What's new

Greenhouse Cheese

Hey everyone, i recently received the new Cheese from greenhouse seeds, i figured it would be interesting to see if it stands a match to the original cut...I was just wondering if anyone else is doing the same, and if so i'd love to compare results. I also have the new trainwrecks for a test next go-around.

My babies are around eleven days old, and can be seen in my thread in the micro grow forum.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=1455226#post1455226

Last edited:

Dkgrower

Veteran
I will tag along - i guess that there will be some differnce to the clone but how much is going to be intersting

Definitely, some pictures of cheese i've seen look very sativa....some look very indica....who knows what this one will look like....and also if there are different pheno types.

Last edited:

pseudostelariae

awesome, i'll definitely be watching. it looks like i will be starting mine about a month behind yours so it will be interesting to see how yours go. good luck!

G

Good luck with your Cheese man, It should look just like Skunk #1 i.e. a sativa dom hybrid, although GHS used the big Buddha Cheese (Cheese x Afghan) so you could see some more indica leaning ladies.

This is the Cheese pheno of the Purple Afghan x Cheese cross I made, as you can see, looks pretty sativa:

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

This is a freshly trimmed Cheese bud from my last Cheese run:

DSCF0055.jpg

DSCF0056.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

Looks awesome, seems like all the true cheese looks like the last pictures you posted, not the hybrid obviously. It sort of boggles my mind that they say the cheese won indica high times in 2006, while all picture and reports of true cheese are very sativa.... :bashhead: the big buddah version is crossed with afghan, and one of my babies looks like it has fatter tighter formation of leaves.

this one seems more skinny leafs, more open/airy

while this one is the tighter formed baby.

pseudostelariae

hmm i guess i should have researched the cheese before getting the seeds based on an indica cup win. my closet only provides about 3' of growth space so i chose that strain hoping it would be a tight indica to grow alongside dp's master kush and arjans haze3. hopefully theres some stocky indica phenos available so i don't have to worry about tying plants down ha.
awesome start on those plants! keep up the good work :joint:

there may be some indica phenos, and although the cannabis cup says it won for indica, alot of its pictures look sativa. Either way, your arjans has 80% sativa anyways....i have those seeds also. the proper training/LST can keep your sativas height at a minimum. Search for the LST technique where you bend the entire stem around the pot in a circle. you'll have fine results if you flip to 12/12 at your desired height.

pseudostelariae

Dr Herbivore said:
there may be some indica phenos, and although the cannabis cup says it won for indica, alot of its pictures look sativa. Either way, your arjans has 80% sativa anyways....i have those seeds also. the proper training/LST can keep your sativas height at a minimum. Search for the LST technique where you bend the entire stem around the pot in a circle. you'll have fine results if you flip to 12/12 at your desired height.

yea, the arjans haze was pleasant grow, though it didn't stretch as much as i anticipated. i vegged until 18inches and they look like they will finish at about 30. i am hoping that the cheese doesn't stretch too much, though i suppose i could try tying it down if necessary.
here's some lst'd strawberry cough i just harvested, hope you don't mind

:joint:

was it truely dense, not airy buds though? The strawberry cough has been LST'd very nicely, if that is yours awesome job on it. The structure of the Arjans is supposed to look similar to that, and i would do a LST circle with the main stem to promote an even canopy of buds in a nice circular fashion that that cough. UPDATES TOMORROW!

Havent updated in a while on this area of the forum, but heres all the pictures of them so far. I had a few problems with the droopy plant, and then similar ones with the other good one, so i'm left with one nice one, but here are the pics

also started a trainwreck in absense of the other cheese.