What's new

grocery bags? effeciency?

nomaad

Veteran
Ace Hardware is my regular source for 1/2 Gallon Mason Jars.

I have the drying room at 40% humidity... my buds are DENSE. I just took stuff that had been on the lines with mad airflow and humidity control... I put them from the line into 35 gallon totes, still on the stem. Within five minutes of being in the totes the moisture from the stems started wicking out into the buds and what had once been crunchy and ready for the bag were now needing more attention. I stood all the branches upright in the totes and left the tops off. otherwise there would have been too much moisture in the sealed totes... shit would have begun to compost.

I think that, if I wanted to hurry things up, i need to take the buds off of the main stems, because they just refuse to give up moisture as fast as the buds. As soon as they are no longer in the open air dry environment, they really start to transfer the stem moisture into the buds.

unfortunately, they were out of drying racks by the time i got to the hydro shop and they said that they were back ordered and would probably not see any more this season... boo. i'd love to have one person busting nugs off stems and throwing them into the drying racks... they'd be good to go in one more day.

regardless, the trimmers are going to trim them... they will sit in the cardbnoard boxes or paper bags for about 24 hours before they'll be dry enough for the turkey bags.

Unfourtunately I have to dry outdoors with the humidity changing through out the day. I have to manipulate the drying process frequently to get a good finished product. A bid pain since it's 2 hours away from my home. I can watch the weather in the area on line and make an emergency trip if need be. I don't like to be away from them longer than 2 days 3 max durring the drying process. I think I have it dialed in after a few years of practice. I used to do it here at home but my quanity has changed and I had to stop the skunk from running around the neiborhood.

baet

ive never had buds dry in less than a week, i have outdoor branches hanging, in a garage, and i dont likee to put fans blowing directly on them. if i put fans directly on them theyd be dryer much faster... also leaving the leafs and fan leafs makes my drying much slower.

boston-sounds like my buds are similar to yours when i put them into bags, they will probably need a few days to finish drying, partially dry but still moist on the inside but crispy on the outside. i filled 4 jars today. that was 2 out of 56 grocery bags, so most still needs 1-3 days..

nomaad-thanks for a location for those big masons. not shitting you, i went to raleys(grocery),winco(grocery), target, walmart, bed bath and beyond, big lots, and lowes. fuck! biggest mason jars they had were the quart size wide mouth 12pack, which i bought at winco for $8, compared to the $9 at walmart, and $13 at raleys! i have a huge 1/2 gallon(i thikn thats the size of it) jar that has the orange rubber seal and the metal clamp to close it down, used to be able to get em everywhere, now no where...

nomaad

Veteran
try calling around before going to that many places. your time is valuable.

if you were to put a fan directly on the side of the paper bags, I bet it would help immensely without blowing on your buds, which I assume you are trying to keep frosty? I have a lot of bud (first, smaller round) is about 20lbs... and I have a lot of fans for airflow... so its inevitable that there will be some direct blow on the buds.

dehumidifiers rock. i am pulling 5 gallons of moisture out of there every day.

Longhair

Turkey Bags

Turkey Bags

Hello,
What Are Turkey Bags? Are They The Oven Cooking Bags, Zip Lock Bags, Or?

Turkey Bag=My Best Friend's Wife!

Thank You
Longhair

nomaad

Veteran
they are for cooking turkeys in the oven. reynolds makes them. google is your friend.

010900005104.jpg

Longhair

they are for cooking turkeys in the oven. reynolds makes them. google is your friend.

010900005104.jpg

Hello,
Thats What I Thought. Now For Another Stupid Question. Is There A Special Way Of Sealing The Bag So It Can Be Burped?
Thank You
Longhair

nomaad

Veteran
I have seen people twist up the excess very tight and then put a twist tie on, then double back the twisted up bag excess and twist it into the same zip tie. if that makes sense.