What's new

Grow tent to hot

JBlaze

Listen to me, just hook up your 6'' vortex to ducting leading OUTSIDE the room your tent is in. It will fix your problem.

noreaga

Seems like u got a good fan for the wattage, maybe a room /portable ac???????? ac opens up alot of options instead of bigger fan

haha I think freezerboy is trying to tell you, in his own kind way, that cfm is cubic feet per minute and that's referring to a fan. I think you're saying your room is 118 cubic feet but i just did 4x4x6 and got 96...
Definitely blow the hot air outside of the room you're in. My fans are in the attic, one sucking from outside the tent, through the light and up to the attic and the other sucking air from the tent though passive intakes. It keeps me about 4 degrees above the room its in. If your room temps are too high anyway your only options are a/c or wait for winter...
best of luck man.:joint:

killa12345

Here is pictures of the way my tent is set up!

2 inline fans are needed 6in"

1 fan is needed inside for air movement!

anymore questions feel free to ask!

One duct collar is needed on the intake side for the light!

DSC02795.jpg

DSC02796.jpg

DSC02798.jpg

Sampson818

One duct collar is needed on the intake side for the light!

DSC02795.jpg

DSC02796.jpg

DSC02798.jpg
Your set up looks sick
I am going to get another 6 in vortex
Thanks for showing me yourset up I know what I got to do

JBlaze

You can buy 3 more 6'' fans and you will have the same problem. You have to man up and cut holes in your roof to the attic or vent out the window.

Sampson818

I need a high Btu portable AC to lower temp in the room, electronics in the room would mean I need additional 4000 btu to any ac I get that appropriate for the room ,
1 more fan to exhaust the tent to the outside
current 6 in fan will exhaust air Hood to the outside.
Based on the info I got from people I believe this setup will allow me to do this year round should I choose
Thanks you all for helping

Sampson818

LMAO.... You still have to vent the ac... And it puts out even more hot air then the light...
portable AC come with a 6 ft of ducting that EXHAUSTED OUTSIDE.
I know the AC puts out more heat that why added addional 4000 BTU to my Square feet I took in to account the appliance that are in the room.

killa12345

I use no AC tent says within a few degrees within room temp....sometimes it even drops below room temp...just food for thought

And If any of you live in a place that is year round as hot as the place i live....id like to see it! Trust me....2 years ago it only went below 70F 2 days in the whole year!

aligee

Veteran
I use a 6" vortex (open end cooltube 600w hps/400w mh) insulated ducting exhausting to attic ,passive intake a few fans inside DR100!window ac set at 69* to cool room temps light on 75*-77* and me and the ladies are happy happy save yourself a headache and prevent them girls from stressing and turnin on u! cut an exhaust opening out and away from your room and you'll be amazed!

Batboy

Questions:

How is the filter hung/mounted?

Your cooltube looks like mine, the Hydrofarm 6" cooltube, but mine came with hooks on the sides for hanging, not the top center. What am I missing?

Is that 6" or more insulated ductwork outside of the cab?

What's your intake situation? I'm guessing that the ductwork to the left of the light is passive intake for the light, what about the rest of the cab?

How loud are those fans? Could you ever hope to use those 2 centrifugals and keep it stealthy?

killa12345

Questions:

How is the filter hung/mounted?

With Large Zip Ties

Your cooltube looks like mine, the Hydrofarm 6" cooltube, but mine came with hooks on the sides for hanging, not the top center. What am I missing?

IDK.....The one is the pic is from HTG and has eye holes on the top

Is that 6" or more insulated ductwork outside of the cab?

Yes

What's your intake situation? I'm guessing that the ductwork to the left of the light is passive intake for the light, what about the rest of the cab?

the cab has passive intakes on the bottom they are like 4 in long 2 in tall......3 of them

How loud are those fans? Could you ever hope to use those 2 centrifugals and keep it stealthy?

Even though this has its own room...you would never know it was here....the room stays locked and the fans are quiet....it just sounds like the ac in that room....the vortex without a speed controller is tooooo loud....invest in a $30 speed controller and set to the lowest setting...

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Hey the problem you having is your ambient air temp in the room your tent is in is too high. You need to add some sort of AC to the room to get the ambient temp around 72-75 or else your never going to get the tent to stay under 90f.. That is because even if you had perfect ventilation you would never get your tent to stay any cooler than the ambient temp outside the tent.. Just not possible.

So I guess my answer to your question is that you need to buy an air conditioner, or else just wait until winter to start growing when you will have the proper temps.. Or just dont worry about it, and keep it under 95, you will get buds but nothing compared to if you had temps under control.. Anyway I hope this helps.. Peace.

-N.Kron:rasta:

killa12345

Hey the problem you having is your ambient air temp in the room your tent is in is too high. You need to add some sort of AC to the room to get the ambient temp around 72-75 or else your never going to get the tent to stay under 90f.. That is because even if you had perfect ventilation you would never get your tent to stay any cooler than the ambient temp outside the tent.. Just not possible.

So I guess my answer to your question is that you need to buy an air conditioner, or else just wait until winter to start growing when you will have the proper temps.. Or just dont worry about it, and keep it under 95, you will get buds but nothing compared to if you had temps under control.. Anyway I hope this helps.. Peace.

-N.Kron:rasta:

i disagree with this entirely.....i run my AC in my house at 74F consistantly.....the room where my tent is housed usually stays around 71-75 based on this is the closest room to the ac handler....my tent on the other hand drops to 67-68f when the lights are off in the tent and the fan is pushing....so saying that the tent cant go below ambient room temp. is false.... also as long as you can keep that room cool you should have no problem....monitor the ambient room temp. EVERY HOUR to find the rooms lowest reading....then have your lights on at that time...

my room seems to be the coldest at about 1pm because it takes a lot to cool my living room, which is where the ac switch is located..because at 1pm the temps outside can be around 100f even now the AC pushes on full blast..moreover....my house is the hottest at 3-5 am....because once that living room is cold my AC will shut off till the sun comes up! this goes against typical growing times for flowering but you need to find what works for your envoirnment before setting up your time schedules!

good luck

What kind of tents do you guys have??? I wanted to get a GROW BRIGHT from HGT(I think it's called grow bright), but they r out for a few weeks.Have any you guys herd of a HOME BOX grow tent.... Someone recommended to look at a site called BGHYDRO.com and those were the ones on there. I've never herd about them before and just wondering if anyone has used one before I buy anything.. UNLESS YOU GUYS KNOW OF A GOOD PLACE FOR ME TO PURCHASE A 2x2x5 grow tent... Or some thing around those dimensions. I'm trying to find a tent without that off-gassing problem.. I herd HGT had good ones but I'm not trying to wait three weeks, but if I have to I will... THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP!!!!!!!

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't agree that you "can't" get your room lower then ambient temps, just saying it does play a roll in overall temp.

just a thing about heat. i live in a desert. summers are a lovely 110 plus on average. my flower room was typically 90 degrees plus most of the time (1000 watt hps, fan outside closet only). although it was not an ideal temp, i averaged 16 oz every three months in a 5 X 5.5 X 11 closet.

don't ever think you can't get a decent yeild because the temps are a bit high. it's kept me going for 16 years.