What's new

Grow controller? (DIY)

Hephaestus

Yup, i am asking much :) But it's actually more work to run separate LEDs fired off the digital outputs from the arduino (meant to fire the SSRs).

Hephaestus

as of yet haven't...

Easy to find a 12v and 120v illuminated - where the illumination is fed separately, somehow finding it as 5vdc in the same - not so simple...

Hephaestus

I doubt I'll ever get into a remote management in the work I'm doing... Doesn't eliminate the possibility - but I wont be developing it. However it's expandable enough - that one could easily add it on...

Having wireless network capabilities results in ability to detect & ability for someone to fuck with your shit... I'm not interested in introducing that kind of vulnerability...

Hephaestus

Yeah there's ways to spit info out - rs232 or otherwise, but if you've got to plug in to get it... whats the point? why not just use the LCD/keypad?

M

medi-useA

Heff..another idea...

Drying chamber...

20 L bucket...or bigger tub, shelving of flyscreen for buds...temp and rh probes in bucket/tub...temp/rh rises to set levels, vent is opened, fans come on...temp/rh drops, vent is closed, fans turn off...overmax temp/rh alarm...beeper or flasher for when correct rh is finally achieved...

Possibly something th@can be programmed to bring rh down to 55%-60%-65% over a set period of time?

sound viable?...

muA

Hephaestus

Programming in a drying chamber - not an issue...

Realfood - same security issues, would have to be networked in some way... Suppose you could set it up with a burn phone for SMS that wouldn't be too insecure with certain authentications...

M

medi-useA-Redux

Hiya Heff....any news on the controller?

I've got a few questions, hope you and the others might chime in...

OK, I'm thinking of a moisture/temp probe th@ can be driven into a solid container of bud....I'm using medical grade plastic containers th@used to contain the blood testing strips for a diabetic...I started with those plastic Smarties/M'n'M's tubes...but though these medical grade containers are half the size, they seal better and I have a steady supply of them.

I have found if I air dry the bud a week or two and then cram the containers full and sit them on my heatpad a few days with the lids off, then seal them an put them somewhere cool and dark, wh@I get @the end is a pellet of dried, cured weed...the totally anoxic environment seems to really help the cure, I think.

I want to monitor this process...so could a temp/moisture probe be made/bought for a reasonable price th@ I could afford to have one in each container?...looking@20 containers@the moment....

muA

Hephaestus

muA! Welcome back - don't be running off like that again, I'll have to jump on a plane and cuff ya upside the head personally :)

Have been having some personal issues - meds have me out to frigging lunch... Haven't even touched it - other than a quick power up/test of the new lcd...

M

medi-useA-Redux

Ok here's my question of the day :)

Trying to find... Illuminated SPST switch (green) - light needs to be independant of switch position - and 5vdc...

Anyone seen something that fits the bill?

Does this qualify?...it looks pretty damn cool.

muA

Stay Puft

Here is one that meets your request: (ugly though)
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=360-2266-ND
If you can stand DPST , Ilike this one better:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=360-1733-ND
You will need to install a "ballast resistor" in series with the LED if you are driving it with 5V DC. (~175 ohms=~ 17mA current limit) The term "ballast resistor" is in the datasheet, I always considered them "current limiting"... Same thing in the end just different terms.;)
Be warned-You did not specify the desired minimum contact rating. (Current)
It is important to know the load charateristics when selecting a switch. :)
Regards,
Puft

Edit: Check out this tutorial.
http://dkc1.digikey.com/us/en/tod/NKK/SwitchBasics/Switch_Basics.html
http://dkc1.digikey.com/us/en/tod/NKK/IlluminatedSwitches/IlluminatedSwitches.html
(pretty cool IMHO)

Latest posts

Latest posts