What's new

GROW CONTEST WINNER: Chief Bigsmoke's Perpetual Groove and Nerdatorium

chief bigsmoke

budman, too funny. Cold sweats too? ;) What kinda pups ya got? We have two Bostons - a 3 year old, and a 6 month old. Such cool dogs.

Congrats on the blumats - I'd make it a point to order two shutoff valves too - one for between the rez and your line, in case you need to muck with your rez/have an overflow in the room but can't get to it b/c lights out, etc.. And one for the end of the line, so you can bleed it if you ever have air pockets. (I've got one installed at the end of my line, but I've never actually bled the line. Never needed to - no air pockets. And lord knows I've mucked with the rez plenty of times in the meantime)

SH can you post a picture of your blumat system for everyone here? I'm sure it would do wonders. Plus I'm curious in regards to the rez and line assembly.

BUDMAN.. your dogs and chickens made me a little bit envious. You're pretty darn lucky. I can't wait until Mrs Chief and I have our own little farm. Your fresh eggs must be wicked. Oh and your ingredient list is well done. Have we discussed possibly using DE in your mix yet? I've been considering it, but lack a good source. and I think napa8822 is the southern code.

Thank you both in advance...

PS too freakin' cool these things are... I need blumats! haha

chief bigsmoke

Update Time

Update Time

Oh yeah... Garden update Time !!!

Things are progressing very nicely these days. My ladies dry spell of our meds is over and the tension is eased. The turning point was when we began using quality genetics. Being a small garden we aren't concerned with our small yields. Its all about QUALITY over quantity. If my lady has to us cannabis for the rest of her life I would rather her enjoy the finest "wines" rather than regular everyday "bargain tall can beer". *both of us don't actually drink

Flowering tent: Vert set-up w/ only 600w's on at the mo

1x Original Sweet Skunk (formerly Mystery White)
1x Mystery RED from the mystic donor
2x Mystery Blues

Veg tent: rooted clone phase

1x Mystery Blue
1x Mystery Red
3x Sweet Skunks

------------------------------
In Celebration of my Grow of the Month Nomination and our recent license increase we will be adding 3 new legit hybrid cultivars...

4x Garberville Purple Kush
Purple-Kush003-1.jpg

The Garberville Purple Kush is most notably held by Swerve of Cali Connection Seeds fame and tends to grow with some foxtails and has more of a straight-up Kush taste/smell with hints of the “purple”"Ok here is the story behind the Garberville PK I had a buddy his name was Brian he was in California he had this Kush strain for a few years before he gave it to me,Brian was a very sick man with Cancer but before he passed away in 94 he came up to see me here in Vancouver Canada with this cut in his door of his car That was back in 1994,I asked what it was he said it real good pot but he got the cut from Garberville Humbolt county area and he wanted the cut to be passed around due to it was real good meds so i called it Garberville PK due the big fans go purple,so since i have had it i have passed it out to all who wanted it in my area and even sent over seas in UK and across Canada so there it is if you are holding it pay it forward and don't hoard this really good strain,be well.Peace and stay safe...budmonger"

2x Chem 4
f02cf_chemdawg4.jpg

art of the illustrious line of medical marijuana, known as Chemdog, Chemdawg-4 (also known as Chem-4) is widely considered the best and most potent strain of this line. Unlike the other Chemdog strains, Chem-4 is indica-dominant and will pack a punch like no other. The medicate effect begins very cerebrally for the initial 5 or 10 minutes tricking many patients into thinking it’s a sativa. However after this initial spurt of headiness, Chem-4 will often lock even the most seasoned of smokers into a hopeless state of couch-lock. The buds are light-green and some of the most frosted buds out there, plain and simple. They sometimes don’t even smell like weed when smoked, and more like a danky chemical burning. However, the effect of this is definitely more than most cannabis. While growing, she has shown to be extremely vigorous and is resistant to most pests and diseases, while rewarding growers with great yields, as well as highly potent medication. She grows very bushy and may require pruning her inner leaves to allow maximum light and air-flow to her inner branches. A fairly tall plant, she’ll reach up to 7 feet outdoors and 4 to 5 feet indoors, flowering for 9 - 10 weeks.

1x BC Hashplant
images

BC's (arguably) best Strain. This variety is a mostly indica heavyweight plant that grows and finishes fast. It's easy to grow and versatile. You'll love the extremely resinous sticky buds and the strong cerebral high. Obviously an excellent hash plant. An absolute must for beginners or experts alike. Highly renowned throughout British Columbia and the world for its fast finishing times, abundant resin production and pleasant stone everytime.

:tiphat:
stoked?... we freakin' are.... once we figure out what the mystery cuts are I bet we will have a pretty wicked lil menu. *the donor is back from space soon and will release the names. *for those just catching up. the names of the cuts were withheld so I can take each plant on its own merit and really get to know it, without any falsehoods or fancy names. Once I refine each hybrid the names will be released. This Merlin'esque donor was clear that these cuts are very very choice...he was gave me the name sweet skunk as one of them but didn't tell me what one. I've guessed the mystery white. but I can always be wrong. I'm often wrong. :p but it will take some hardwork to master them... so goes my journey...

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Great thread, Big Chief! Gonna have to spend a lot of time exploring! Thanks for making it all possible. Whew!

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Once again, an amazing thread bro! YOu are very knowledgable grower, and you will only get better! Much love and :respect: So much info here! SL

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Is your orpington a bitch budman?? Ours tends to be a little bossy, and stand off ish, but still a sweet heart when she wants a juicy worm! THere some funny birds for sure. Much love!

yes, quite bossy at times. we originally bought four. one turned out male (gave him away). we had three hens for about 9 months and then recently added two more pullets. one assimilated quickly and the other had a hell of a time. got beat up, cowered behind the coop...5-6 weeks later everyone is getting along

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Chief

I'm smoking on the Chem4 right now, actually. I'm not terribly pleased with how it turned out in my last grow, but I'm sure that's user-error, and not genetic-lousiness. :tiphat:

If she's anything like mine, she's super hoggy on the food, especially cal/mg. If I were you, I'd push her pretty hard out of the gate. ..and if need be, you can always back off, .. But I find it easier to back off than catch up in my grows..

chief bigsmoke

excellent advice. My first grow this time last year was the cheesedog (exodus X chem bx2) and I soon realized I could pile on the nutes. Its good to figure out what side of the genetics caused that. I really look forward to refining her.

Ps I figured the stretch of the chem would be ideal for a vert system. :)

chief bigsmoke

Study Notes:

Study Notes:

Soil Fertility is the current chapter I'm trying to wrap my head around at uni. So I thought it would be helpful to share a couple keywords for everyone (including me) to absorb:

Soil Fetility: capacity of a soil to provide crops with essential plant nutrients

Soil productivity: The capacity of the soil, in its normal environment, to produce a specified plant or sequence of plants under a specified system of management. It emphasizes the capacity of the soil to produce crops and is expressed in terms of yield.

inorganic form (of nutrients) -and- organic form (of nutrients):
Nutrients can exist in inorganic (mineral) forms such as chemical ferts, or in organic forms (combined with carbon) such as decomposing leaf trimmings or other forms of organic matter. However, plants actually get their nutes from the soil and organic matter in the inorganic form. These inorganic nutes are transformed to an organic form (i.e., as compounds containing carbon) when they become part of a living organism. For example, nitrogen in a chemical fertilizer is usually in an inorganic form. When this same nitrogen is taken up by the plant and used to build plant protein, the nitrogen is converted to the organic form. When plants and other living creatures die and decompose, the nutrients they contain turn into mineral (inorganic) forms. The cycle is repeated when the nutrients are used again to build living tissue.

Available nutrients:

In summary, soil nutrients can be categorized on the basis of their availability:

1. Readily available nutrients:
    1. Those nutes in the soil solution (soluble).
    2. Those on exchange sites on the surfaces of clay and humus colloids (exchangeable cations).
    3. Those in direct contact with the root surface.
  2. Moderately available nutes
    1. Those in organic matter that can easily be decomposed by microbeasties.
    2. Those tied up nutes in mineral compounds that decompose and release the nute at a moderate rate into the soil.
  3. Slowly available nutes
    1. Those held in rocks and minerals that are slowly weathered to release their nutrients.
    2. Those in stable organic matter (that which doesn’t decompose rapidly).
Soil Solution: the soil water together with its dissolved salts (cations and anions). The soil solution is the medium by which most soil nutrients are supplied to growing plants. It also has a role in salinity and pH.

chief bigsmoke

Quick update

Quick update

Dynamic Accumulators at work. After each of my pots are harvested I've noticed a nice flourish of growth from the ornamental grass. Which I'm stoked on. I will keep watering them until the next generation is ready to go into them. Then after my plants chill in these 2g's for a while I'll move them up to a 3g air pot w/ a re-amended bottom layer.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2046.jpg
    IMG_2046.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 13

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
always PLEASURE WATCHING your 3d's chief...interesting things!!
plants lookin excellent as usual!!!
kudos to you grower

S

SeaMaiden

Dynamic accumulators at work. After each of my pots are harvested I've noticed a nice flourish of growth from the ornamental grass. Which I'm stoked on. I will keep watering them until the next generation is ready to go into them. Then after my plants chill in these 2g's for a while I'll move them up to a 3g air pot w/ a re-amended bottom layer.

Good stuff!

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
cant believe im so late to this party. i brought you and the girls some love chief, ill set it right over here.

beautiful

budman678

Veteran
STOP IT, yall are making me hungry and i havent even begun lighting the charcoal

budman678

Veteran
grilled salmon (garlic, smoked honey, dill, butter marinade)
rainbow swiss chard w/ anchovies
purple green beans sauteed with garlic and butter

goes really well with a neat macallan scotch single malt 18yr and a bowl of chem99 #4 with some querkle 90u bubble

Last edited: