What's new

Grow Automation and Industrial / Computerized Systems Controls

Lyfespan

Hello everybody, contractor/tinker here. I have been developing multiple system control from HD and electrical warehouses, for time efficiency on a new grow area. I think I have most of the remote controlled watering system down, I'm still debating on this IRIS system to make it web accessible.

But I would ultimately like to set up an PI unit to handle things and be web based.

hvac guy

Siemens Simatic PLC is a good solution to make an environmental, irrigation, and lighting controller in one unit.

FtWendy

I haven't watered or mixed nutrients since the day before Thanksgiving. I feel like I tunneled out of prison lol.... and the flowers look great (well, they did before I left last week)

I use a Neptune Apex to coordinate and time operations, data logging and access, and for controlling the environment. The dose, mix and pump/drain functions are all controlled by a couple arduinos that I update when I'm on site. I might pick up a siemens plc to see if I gain anything over the current system, but for now I'm satisfied with the results. The Apex could probably be replaced by a series of relays if you weren't interested in data logging and web access; in the end its just a fancy timer in my case

Happy 2015 ic..... let's make it a big one

Lyfespan

I'm going to need to looking into more programming as I grow, but I'm still kinda small. I will have my 99 this year then I will need the help for sure

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Ihave been working with the MH-Z14 CO2 sensor and arduino/1-wire devices.

So far so good...nothing ready to be implemented yet but closer...

minds_I

Hydropimp

Veteran
I am looking to buy a siemens logo plc.

What voltage should i get it in? ie 115/240 - 12v dc 24v ac/dc or do i need to get 2 different ones?

the plc will control lighting, drip system, temp and humidity and co2

Growtronix for non-critical things like humidifiers, dehumidifers, irrigation, CO2, and datalogging (due to issue like PC failure), PLC for controlling critical things like luminaires.

PLC can be used for all functions, but it's not easy like using Growtronix and PLC can't be used for higher end functions, like dosers to control nutrient solution (like using ISE and controlling pH) and automated irrigation by substrate moisture tension, etc. Datalogging with Growtronix is second to none. Also, being able to control Growtronix from the Internet, get texts and emails if issues arrise, etc., is really nice. Big drawback to Growtronix is it's a 1-wire system, wireless would better, and of course relying on a PC rather than PLC.

hvac guy

I am looking to buy a siemens logo plc.

What voltage should i get it in? ie 115/240 - 12v dc 24v ac/dc or do i need to get 2 different ones?

the plc will control lighting, drip system, temp and humidity and co2

Depending on your inputs, voltage or analog, if you just want to switch devices off and on and have timing cycles involved, the LOGO PLC is inexpensive and software is free, use the 115/240 PLC, you can have up to 16 outputs. If you want to have text alerts, datalogging, etc, that's all available and more reliable with Siemens. Stay away from growtronix, nothing they have is UL/CSA approved.

sarek

Growtronix SUCKS. Complicated, lots of errors probablly from ballasts. Humidity rarely works. Anomylous temp readins way off chart make logging useless. Owner never answrs phone.

Ive had it for years and nobody likes it.

hvac guy

Growtronix SUCKS. Complicated, lots of errors probablly from ballasts. Humidity rarely works. Anomylous temp readins way off chart make logging useless. Owner never answrs phone.

Ive had it for years and nobody likes it.

Growtronix is crap!

Faithe

Thank you for your help, this will provide very useful information. I hope that helps you too.
-------------------------------------------
My stepper motor website:skysmotor.com - Machinery Design ? - ? Stepper Moter Development

"Necessity is the mother of invention." - Author unknown.

Latest posts

Latest posts