What's new

GROW CONTEST WINNER: 30 Sour Bubble Trees, 20 Gallon Smartpots, 10K Sealed!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya don't trip bro, the good thing about 30 is most of us are done doing dumb shit and mostly have a plan and goals sorted out.

Couldnt pay me to be 20 again!

E

ekomsi

Happy Bday PK, march is a good mont to be born, mine is this weekend. Although I'm a few years younger. I'm enjoying my 20's very much

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tonygreen- Oh yeah plenty of goals they rule my life and I have been done doing dumb shit for sure. You have to be in this line of work unless you want to end up in the clinker. I liked 19, it was a good year.

Ekomsi- Another Aries popping in, good to know I am amongst fellow warriors :) Enjoy them 20's while they last!

oldbootz- grats

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
o shit happy b day what a shity friend i am lol....

congrats on the contest as well bud... we should try and get together before the trip

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Poopy- Thanks bro, your not shitty I barely celebrate my own birthday. Just another day to me accept I can pull the Bday card lol. Thanks for the congrats I appreciate it. It just means I spend to much time on here and could have some kind of thread ocd :) I am down man I got all these OG and chems to sample on. I want to pick your coco brain to pretty sure I am going to give a flip flop room a shot dtw coco and if things go well which they will I might switch everything.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Romulus- Not guaranteed yet but maybe in the long run. First and foremost I am a hydro grower before anything. I used to run mainly hydro and some soil on the side, eventually it was half and half. Not having enough power at one spot prevented form running hydro so the soil was an easy solution. When I built the new spot I was very invested and I didn't have the investment to build out undercurrent systems, most my experience is in RDWC so undercurrent were always the dream. Also I couldn't afford the risk of loosing a whole crop, so soil was the guarantee I needed.

Now I am ahead of the game and coco is just sounding attractive to me for a few reasons. One, I feel I am at a yield barrier right now, no matter what I do. This katsu crop will be the proof in the pudding if I don't hit certain numbers I am facing a wall. One problem I know is my low numbers per light, but I need to try and make the best of it. Another reason, not having to mix soil, it gets old mixing up 72+cuft by hand every 6 weeks or so. Also, carrying out and dumping these pots even when pretty dry is a beast. Less mess, less pest, increased oxygen, and MOST of all MORE CONTROL.

I just recently have been gaining more and more of an understanding of the whole process and I feel comfortable enough to try a 1K room. I am confident in my understanding of everything so if the results are great I may make the full transition. My mamas will still be in this soil no matter what system I ever use, it is to damn easy and I never feed mama plants by the time they need food they are unmanageable x10 anyways. I will pickup the supplies soon for the 1K so I can get the plants vegging, should be fun.

P

PerroVerde

Can't wait to watch you rock coco PK. I stinking love growing in coco and haven't looked back since I started running it... :)

whatthe215

Veteran
i thought coco would be difficult but it really isn't. switched 3 months ago and just had my best harvest so far.

less medium per plant with higher yield, and you can reuse it. i did get springtails in some canna and people have supposedly gotten root aphids in a bag. i just assume it's there and treat it before plants go in.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PerroVerde- I hope I feel the same way.

whatthe215-good to hear! I will be doing things on the preventitve side as well good thinking. I use canna coco now in my soil mix.

cody2white- I am thinking of getting 24 2x2 shallow depth trays and putting 3/4 drains on them. Elevating them with a barrel wheel kit, plenty of slack in the line to let me be able to move them around to get in there and bamboo and stuff. 7 or 10 gallon smart pots filled with canna coco only. 1/2" feed lines feeding these new little 8" watering halos I found at the store that connect to 1/2" line. Reservoir big enough to last 10 days. Water pump on the drain running right to a drain I have. Sentinel timer for pump controls. 3/4gallon to 3/gallon to 7 or 10 gallon pot for transplants. continuous tri-meters, if I was super cool ph dosers. I would have to do that for both veg and flower. Then 3 other setups for the flip flop same way just smaller pots and one 4x4 table.

Pipe dream right now first I need to get my feet wet and do a confidence building run.

I

idoreallytry

me too bro u should have said it was ur birthday brother,,,,well I will see ya tomorrow man,,,peace

I am down for helping set the coco room up,,,peace

RespectGreen

Veteran
Man Idk about the mix your running, but I'll vouch for Blazes mix.... I've hit over 2 a light with it.... But I do run the #s in plants

Either way excited to see what ya can do in coco and how it compares! Good luck...

PS check that shizzit for aphids by the bag.... Thats my biggest drawback when it comes to coco

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
just beautiful pure!!!!i bet you cant wait to see that whole new room come chop time :)

heres a pic of my katsu , hope you dont mind :joint:

View Image
^ im almost at week 6.. gonna treat her like pre 98 and take her to 70 days as ive never grown the katsu before!

ill def be watching bud! killer show you have here

She's ripe and ready at 70, I've picked a couple times recently at 65 and her kief wasn't full melt or very melty.

Taken to 70 days her kief will melt down like pure oil. I can't wait to see how she turns out in your garden pk, she's one if not my all time favorites when she's grown to potential she shines....

When you get her doing that, well I can't think of anything else I would wanna smoke.

RespectGreen

Veteran
^ Katsu king over here lol nice photos as always blaze.. One person I know that 4 sure will always have the katsu is you....

somoz

Veteran
I have a feeling you'll do just fine in coco bro.....almost all good soil growers I've known who switch usually smash it.....it's interesting to have the coco/soil debate....I was a coco head for the past couple of years, with small soil projects on the side but due to the current room restrictions I switched over to all soil.*

Recyclable *
Both are reusable, *have you tried to build your soil up a bit more robustly with a couple of pots and run it again, if the biology and Albrecht ratios are correct I've seen people run a no till 8k room for 6 cycles before dumping all their beds and re-amending......hitting 2 a light as well but running big numbers.*

Maintenance
Both are easily maintained in my opinion, the coco requires a large water supply which can be tricky pending your situation and needs to be watered daily. At the same time it's easier to fix a deficiency in coco vs that of soil, but then again you build your soil right and there are no deficiencies. Coco also has the luxury of getting the best from both worlds: meaning you can get all beneficial on it with compost teas, enzyme teas (barley, mung beans, alfalfa, kelp, etc) and also hit it with the salt based side of things.....those salts do kill the microbes though.*

Yield*
In a ten gallon pot indoors, coco is going to out yield soil, there's no two ways around it. If you're running low numbers and have access to large amounts of water, good drainage, and an automation setup coco is a solid route to go. However, if you're running 20-30 a light I personally think soil beds are the way to go. The majority of growers I've seen who run 30 per light always hit at least 2 a light because it's simple math: all you need is 1.25 oz per plant. Way easier to hit those marks with numbers vs growing semi trees.*

Why not make life easier on yourself now that you're in your thirties, get a couple of greenhouses, run 24-36 plants shooting for 5-7 bows per plant and only work half the season. It's more enjoyable working outdoors.*
:blowbubbles: