can be picked up by UPS call tag (make sure someone is there to meet the UPS driver) Do not use a PO box as UPS will not pick up from a PO box

4) A name to whom/which we can address the package going back to you, the client. (We will make a good faith attempt at getting your product back to you. If nobody is at the address to accept the package three times, the package will be sent back to Los Angeles. Any further attempts to get the package to the client will be paid for by client.)

5) Please remove your HydroHut canvas or skin and box it up. Do not pack up your poles or hardware. Do not remove your frame. Do not attempt to ship us your frame or other items. We will only be call tagging the canvas in a box. You must provide that box and properly seal that box. We will send you a call tag for a specific weight based on the email you send to us with your HydroHut details. Again, we will only be taking back your canvas for processing; no other parts or hardware will be accepted. Leave your frame set up and intact.

6) We will make every effort to process and reship your HydroHut canvas within two weeks. This is not a guarantee but it is our goal. Please note that ground shipments across the USA can take up to 8 days! Even if we process your HydroHut in only one day, there could still be 16 days of ground shipping, 8 days coming to us and 8 days going back. Be patient. Most clients will not have towait two weeks. Every attempt will be made to expedite each HydroHut.

7) If a store has new HydroHut, still in its original box, the canvas can be re-boxed in a separate box, and the canvas will be returned to the store new and folded, ready to put back into the original box. Please keep your original box at your store including all poles, hardware, and instructions. Do not send us the entire unit.

While this entire exercisemay be time consuming, HydroHut is doing all that it can to rectify this problem as quickly as possible. We apologize to everyone for the difficulties incurred with our product, end-users and stores. Without a loyal standing of clients we would be nothing. It is our goal make this situation as right as we can. Thank you to everyone who has stuck with us through this difficult period.

Evan Townsley
Managing Director

================================================

Best of luck to all with problems.

NH

Last edited:

neuroherb

Hi

Thats not me its just a repost of an open letter that is going round loads of forums if you know anywhere its not feel free to repost it yourself.

Best of luck with the issues, but your first concern should be to get any grow out of the tent if your having a problem.

Raijin

Biofloral=Habitat=Sunhut

Biofloral=Habitat=Sunhut

The Biofloral tent is the exact same tent being sold by sunhut and habitat. All three are made at the seechance company in china. One quick search of the seechance website and you will see all of the tents that they have copied. They are bad news.

Seechance has even sold into Europe and Australia. Same thing happening all over the place.

Thats an old photo - you should see the tribes runnin' around in there now. All silver = no complaints from the peanut gallery.
There's lotsa good tents out there if you look.
Just expect to see all the white pvc ones on Ebay close-outs.
I liked the flange vs. the sock, welded steel frame & corners, cheaper price than the Jardins, great zippers & the included 2 - 6" flanges on the Sunhut XL + the fact that it holds 2 - 2'x4' flood tables with room to spare.
Gotta say though that this tent was built for a 1000W light. My 600W HPS didn't cover it enough so I added a 8bx4' T-5 & now it's rocking. I didn't think the extra 400W HPS i have would cover the 4 1/2' spread evenly enough, so T-5's it was. It's going to be a nice experiment to grow mj under 2 different light sources.

Raijin

My bad, I should have mentioned that now that they have gone from white floor to silver, there is nothing to worry about. The interim model with silver walls and the white waterproof floor showed that they had/have little clue about what is causing the problem.

Joe Hawkins

Ive been set back nearly twelve months because of those frigging tents, I got a new tent with the silver lining and it came with the pvc bottom liner, I thought, nah that couldnt possibly be bad, not this time, they know all about the pvc problem, butno, the liner was toxic too,Tearing my hair out at this stage, I tossed the liner and all was sweet, finished some nice BB and Ed rosenthal Super Bud a few weeks back.
Pics of setup in my gallery

7910Pictures_076-thumb.jpg

Last edited:

zeus007

Hey Werdna,

I just bought an 8x4x7 Floracorp tent about a month and a half ago. I potted 30 plants and put them in. At first they weren't growing as fast as they should, then the bottom leaves started to yellow, then all the new growth started to yellow. I had heard about the hydro hut, or sun hut, or whoever causing this problem cuz of the PVC, so I googled "Floracorp tent killing plants", and your article came up. As soon as I finished reading it I took them all out of the tent. I noticed a change for the best in a few hours!. Thanx man! I'll help you out as much as I can if you need someone else to go against the "non-plant killing tents company", Floracorp . These plants weren't grown legally, so my help will be limited. Thanx again! L8r dude. :smile:

supermanlives

Veteran
my old hydro hut killed off 2 runs. they replaced the material/fabric or supposedly did some magic to it LOL. well its killing off 3 out of 4 test plants. will know more in a few days. DAVESNOTHERE

Latest posts

Latest posts