What's new

Greendrumb's pc grow log :)

:jump: Kiaora !:jump:

Welcome fellow growers, like minded ninja growers and all you tokers having a browse!

Ive been a long ( very long ! ) browers of icmag, and have finally decided to start my own grow log.
My previous grow experience has been enlightening ! I first started growing with a cfl setup in a wardrobe in my first flat, just one plant in a DWC with a string of cfls, it never reached maturity, but made some great oil ! i wish i had some photos of that one, it was more like a pet than a plant. MY next attempt was a group effort with some mates and resulted in a 400 watt cabb setup with a 6 plant dwc, cant remember the species but were started from seed and were lemon x sour diesal, i totally wish i had some of those seeds still, amzing pheno, but again this attempt was aborted because of a scare of getting caught ! in hindsight it would have been fine leaving it, but meh, can never be to cautious thats my motto ! :asskick:
Then came the stealth speaker, oh what a thing of beuty! she produced a wicked top 44 scrog, and a couple low ryders in her life time, i consider the speaker box my greatest grow, not because of yield but due to its amazing stealth, simplicity and success. when you have a grow hiding behind a chair and have a policeman sit on the chair for a hour you know yourve won ! :rasta: :muahaha:
RIght rambling on, i think it helps to know the past and i want this to be my official grow diary/rant space :bashhead:
OK, the next progression was a big beast 400 cab ( biggest yeild 1.8 ounce a plant i think ) followd by a 250 watt cab ( my cleanest build, ran so smooth very good yeild).

Ok Photo time !

Dammit having issues uploading my photos, ive put them all in my gallery but cant post them for some reason.. AHh !

Ok ill try this again ! lol Thanks for the helpful hints !

My best 400 watt cab attempt ( see the nice big gap for the missing scrubber lol )

My old 250 cab, ran so smooth, wish i could still use it!

sweet, pics are up all good ! as we know story's are nothing without some sweet illustrations!

My stealth speaker ! my first love affair with growing things in small cramped spots ! I scroged/lstd a top 44 in there, i learnt alot about controlln my plants growth, shame i never got around to putting a glass sheet in there, cos it was running a 100 wat hps and the buds would have been much larger with a shield from the lights heat. I had no scrubber for this but had 100% no smell by directly venting through some duct and then through a hole i cut in the floor and pumping the funky odors under the house.

Right time to show some pics of the current build, If you could somehow class the danger situation for me to grow at the moment it would be off the scale, ive built this grow very slowly over the month, buying bits and pieces when on other errands and putting bits together at night time when the rest of the house is asleep. I probably shouldn't grow at the moment cos im in transition and have to stay with family, but i just couldn't get the idea out of my head ! :bashhead:
Also i haven't had a toke in over 4 months ! so the goal is to grow some bud, im not after a huge amount cos i cant really smoke at moment , but on those rare occasions when the mood strikes , nothing compares to topping off the day with a toot ! :joint:
First !
The carbon filter , as people like seeing carbon filter setups.

1. Making the largest net, from some wiremesh i got from some junk from a home depot store. note the screw lid form a container, pretty standard thinking here lol

2.Other end on a 80mm fan, 30 cfm i think

3. a good picture of the size

4. filling her up with activated carbon from the pet store, about 1-2cm thick between the nets. i then covered it up with black nylon stocken.

*********** The case*************

here is the back of the case, i put all the computer bits into the holes glued em in and covered with lots of glue and black tape to stop light leak, also i need to make a better reflector, at the moment i have a cardboard / mylar made one that keeps losing shape.

I setup a 4 plug multi point power strip in the utility area, and connected it to the pc's power supply input, was a real hassle taking the power supply apart with my hands and trying to keep its shape and not make to much noise lol.
I forgot to mention its running a 45 watt 6500k cfl and a 23 watt 2700k cfl, here where i live i cant get 2700k cfls above 23 watts :( , but the light is a nice mix of the both i like it.

lol cheers bro i do, Dangly crossed some NZ strain Orange roughy with a good strain of mighty mite. Its going to be exciting to see what happens dude! I planted up 7 of them, going to look for the ones expressing more of a indica look about em.

Slughorn

Nice work with the comp shell.
My isn't looking that good at all!
The connections broke when I tried to pry them away from the motherboard. ;)
Anyway, good luck!

cheers bro, its really a lot of work wiggling and to ripn em of the mo board nice and clean. but its worth it for the camoflage !
Hope those plants of yours are doing good :)

Heres a wee diagram about what i did with the connectors, i got a heavy (sharp) knife and scored a line down the mother board, this takes a while and i was surprised just how tough motherboards can be ! AFter scoring a deep line, it comes down to brute strength and possibly some wire cutters, its hard cos the connectors are very close to one another and heaps of other fiddly little bits, i wiggled and snapped most of them off the mother board, then tried to trim as much of the mother board of the ends of the connectors as possible. I then held them in the right holes and put little dabs of hot glue around them while i held them in spot with one hand, this makes sure they stay in place / look right. After they are in the right place with hot glue i then used another harder glue that is light proof and molded it over the components, this stuff took 24 hours to dry and afterwards it effectively sealed up all the little gaps between the connectors and the case, and helped a lot with the light leak, i also did the same for a pci slot with a old 56 k modem. After wards everything was held in real good but there was still alot of little leaks, so i bought a massive roll of black insulation tape and taped over the whole back area, this was perfect for light proofing and sealing it all up, i also used the black tap method for a lot of the case.

Stickyleaf , Thanks for the comments :)

Vol Funk, the lights i hooked up with the other end of the 4-plug power strip, as it had the plug on one end and a nice long piece of wire. the 45 watt cfl is in a mogul (screw) base that i liberated from a 5$ downlight :headbange It was pretty easy to rig the mogul and the little batten fitting ( for the 23 watt cfl) in a series, if you want more info i can take a closer photo for you laters.

**~update~** 8 march

A few photos :dance:

Looking down on the upper compartment, the lights are sitting on the glass shield, its hard to see but at the base of the lights , at the end of the carbon filter is a 1 1/2 inch gap where the air is sucked through from the grow chamber.

Another angle shot on the upper area , without the light reflector.

the seeds are planted ! been in the soil for a few days now, i should have used the old paper towel trick but i was hasty :bashhead: My wee friend in there is a avid gardener, and has spent a lot of time trying to be helpful on all my grows, digging around in the dirt, sampling the leaves and usually gets the first toke too :canabis:

Oh forgot to mention the temps, I have a indoor outdoor digital thermo in there , the grow areas temperature max is 25.3 degrees C, min 15.2 degree C.