What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gregger's 3kW Bubba and OG Kush Aeroponics Gen 5 Attic Grow

gregger

:wave: Hey Guys!

I am relatively new to ICMAG. I started posting here to take my grow to the next level and also help others in the process. I really enjoy the warm positive vibe here and thank you all of you who have helped me thus far.

This is my first grow diary and all feedback is welcome. Like most of you I am trying to grow the best buds in the solar system. :rasta:

Flower Room - Attic 16' Length X 6' Width X 9' Height.

Vegging Room - Half of my clones were taken using 1.5" rockwool cubes. I acquired a Botanicare 165 site cloner that cloned the rest. The mature clones were vegged for a month on (2) 1.5' X 2.5' Ebb and Flow tables under (3) T8 fluorescents.

Lighting - (5) 600 watt digital ballast with HPS bulbs for first 6 weeks of flowering and (3) 1k magnetic ballast for the last 4 weeks for super large buds.

Ventilation and CO2 - Intake: (1) 6" EcoPlus Centrifugal Fan 440 cfm and (1) 8" EcoPlus Centrifugal Fan 740 cfm. Both are controlled by a thermostat set to 72 degrees.
Intake:

Thermostat:

Exhaust: (1) 6" Vortex inline fan 449 cfm to cool the 5 air-cooled hoods. Set to be on all the time.
Exhaust:

CO2: (1) Green Air CD-36 Natural Gas CO2 generator set to 15 minutes on every 2 hours for a total of 6 times on during the lights on 12 hour cycle.

Aeroponics System - (2) General Hydroponics 60 site AeroFlo2 joined to make a single 120 site system. However, I am only running 8 chambers for 80 ladies. There is a 1/10 hp Pacific Coast CL-280 chiller to keep the 120 system at a comfortable 68 degrees.

The Chiller:

(1) General Hydroponics 36 site AeroFlo2, which carry my 36 runts. I am using a 6" fan to blow through the access hatch in order to cool this system. It fluctuates between 68-74 degrees.

Nutrients, Additives, and Water - Base Nutrients: House and Garden (Zan De Zwaan) Aqua Flakes A&B. First 3 weeks of flower: House and Garden Multi Enzym. Last 5 weeks of flower, I will be using House and Garden Top Booster and Bud XL. During my entire grow I will be using Hydroguard and Mosquito Bits to keep my system free of bad pathogens and gnats. I have a 100 gpd reverse osmosis machine with 2 DI filters to give the ladies clean drinking water.
Aqua Flakes and Hydroguard:

Additives:

Reverse Osmosis Machine:

Strains - The two strains I am growing are OG and Bubba kush. It appears from my flower pics that my Bubba is a cross with either Erkle or GDP. Every system has an even proportion of OG and Bubba growing, for 58 OG and 58 Bubba.
Bubba Cross:

OG Kush:

Mother Room - I just have a 400 watt magnetic hps system with full grown (3) OG mothers and (1) Bubba mom under it. There is GDP, Cat Piss, Cherry AK, and Super Silver Haze in their infancy. There

Last edited:

gregger

slips said:
nice set up :), how long have u had to tune it in?

I would not go as far as to say I have it tuned in, but this is my third run on the system. I went straight from soil to aero... very painful as a beginner. My first was a failure, but I learned and got a chiller :badday: . The second pass took 4 months. Now with some experience and the web, it is time for the best smoke of my life :joint:

Last edited:

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
very nice attick i take it where you live it's cold year round, where i live the attick prolly gets 150 degrees by 10am during summer. question though ya say you start flower with 600w then switch to 1k during last month why not the 1k the whole flower cycle. you could prolly achieve 15-20% more yield by doing so

gregger

Maj.PotHead said:
very nice attick i take it where you live it's cold year round, where i live the attick prolly gets 150 degrees by 10am during summer. question though ya say you start flower with 600w then switch to 1k during last month why not the 1k the whole flower cycle. you could prolly achieve 15-20% more yield by doing so

Hey Maj.PotHead :wave:, thanks for being the guardian angle or dragon as it seems that looks over my magical garden. My plan is to have the canopy thicken and form a single top. My rational is that they are thinned out and are not even using all of the 5 600 watts. I am not getting how starting with the 1k make the yield difference if they are not already one canopy?

Maj.PotHead

Mentor
Veteran
wouldnt the 3 x 1k hps have better penertration of light and use less energy then 5 x 600w hps. i have a bubba white mustang cross it didnt stretch very much and not much side branching. i just planted some abussive og kush x white mustang and was told to expect crazy stretch with the abussive. you may not wind up with a even canopy because of your og kush them bubbas make a sweet sea of green plant

gregger

Maj.PotHead - When the canopy thickens I just replace the bulbs in 3 of the air cooled hoods to 1k HPS and plug those sockets into the 1k ballast. It is very easy because all my ballast have universal sockets. Then my setup is at 4200 watts :D. My only problem then is that the 6" Vortex is not enough to cool all those watts :puppydoge and I am adverse to putting any holes in my roof.

Ray - Thanks. I just have a 15 minute timer and did not think $600 for the controller was worth it?

Last edited:

Germanator

I'm thinking that with the genetics in your attick you are not in a cold climate? I remember seeing a post years ago on OG from an attick grower. It was taken from outside his house, down the street at the end of the years first snow fall...and guess what NO SNOW on his roof !!!! Next post was of him insulating a room within the attick so that the snow didn't melt on contact.

Very nice setup you have going...I admire the stealth of your project. How difficult is it getting water up there?Will you shut the place down during the summer or run AC 24 hours a day?

Best of luck in your garden,

Germ

gregger said:
Ray - Thanks. I just have a 15 minute timer and did not think $600 for the controller was worth it?

I cant tell from personal experience if there is a difference in using timer or controler. Lots of people on icm and iirc on og were sayin that there is little or no effect if your co2 level is droping and rising more than 200ppm... so I went directly for controler and I centarly reccomend it.

Ray

gregger

Germ - Thanks, I have to take a picture for you of the entrance to my garden because it is only 13" x 30". A pain in the ass to constantly go through, but then again yours must not be that much better. The hardest part about the water was feeding a garden hose through the thin walls in my house and also that I am not a plumber. How can you tell by my genetics I am not in a cold climate? Because I am not in a cold climate.

Ray - Dam Ray, I think you r trying to tell me that my $500 CO2 generator and $15 a month gas bill is all a waist. Do you have any links on the 200 ppm fluctuation statement, because my CO2 system is far from scientific. I truly feel that this is an area of my grow that I can improve on... hopefully in a cheap manner.

Maj.PotHead

Mentor
Veteran
right on bro very tight indeed

I am adverse to putting any holes in my roof. possible solution every attick has soffets to allow for air circulation in and through the attick. maybe pipe the exhaust to 1 of them vents most houses have 2 large 1 @ each end of home and a few smaller every 10 ft or so around the house, look under the eve {overhang} of the roof you'll see em. i'm surprised ya dont see light bleeding through them at night lol

Germanator

Don't complain to me about entrances brother! HAHA no, seriously I must have the most ridiculously difficult garden to water on ICMAG. There should be a prize for that.

I guess it was a lucky guess. I mean OG bubba X either Erkle or GDP (I mean these are all clone only)...and then the rest of the genetics listed aren't exacly easy to find in seed form either. So that puts you in a certain region...unless you are very resourceful and have a lot of friends around my area...who knows, who cares just babel.

I'll be watching this one...best of luck.

Germ

gregger

Hey guys :wave: ! The ladies have been growing a lot. I have added individual site covers to reduce the light leaks into the grow chambers. However, I need help on two issues:

1. My pH is constantly rising. I set it at 5.8 and it climbs to 6.3 in a day. What could be causing this?

2. Some of my new growth is mutated and has weird leaf formation. I think this is due to the ladies revegging or could it be something else?

Please enjoy the new pictures :joint:

Look how much they have grown

OG Crop

Bubba Crop

The Runts

New deformed growth

This one is for you Germ

G

nice setup man... in the future i was think'n about steping it up to the same system your run'n, so i'll stay tuned. have you formed any opinions about the aero system yet? . keep up the good work , peace.

G

wow my friend!!! that is reallllly impressive imho! Just the amount of time alone you put into that setup is honorable!!!

BF
:rasta:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Nice grow mate, I like those aeroflo's and I see you have your res temps in check with the chilller. SHould be some nice bud pics to come with th e OG's & Bubba's being in there :rasta:

and I am adverse to putting any holes in my roof.

Where do you exhaust the hot air now? Do you have a small gap between the roof and bricks of your house?

gregger

I exhaust through a 6" disconnected heat vent. But do u know the answer to any of the problems I am having in my last post?

Last edited:

gregger

gregger said:
Hey guys :wave: ! The ladies have been growing a lot. I have added individual site covers to reduce the light leaks into the grow chambers. However, I need help on two issues:

1. My pH is constantly rising. I set it at 5.8 and it climbs to 6.3 in a day. What could be causing this?

2. Some of my new growth is mutated and has weird leaf formation. I think this is due to the ladies revegging or could it be something else?

Please enjoy the new pictures :joint:

Look how much they have grown

OG Crop

Bubba Crop

The Runts

New deformed growth

This one is for you Germ

I have light proofed my room. Does anyone know why I am getting these weird growths?