What's new

Grow and Tell with Caljim

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Been a while since I last posted a grow, but since things have settled down here on the thirdcoast here it is.

All plants are vegged and cloned under a 4 lamp x 4' t5. 30 cuttings are taken from six small moms, 24 make it to the flower room the others are potential moms for the next round.

The flower room is powered by a 400w and a 600w hps. These shine over two tables each holding 12, 3 gal pots.

The pots are filled with a bale of recycled sunshine mix #4 that is fortified with 15 lbs of worm castings and two bags of a dry fert called rainbowmix bloom and left to cook for a month.

Bloom ferts are Bud blood in the first week of flower, Pure blend pro to keep them fed, Big Bud to push the flowers, Mother Earth Tea for a nice clean finnish, liquid karma for all of its goodies, molasses and hygrozyme.

The genetics are bag seed that I was lucky to find a good mom from. Finnishes in under 60 days, has powerfull ballanced stone, and turns dark purple when well flushed regaurdless of temps.

Heres some picks from the first night of 12/12. Some of the plants were heavilly trimmed, while others were left natural for weight comparrison at harvest.

Without further B.s. here we grow!

http://www.icmag.com/gallery
[url=http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/10610DSCF0009.JPG][img]http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/10610DSCF0009-thumb.JPG

Last edited:
G

Wow, I'll be running this exact set up with 800W CMH in about 2 weeks. You just got me excited, the final product looks great. I'll be watching... Take it easy.

- No Worries

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Grow and Tell - that's a classic name...great plants too I like the efficiency of your setup. Massive buds await thee :joint:

-Funk

caljim

Veteran
Thanks for stopping in. I will try to ensure an interesting , picture filled ride.

The last couple rounds were spent dialing in the soil mixture and environment, now its time to push these laddies.

So stay tuned.....more pics and such are on the way. :wave:

caljim

Veteran
Time seems to have gotten away from me again, so heres some pics of the grow at day 20.

The stretch has just about stopped and the crop is being fed every other water with PBP Bloom, Big Bud, Liuquid Karma and GH Vegan Compost Tea. They are taking their food well and will see a peak feeding next week. Then for weeks 5, 6, and 7 there will be a slow transition from the Pure Blend Pro over to AN Mother Earth Tea.

Threw in a couple pics of my moms, just because they are looking extra sexy today.

Up next--6 White Russians from Serious Seeds, and 6 Motivation from Magnus Gentics. Just popped the soil, baby pics next week.

Last edited:

caljim

Veteran
Heres the update for 25 days of flower: They have not started to pack on the weight yet, but some snow is forming on the bud leaves and they look primed with some close node structure. As with past runs of this strain they should start to pack it on in the next two weeks.

Heres some picks of the young ones. These are Serious Seeds-- White Russian in the white cups and Magnus Genetics-- Motivation in the blue cups.

Planted six of each and all six came up well. Heres to Gypsy Nirvana--from order to reaching for the sky in 2 weeks.

Next--Healthy cuts of the Unc Funk getting ready for the next round.

And finnally a shot of the dual hose Danby portable a/c (12k btu) installed and ready for the summer heat. and the heat of at least one more lamp for the next round.

Last edited:
C

cobain420

Looking great dude, keep it up, you obviously know what your doing!

caljim

Veteran
Nice to see some people stopping by---Thanks for the complements, and if you like how it looks you would not be disapointed by the smoke.

Not to much to update. Just watching the calander and getting ready for the next round. Since this operation has gone up, on the day they get harvested a new group goes in to veg for about a week and a half to two weeks and so on. It makes for a long day but the room is not empty for even a light cycle.

Heres some pics of the current group with 3.5 to 4 weeks left to go. They received their peak feeding on tuesday and will be getting a bit less for the next two weeks and then a week or so on plain water and molasses.

As for the next run these are the transplanted cuts from the current crop, rooting and getting ready to be topped. Mixed in with those are 6 each White Russian and Motivation from seed. These have all been topped as they hit their third node. Still a ways off from showing sex naturally---lets keep the fingers crossed for lots of girls.

See ya next week

Caljim :joint:

caljim

Veteran
For some reason the change in their diet this run compared to others is making them look like they are going to run long so they got another prety hot feeding. These are pics from day 42 of flower and with a good flush they will be comming down around day 63. This should give about a 85/15 split between cloudy and amber trichromes.

Heres some pics--see ya next week :kos:

Y

YwouldntI

i'll stay around for awhile if theres still room,i see very sticky scizzors in the future 4 you.;)

caljim

Veteran
Shutterbug, YwouldntI. Plenty of room for everybody, the shows almost over, but the best parts are yet to come.

The new feed schedual is throwing me and the plants a bit off track. I started using PBP bloom and Lk this round in addition to my hot soil mix.

The pistals at 48 days of flower would normally be starting to turn red and I would start to watch the trichs expecting about 50/50 clear to cloudy around day 56 or so.

This run they are still all most completely white still and the tops started to push new growth and some odd leaves, kind of like a second strecth.

Checked for light leaks and proper light schedual--all ok. The plants still all look dank, and i dont mind a few more days of flower. I've grown this strain out a bunch of times, but this round has had the heaviest feed, and the most dialed environment out of any of the runs.

A pictures orth a 1000 words, I will post some up after lights on tonight to see if anybodys seen anything like this before.

Till then, caljim

guineapig

Veteran
Nice job all around, very uniform growth......

I think i know what you're talking about.....i call that kind of growth "flowers on top of flowers".....popping out from a crystally cola, you will find a strange outgrowth of white, not-so-crystally flower parts.....very tiny "proto-leaflets" and calyxes which don't look quite as crystally as the original cola from whence it sprung.....

(does that make sense?) :abduct:

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

G

Caljim - I'm a pbp guy too. Your extended flowering could be a ph issue. I have found that the ph of pbp and lk to be very acidic. I forgot to check once and they threw new pistils and were pushed back a week, just like you described. Makes me think that the lower ph caused new "vegetative" growth?

I use ph up or barricade to bring the ph up to proper levels.

I am super impressed by your grow show!!! Where did you get those kick ass trays you've got the maxipots in? I had to build my own to fit 16 under a 600 / 1000.

caljim

Veteran
Inc0gnit0--Thanks for the complements, it is a labor of love for me.

Guineapig--Your description is spot on. At least I think it is. To me it looks like a plant that is trying to reveg. Heres a couple pics of whats going on:

Strainwhore--Just switched to PBP and LK from AN's Mother earth teas' , B-52, and a hot soil mix.

Talk about low ph--Pbp, Lk and Big bud together drop those numbers like a
stone. Potassium silicate brings it right back to 6.3 or so. I've got to admit that for this growthe tri-meter stayed in storage and i have been using a simple ph test kit (add three drops of product to a sample of your solution, shake and compare to the chart). It is kind of hookey, but there has not been a ph problem for many a run.

However, they did recieve one heavy feeding more than they probably should have. The odd growth pattern started to show right after that feed.

They are on plain phed water with just a shot of molasses for the rest of the run. Hope they wont be delayed to long---These ladies and their siblings, not to mention the White russians and Motivation (both from seed) are starting to get kind of tight in their pots.

The Trays---came from some yard sale dog kennels, just so happens that they fit 12 of those 3gal pots perfectly. :D I will be making a few new trays to sit under the extra lights for the next round.

Thanks for stopping in everyone---lets all send some "finnishing" vibes to my ladies. They need to get cut so their offspring can prosper---and oh yeah i'm getting a little low on smoke--so lets get done! :joint:

caljim

Veteran
Ok, so it looks like my timer got bumped and was kicking the lights on for about 45 min in the middle of their dark cycle, which seems to have been enoughto make them want to reveg, or at least throw off some funky single bladed stretchy top growth----ARRRGH! (Thats me screeming inside my head).

What a f@ck up.

Any how, fixed the timer and just going to let them do their thing.

A hard lesson to learn for sure---I've got a stack of clones and high priced seeds busting out of their pots just waiting to get into the flower room.

Keep your fingers crossed that these ladies will go back to full on flower and finnish off quick.

Anybody have any experience with a situation simmilar to this?

I've never had that happen, but I would give them an extra dark hour (from 12/12 to 11/13) to encourage the flowering hormone. You may get some herms ... I always end up wit one out of my crappy bag seeds. I just clip the balls OUCH! :puppydoge and keep rolling. Just an idea. Oh, and your bagsie plants look a lot better than mine in the past. K+ m8 and good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts