What's new

Grow meds for a living?

G

Gilles&Cheryl

I don't really have any aspirations of becoming a caregiver and I live in a state without mmj but I have been wondering, can you make a LEGAL living growing mmj?

I would love to hear any experiences.

C

CheifnBud2

Yes you can. Do a search. This has been brought up and throughly debated, and answered about 3-5 times.

CoonLover

I don't really have any aspirations of becoming a caregiver and I live in a state without mmj but I have been wondering, can you make a LEGAL living growing mmj?

I would love to hear any experiences.

My buddy in Fresno makes a great legal living selling to the clubs. It's all non-profit, sets himself a nice salary, operating costs, vehicle to transport plants and finished product, & etc. He's happy and high as a kite.

CoonLover

I am very sorry, CheifnBud2.

You have to forgive chief
images
, its been many moons since he has seen hairless beaver. Lets all do a rain dance so he can find pond to stick his fish in.

m154621844.jpg

G

Gilles&Cheryl

lol @ Coonhunter...good one.

It blows my mind that a person can grow legally, let alone make a living.

Is Cali the only med state where this would be a possibility?

CoonLover

I think there is 3 or 4 states that have cannabis dispensaries. I'm not a 100% sure about the 13 mmj states and their rules.

Ya, it's a trip to think you can make a (honest)living on that crop. What a great time to be growing.

I wonder the same thing, and I have a rough plan to get out to Cali within the next couple of months to get started in this industry! How amazing would it be to never have to program another thrown together crappy website!?! (I'm a computer programmer/web designer...disillusioned by the thought of spending the rest of my life in front of a computer...). This sounds like my dreams come true! ;o) Any pointers in the right directions or advice?

G

Gilles&Cheryl

Are there any icmag members out there actually doing it? I would love to hear your trials and tribulations.

trybud

works for me....dont get greedy and try to stay out of the mess of having a business partner. it can be scary when your just barely above living month to month and you have crop failure (or in my case cloning issues) it all works itself out in the end tho, the biggest plus being all the extra free time you have compared to working 40-50 hours a week(that you'll usually burn up doing some 'hobby growing')

G

Gilles&Cheryl

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer, trybud. Do you deal with the dispensaries or directly with patients?

I've wondered if the dispensaries try to rip off the growers. It happens a lot in other areas of agriculture, being a farmer is a thankless job in most parts of the country. Although, MMJ is a lot different than corn...

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Yes you can. Do a search. This has been brought up and throughly debated, and answered about 3-5 times.

Mkay...on a positive note, the searches here are very watered down and you are new, do not appologize for not knowing the answer to a very good question.

I hope you feel welcomed here at IC Mag. :friends:

-Miss B.

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
There's already a 126 reply thread on this. Took me two seconds to search for it. I'm with chief.

opt1c

Veteran
yes you can; like stated above stay away from partners; be a good neighbor; odor control is a must for indoors; if you're doing it outdoors live far away from people or in the ghetto with a pack of big mean dogs. don't expect to get rich overnight; especially if you're an honest citizen who actually pays for the power they use. some places are nicer to live in than others from a growing perspective; temps, tap water quality, water prices, etc... electricity is high everywhere in california; if you're poor and stay that way the care discount is wonderful for disabled med growers unable to work regular jobs. don't skimp when it comes to setting up the initial electrical connections; too many lives have been ruined due to bad wiring; stay humble; don't get greedy; don't go over your allowed number; don't be sloppy; don't talk about growing outside of icmag; for everyone concerned you can't work cuz you're crazy and might flip out and kill your coworkers like you did at your last job so you're home all the time and you have a cousin who lives up north who hooks u up with the bomb from time to time.... hope that helps.. without wading through pages of replys

CoonLover

yes you can; like stated above stay away from partners; be a good neighbor; odor control is a must for indoors; if you're doing it outdoors live far away from people or in the ghetto with a pack of big mean dogs. don't expect to get rich overnight; especially if you're an honest citizen who actually pays for the power they use. some places are nicer to live in than others from a growing perspective; temps, tap water quality, water prices, etc... electricity is high everywhere in california; if you're poor and stay that way the care discount is wonderful for disabled med growers unable to work regular jobs. don't skimp when it comes to setting up the initial electrical connections; too many lives have been ruined due to bad wiring; stay humble; don't get greedy; don't go over your allowed number; don't be sloppy; don't talk about growing outside of icmag; for everyone concerned you can't work cuz you're crazy and might flip out and kill your coworkers like you did at your last job so you're home all the time and you have a cousin who lives up north who hooks u up with the bomb from time to time.... hope that helps.. without wading through pages of replys

Great feedback and great comment

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
It is a damn great way to make a living whether in cali or other med friendly states. I am going to be doing a delivery service to start with then setup an actual club, setting up my business license in the next couple months and getting everything 100% legit. I am however going to have "legal" one call away just in case and the best part about that is, there are so many who deal with marijuana cases and win them hand over fist especially here in california because we actually HAVE protection which surprises most.

get your card
get your setup
get your business license and do everything BY THE BOOK
get your grow on
get the word out
get paid and make people happy

I

IE2KS_KUSH

I personally, would not count on making a living w/ something that could land you in federal ass pounding prison. The odds are good that won't happen, but at the same time, it's not out of the question. Remember, people are still being convicted in federal courts, to this day. It won't stop, if you wish, you roll the dice. Be prepared for the worst always, hope for the best, hold onto your ass. The feds do not fuck around, and they do not give a shit about anything but the black and white federal law. No matter how small the risk is, the consequence is severe and before you really seriously entertain the notion of making a living, understand that it could be your life. Do you have kids? Single? Etc???
You just never think it will ever happen to you. It does happen. If you can deal w/ shit. It's a risk to reward question. You should go study the federal drug laws pertaining to what you want to do specifically. YOu would not believe how many slightly different ways they will try to say you sold, possessed, manufactured, cultivated, etc....etc.....not to mention conspiracy to poessess and sell, not to mention if firearms are involved. For example, a clinic is raided and what not, they have armed gaurds employed, the gov. would like slap the owner that they would be charging w/ a firearm while doing a feloy, 10 years period. No matter what. Not counting any other charges. Very carefully think about what it is you want to do, and what it's worth to you.
Now if you wanted to move to a medical state, grow your own. ANd just made yourself "self serving" when it came to smoking, or medicating if you use it medically, whatever, then although the risk is low again, it does exist, but as long as you are a good, law abiding person that keeps your nose clean, and you don't do stupid crazy shit, then I would say that is pretty easy and relatively low risk. If you wanna be Johnny Fuckin' Wad and have the house on the hill, big cars, etc...., then good luck. Be smart and stay safe.

Latest posts

Latest posts