What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Competition GROW CONTEST WINNER: Noreason gardens

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rhian BX2 #5 (Rhian x 100 Hand Slap) - Trichome Jungle - 70+ days

Don't know much about this strain, but I do know I like it. Big yielder, good resin coverage, lower buds needed 80+ days for a decent ripe (pics were taken around 70 days as the main cola was hit by mold) and a good taste of hashish, wood, sweet pie/cream, maybe some lavender. Remember me of a (sherbet X platinum cookies) I had.

I will keep this pheno and flower it again for sure.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PelmoDawg #6 - 70+ days 12/12

During this little selection I only had two female of this strain, this is the second and last one. Very very similar to pheno #5 both for structure and smell/aroma. There is a slight difference in taste but nothing relevant. It's a pleasant smoke and it also lloks really nice.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

nickman

Veteran
BEAUTIFUL plants brother...!!!...

I love looking at and reading your updates... always have and always will. . . Respect bro... ... ...

Great work man...

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Haven't checked in here for awhile, nice to see you are still consistenly updating this thread with same high quality runs and pictures, and documentation. Sure there are many great threads, but this one is still going, even in 2020 ;)

Thesearch

Yeah I know bro, but that's not my issue. No matter if cold or warm, supersoil, hydro or coco...seems the mom itself has been compromised.

This happened only one time to me, like 7 or 8 years ago with a cheese cut. I give the cut to a friend, than he gave it back to me after some months.
It lost completly its strong smell. Tried to grown several times, I also made S1 seeds out of it and all the offspring was without smell. Nothing, all the good smell was gone.

I think epigenetic is involved and I'm trying to figuring out what's happening overall, where to put my energies, what to toss and what not.

Any of you reading this post ever had a mom like the ones I described? Feel free to give your 2 cents :)

:wave:

I have never seen this happen in my limited experience but my understanding is that taking a tissue culture clone will reinvigorate the strain back to it's original state. People claim that it does this for old clones, specifically.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran

good job & nice update

BEAUTIFUL plants brother...!!!...

I love looking at and reading your updates... always have and always will. . . Respect bro... ... ...

Great work man...

Can't believe I've only just discovered this thread, great stuff mate!!

Haven't checked in here for awhile, nice to see you are still consistenly updating this thread with same high quality runs and pictures, and documentation. Sure there are many great threads, but this one is still going, even in 2020 ;)

Thank you buddies, glad you still enjoy this thread...need more time to post something more than always flower pics!

no trim bud!

I have never seen this happen in my limited experience but my understanding is that taking a tissue culture clone will reinvigorate the strain back to it's original state. People claim that it does this for old clones, specifically.

Thanks for your input buddy!

Regarding that post...I wrote it in a time I didn't know NOTHING aboul HLV viroid. I was referring to some plant/s (don't remeber exactly which ones) affected by this viroid, which I only discovered after a period of time.

Now, looking at the past it's clear to me the issue was HLV.

However, in that post I was linking HLV to another plant I had in the past (cheese). In that occasion I'm 100% confident it was NOT HLV. Still don't know what it was and don't know if a tissue culture could have worked on it, maybe.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TrueCanna Genetics - Britney (Chocolate Thai x Terperella/ChemValley Cooks) - 80 days 12/12 approx.

Yo guys, time for an update about few more strains/plants.

Talking about Britney...well I tried 4 or 5 phenos and honestly I didn't like them too much. Not much smell, not much taste.

Having approx 10 females I noticed many different phenos, few of them took around 65 days and most of them were more sativa style plants, requiring even more than 90+ days for a decent ripe. I mean...sativa! Last three of them are still alive, will be chopped tomorrow at approx. 100 days of 12/12.

So basically you can expect a more sativa style plants, not really impressive stretch but being sativas yes, there indeed is a good 3 or 4x stretch.

Yielding side...good. Sativa ones yielded around 60grams each, and the last three will be around 70 or 75. Being them in 3 liters pot I would say it's an average/good sativa yielding.

One little note about this strain...many branches of ALL plants were strangely growing horizontally, or at least they had a tendency. I was worried about HLV viroid, but now I don't think this was the case. However it was strange.

Will not say much more about smell and taste. Imho there is no reason to keep any of them. Smell is not strong and remember me unwrapping some freshly made commercial hashish, smells good but anonymous.

pheno#1

picture.php

picture.php

Pheno #7

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]TrueCanna Genetics - Britney (Chocolate Thai x Terperella/ChemValley Cooks) - 80 days 12/12 approx.

Most of the phenotypes I grown had a decent amount of resin. Maybe #7 was the best looking one. Good resin coverage, not so airy flowers, bag appeal is high at least.

Pheno#7

picture.php

picture.php

Pheno #8

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]TrueCanna Genetics - Britney (Chocolate Thai x Terperella/ChemValley Cooks) - 80 days 12/12 approx.

Pheno#11

#11 was not so sativa like others. Some purple was also there, bag appeal it's not so good. Elongated stigmas are not so cool on dry buds.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trichome Jungle - Rhian BX2 (Rhian x 100 Hand Slap) - 70 days 12/12 approx.

Pheno #7

For sure this is a nice looking plant, it's flowers are top ones. Very hard buds, heavy nuggets and really easy to trim.

Resin coverage it's just more than ok, stretch is not too much, not too long flowering. Am I happy with it? Yes, indeed.
Flowering time of this strain should be around 70-75 days 12/12 average.

About smell and taste well, it's not one of the most tasting weed on the planet but it has some. Hashish, hearty, wood, kush, dank...that kind of smell and also taste, as it's not so different at the end.

For sure it's a pleasant smoke and also a strong effect, should be high thc.

If you search for a good strain, hard flowers, kushy...this one it's not bad at all. I got these seeds gifted by a friend but I would have bought them without getting disappointed.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trichome Jungle - Jungle Juice (Jungle Kush x Sour Diesel) - 70days 12/12 approx.

This one is a good strain and I liked it guys. Like others it's not the best of the best, but has its own appeal.

On the growing side it seems to be an easy strain to grow, not much stretch, grows like an indica, yield is good, flowers are nice and resin is not bad at all.

Smell and taste are similar, both of them not really strong as I like but being a gassy/kushy/sour strain when smoked the taste makes you want to smoke more. It's a nice selection trichome jungle made, I'm happy with it overall. I will keep all the phenos to make a better selection and will keep the best one.

If you search for a not so long flowring plant, indica style, good flowers with a decent amount of resin, gassy&sour, then this one could be a good one. I noticed few male sacks here and there, but nothing really dangerous, mainly at internodes, but very few.

Pics were taken at 70days approx. I would say overall this strain needs around 70/75 days to ripe (always remembering plants from seeds take few days more than clones).

Pheno#1

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]Trichome Jungle - Jungle Juice (Jungle Kush x Sour Diesel) - 70days 12/12 approx.

Pheno #2

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]Trichome Jungle - Jungle Juice (Jungle Kush x Sour Diesel) - 70days 12/12 approx.

Pheno #3

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trichome Jungle - Jungle Juice (Jungle Kush x Sour Diesel) - 70days 12/12 approx.

Pheno #6

#6 is the best looking one. Dry flowers are really nice looking with a special bag appeal. Maybe pics are not good enough as it was not ripe at 70 days. Once ready it looks really nice.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grateful Seeds - Orange Groovy (or Groove?) - 75 days 12/12 approx.

One of the strain I liked most of this last small selection. I don't know much of this strain, smoked it at the last 420 cup and I remember it was a category winner and if I still remember good, the entry at the cup was more orangy than mines but it was more than a year ago and there were a lot of entries.

On the growing side...no doubts...this is a vigorous strain. It grows with large leaves, strong stems and a good stretching too.

All flowers look good, some of them better than others, resin is just ok, bag appeal is good. Trimming is not bad at all.
They're not indica and not sativa, just hybrids. I mean, not too bushy, not too stretchy. Yield is good too, the best yielders of the group considering flowering time, that is approx. 75 days, maybe a little more being from seed, overall they're not very long flowering plants.

Smell is orangy till mid-flowering, than it turns on more dank, something earthy, a little gas, not sour at all. Taste is not intense as I would like, I feel I was not lucky enough to find a real keeper, but I will give them another run to save the best one or two, for sure they have pontential, it's a nice smoke for sure.

I would say overall this strain is a good strain, didn't see hermie issues. You'll be happy with it if you like kush-gas-dank tasting weed with a hint of sweet orange depending on pheno.

Overall if you're search for real orange this one is not for you, sorbet a l'orange by aficionado is way more orangy than this.

Pheno#1 - approx.75 days

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts