What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenhouse hydro grow #1

Hydrophile

A2A8578B-DE58-448F-9435-41C4C6A1936F.jpeg
C11A7706-A4A8-409A-B1C5-8F009D53553A.jpeg

Hydrophile

Check my diy greenhouse thread. Its stickied. I wish i knew of hand what pages. It goes into how to build one. If you look on YouTube, some company will have videos.
Not very complicated. Couple of rolling bars like people do automated roll up sidewall vents.
The quality is usually better because you are flowering earlier when the weather is better and more uv. Depp and indoor overlap in quality. Not always. But usually
What size tubing do you use for your diy stuff? 1-1/2 OD? What wall thickness?

CrushnYuba

For the rolling bars are just regular old 1 3/8 fence top rail. I wanna say it's like 16 guage? There are a few different guages out there. It's swagged so each length nests into the next without couplers. Couplers get floppy.

If it's something r interested in, you can find instructional videos on YouTube. All rolling systems are pretty much the same. It would be super easy and cheap to do yours. I could do one like yours in an afternoon easily. Usually the biggest cost is plastic. Smaller houses don't need much plastic and they just go up easy.

Only issue i see with yours, is you have your endwalls open instead of sides. You would have to change that. Would only take an extra hour or so Your endwalls need to stay blacked out. Depending how it's oriented u can lose a little sun. It's usually not much though because mid summer the sun is directly overhead for a long time.
You can always pm me if you want to know more. It was new when i started that thread but now it's so common. I would say about 50% of all greenhouse growers use that system. 40% still pull tarp by hand. 8% use an alternative system like rack and pinion. MAYBE 2% use natural light cycle without blacking out. Probably less.