What's new

GROW CONTEST WINNER: 30 Sour Bubble Trees, 20 Gallon Smartpots, 10K Sealed!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice lady's PuReKnOwLeDgE. Someone will be very happy to get some of those beans. Job well done:)

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DB #2- This girl is the cheese basically lol. She is so cheesy, like thick cheesy with a hint of fruit.

picture.php

picture.php

DB #4- This was the yielder. She is very pre95 sensi star dom, I have an old pic of 95 sensi star and they are almost a spitting image. She smokes good, very powerful. I can''t pinpoint her smell, it isn't very strong.

picture.php

picture.php

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DB #8- This girl is very nice. She smelled sour and stayed sour. All I know about smoking her is I handoff the doobie to my gf and say keep it lol. Blows my head off. Not just sour B sour either, ecsd shined through in quite a few of these as well.

picture.php

picture.php

DB#1- This girl yielded well, had big spongey feeling nugs, but dryed dense as a rock. Dry in the bag bag appeal is way up, she had a bubblegum unndertone in her. Smoked nice and smooth, not that deep in to the bags yet.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok that is all for deathbubble shots. I left a few out due to a dead camera battery but I priortized my battery and got shots of the good ones. The others were great just not my style, maybe leaning a little to far sativa I was looking for something more in between. Later I have my 10 K day 42 sour bubble to upload, also the katsu in veg, the og/chem run, and my EastCoastSourBubble on day 60ish. She is blowing me away, I am having awesome results with the new mix compared ot the one time I did run the clone. She is very stanky, tasty, yieldy, floppy, and a fast vegger. I am falling in love more and more, and am thinking the next big run will be all her.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is the Sour Bubble room, end of day 41. Also the new santa fe dehuey, dehumidfy "like a boss." The first picture is of a plant that gets the most fresh AC I believe. She is coloring up nicely.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My new girl:

picture.php

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is Flip B, 1K, six 10gallon smartpots. Ghost OG, Chem D, King Louie OG, Chem 91, SFV OG, SFV x ChemD. They were vegged for like 25 days maybe less in 7 gallon hardside pots. I wasn't liking how long the pots take to dry so I rough transplanted them into 10 gallon smarts and threw them right in flower. I figured I could sacrafice some stretch anyways from what I hear. This room is all about qualtiy smoe for me and the patients, and learning all about these ladies. I have 6 more of them hitting veg now and they will occupy the other flip room in a few weeks. This is at the start of day 9.

picture.php

OUCH does HPS that hurt your eyes? Well then get some Method 7 max resistance sun glasses! Just got them and I love them, my eyes love me for it. Sorry I thought you all had yours on and it would work through da internetz. Well hello ladies...

picture.php

Ok I will shut the light off for you.

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the veg room currently:

24 x Katsu Bubba Kush 20gallon smartpots

picture.php

I am excited to run some katsu these things are going to be monsters FYI!

Last edited:

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is EastCoastSourBubble on day 62, we will get more up close and personal with her around harvest time. I just got a bag form a friend who ran her, she just coats your mouth with sour slime. Her smell translates 100% into flavor. I will be running a big room of her soon. Ok that is it for tonight, phew! To anyone I missed responses to I will hit you back next update.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
How does the promix (It looks like that in pics) work for you in the smart pots? I only have my moms and dads inside in a veg room and used to just use square plastic pots but have recently switched most of them out to 'smartpots'. I'm lucky as a local supermarket sells 15 and 30l heavy duty shopping bags made of the same poly fabric and they work the bomb after poking drain holes, they even come with handles.. In the switch I changed some over to hydroton (expanded clay) and they are doing much better generally and growing quicker than the others in promix. The promix I would hand water(feed) every 2 days, daily would keep medium too wet and in cooler weather I'd have to water every third day maybe. The hydroton drys quicker so I have to feed every day and that could be a major factor for the improvement.. I'm just running a simple chemical, one part - chelated micronutrients, feed at about 1.2 EC and rainwater and hand water, nothing fancy its just a genetics room.
Anyway I'm just rambling, I was curious about your promix and such your experiences.. Your plants look beautiful BTW, thanks for sharing..

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
maryjanismyfre- I know the thread is getting kind of big but if you went back a bit I explain my mix all throughout the thread. The only thing this soil needs is water, however I use some additives. So no it is not promix. I have used promix, and actually plan on running an ammended sunshine #4 side by side to this soil mix. Just go back a ways and read through lots of info provided. thanks for stopping by and the fine compliments :)

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Cheers bro, yeah I looked back a few pages but didn't see it haha.. I'll look back again :) I flower my medicine outside so use an amended soil mix too but also feed them weekly just to boost them. Nice to see soil indoors for a change, pests and their eggs always scare me off using soil inside. You most likely take that into account when making it up, I'll check your write ups.. Thanks for quick reply..

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1 x Bag of Ocean Forest
1 x Bag of Canna Coco
1 X Bag of Happy Frog
1/2 Bag Chunky Perlite
30# Earth worm castings
6 cup pulverized dolomite lime 2-1 Cal/mag ratio
6 cups Bone Meal
3 cups Blood Meal
3 Cups Azomite
3 cups Greensand
3 cups Kelp Meal

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
That was one helluva update pk, man you've been rocking steady! Those deathbubbles look nice, I can't wait to try the deathbubble and east coast sour bubble. The katsu run has my mouth watering already!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am running the mix for the first time. F'n love it. Changed everything for me. Another thing that got me on this path to begin with was, if you have never grown a plant to see what she can do naturally how can you begin to make assumptions about nutritional needs and what works best, you have no control baseline to evaluate information and compare too.

That being said I don't see myself ever going back to bottled chemical nuts. I have some koolbloom powder and liquid left from last run and have debated giving them a shot but they seem so happy I can't justify it!

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
74ChinaRyder- Thanks. From everything I have read co2 is a waste unless running 85F canopy temps, at least 1500ppm is. The co2 allows the plants to handle higher temps with higher metabolism. With cooler temps the plants won't demand a higher co2 concentration, so if you are filling up your room with 1500ppm running 78-80 you are not taking full advantage of the co2. It is hard to get used to that way of thinking. I am open to debate, this is only my second run with co2. My room is set at 82, this device is not under a light but in the canopy. A sensor that reads canopy temps reports 82-85F. Really I would love to hear anyone elses input I did scour the netz recently and this is what I have found.
This is the truest statement i have ever read on any forum ever. I had the same set up, but different lol. Only three lights, but all the rest ac, deheuy,sealed air exchange betwween rooms, and all filtered. Ran like a dream, dankest nugs in my neck of the woods. All a distant memory now. Got a new room now and gettin' her dialed.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Yeah that mix will do it bro.. :) Nice and clean for inside and nutritious.
I use something similar for outside..A bit different based on local availability, cost and local substitutes. The plants F-ing explode in it like yours have.. I've in addition got added ground lucerne (alfalfa) meal for triacontriol (sp?) and give once every 2 weeks or weekly feed boosts with molasses and amino acid/humate/fulvate mix and occasional mgso4 boost and the pots are semi mulched with lucerne meal lightly sprinkled on top. They explode in the soil mix, but with smartpots and natural tria + sugars, whoa boy, even bigger explosion if you could believe it. I have my last cuts for the season that only started taking off last week with first set of three blader leaves. Those plants are now a week later 18inches tall and those still not yet with five bladers, the first leaves are longer than my hand and middle blade is four fingers wide. The same cuts in same pot, medium, space but with water and not molasses once a week the blades were 3 fingers wide at the same stage. There is a visual difference in this sativa leaning hybrid haha. Yeah i'm sold on the amended soil mix and breathing large pots. Nice work and thanks for the reply. Do a favor though and why not try one pot next time with some alfalfa meal added, a cup or two in volume worth to your mix, with a few fortnightly or weekly molasses boosts with humates/fulvates if you can to see if you see a difference yourself. Next week I start ACT foliar boosting my girls too :) Boost em even more for a tasty winter! Another thing, if you do try this some time, just flush molasses girls very well.

And sorry your grow is not nice, its awesome bro, thanks for sharing haha even the title is killa..

Last edited:
PK - Looking awesome, as we could assume it to look!
I am running the mix for the first time. F'n love it. Changed everything for me. Another thing that got me on this path to begin with was, if you have never grown a plant to see what she can do naturally how can you begin to make assumptions about nutritional needs and what works best, you have no control baseline to evaluate information and compare too.

That being said I don't see myself ever going back to bottled chemical nuts. I have some koolbloom powder and liquid left from last run and have debated giving them a shot but they seem so happy I can't justify it!
Good to hear your support for the mix!! I plan to try it shortly too.

RespectGreen

Veteran
I'm LOVING the toke on the SFV. GSC is good, great taste, smell, appearance but u smoke a SFV doob shortly after n it just cuts through the GSC for me