What's new

grinding vs breaking up bud

mtbazz

which do you prefer and why?

I personally prefer to keep my buds whole and break them up into smaller pieces for smoking...

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Holding the base of the stem and using a scissor to cut it up. Fingertips touching bud = bad. Imo grinders break it up too much and create a consistency that smokes too quickly in pipes. For rolling, grinders, by all means. I cut it up into rough chunks then pack them trying to touch the materialmas little as possible for pipes.

SetHeh

I do the same as Crooked8. Scissors for pipes and vaporizer (I cut buds up inside the vaporizer bowl, it works great). Grinder for joints.

Lucky 7

Exactly, grinder for joints, but like to keep whole buds for vaping. Love to break up buds & smell the turpines before they enter the Holy Bowl.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
yah I hate grinders unless its a time thing always use snips ,or in a pinch my crusty ol' fingers, but If i toss u a chunk to twist , and you throw it in your grinder, you will prob hear about it !

TS

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grinder and if they ever invent an electric smart grinder so that my old hands can just press a button and grind away, I'll get one

T

TribalSeeds

I go through way too much herb to do this shit by hand.
I would need to hire someone to do it for me and someone to keep the scossirs clean.
My fingers hurt just thinking of the days before I had a grinder

W

willyweed

i have never owned a grinder(greedy grinder) , but do suffer by rubbing a bit of thc in my eyes now and then,every time i do, i wish i had one! lol
one day maybe .with the big multi layer grinders you do seem to have to touch the weed from time to time ,so who knows which is best ?

bigshrimp

Veteran
Grinder all the way its such a hassle to break up sticky and dense nugs.

Pretty much smoke joints so im not about to pick it apart calyx but calyx everytime i want to puff.

kaochiu

Veteran
Plastic grinders, cheapest version, sometimes given away as publicity, are best. Using the same one over and over improves its grinding quality up to supersmooth grind experience. Don't clean it either, as the build up of resin will give the teeth a resin varnish and you'll technically will be breaking bud with bud. It's the AK47 of grinders.

Attachments

• plasticgrinder.jpg
    plasticgrinder.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 9
G

gloryoskie

Plastic grinders, cheapest version, sometimes given away as publicity, are best. Using the same one over and over improves its grinding quality up to supersmooth grind experience. Don't clean it either, as the build up of resin will give the teeth a resin varnish and you'll technically will be breaking bud with bud. It's the AK47 of grinders.

Well, I never! I have some of these collecting dust.
I will give one a try!

Chillb

which do you prefer and why?

Fingernail type scissors works best for me. Why? ... They are super easy to clean, and I don't lose trichomes as much as with my fingers. Never have used a grinder, but I have heard complaints that my nugs just stick to it lol.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^that happened to me in amsterdam just not in my bowl, in a joint. Def saw it before closing her up tho so it was all good

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Fingers for any small amount
Fiskars and shot glass for bigger amounts quickly.
Used to use grinders once in a while but don't feel the need anymore.

Latest posts

Latest posts