What's new

green_thumbs boom boom room

green_thumbs boom boom room

• Total voters

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
So let me get your guys thoughts on this, im limited on power at the moment and can either run 2k solid on no flip or flip 2k and have a 600w in between on solid?

I'd go with the straight 2KW personally... other way sounds complicated and confusing to the plants.

You a Ducks fan? :)

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Yeah I was leaning towards 2k solid for simplicity.

And im not huge on athletic sports, but I can get into games here and there if theyre good.

Im a motorsports kinda guy,gearhead from birth and naturally into fabricating and making things go fast or deep into the woods.

green_thumb...

Veteran
Hey, whoevers checkin this thread out.

Im stuck on wanting to go vert but should I convert my current set up and plants to vert? If so how would you do it?

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Bulb is already vertical right? Easiest thing to do would arrange the plants in a circular shape around the bulb. Looks like you have too many plants for that though.

Therefore, I say simple stadium.

green_thumb...

Veteran
Hmm stadium ehh. Sounds simple. Do I trim the plants to be flat on the back side or rotate them every day a little?

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Hmm stadium ehh. Sounds simple. Do I trim the plants to be flat on the back side or rotate them every day a little?

Its a little tough now since your plants are already large. Usually one would run a vertical trellis in front of the stadium seats and fill that with the branches, but its a little late to be training your plants to do that now. I would just throw them on a simple two level stadium and pay close attention to them. They will grow towards the light either way, but yes you may end up needing to defoliate some of the back portion if its not getting adequate light. Nothing wrong with cleaning them up though, you'll minimize your larf in the end.

Good luck

green_thumb...

Veteran
Heres a bud from my outdoor this year
20131102_165130.jpg

Also I think I have a plan.

Ive hit the vert section hard yesterday and thismorning amd I think I have a worthy plan, let me know what you guys think.
20131103_120749.jpg

Cut down to 11 plants and build vert screens 1.5ft wide x 4ft tall and run em as close to the 3 walls and dangle the 2k like in the pic but more spread out than on the pic,maybe add the 600 in the middle,I was rushing to jot down what flashed in my head.

green_thumb...

Veteran
Ok so I started the conversion.

The plan is to hang some netting along the entire back wall and curve it in the corners to to the sides 4feet or so then adopt the screen stand I seen on MrAwders thread like this
picture-5.jpg

Thats from MrAwders thread not mine.

I'll make the non walled side on the canopy modular so I can still get to the back and sides.

Heresbsomebpics of progress so far, if everywhere wasnt closed here I would have went and gotten another bare bulb socked and a t for ventilation, I also plan to make a fanned filtered hole in the floor for up draft.

20131103_162722.jpg

20131103_162653.jpg

20131103_162648.jpg

20131103_162643.jpg

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great show GT... Nice layout you got going with a ton of great flavors to boot...Solid...
Looks like you have done your home work
and see a great show in the making....:respect:

Rock on and do your thing...

Lurking...:lurk:

Last edited:

green_thumb...

Veteran
Great show GT... Nice layout you got going with a ton of great flavors to boot...Solid...
Looks like you have done your home work
and see a great show in the making....:respect:

Rock on and do your thing...

Lurking...:lurk:

Hey thanks man! Im tryin, on a low budget too.

green_thumb...

Veteran
Well the ladies are lovin the naked bulb, those dirty girls.

Tomorrow im gonna grab 2x8" to 6" reducers for the light sockets, I cant remember who did it in the vert section but it was a great idea to use the reducers for a ducted vert fixture ny mounting the light socket in the 8" part and run 6" ducting.

I plan to do that to both and run a 6x6x6 Y piece to pull from the lamps and go outside amd since my room is really sealed im gonna cut some 4" ports in the floor and run stretchable hard duct just under the bulb so I can adjust it as the bulbs go up.

In the future the holes will get plugged and the room will be fully sealed and a 8" icebox will be used to cool the room so I can run fully sealed and Co2.

Anywho heres a pic from today of the bare bulb side.
20131103_204913.jpg

The other side is cooltubed (I know horrible) but I have a socket to eleminate that
20131103_204930.jpg

More to come as I'll also be getting the netting to start the wall scrogg amd the pvc to make the scrogg stands too.

Lots to come...

toastfighter2

I was just about to post up that you should look into what marlo did with his vert grows, but what you found looks almost identical. Either way there are some really good ideas in his threadMARLO's 2011 WINTER VERTICAL. Nice work with the shed btw, I have been thinking about one for awhile, but I am leaning more towards a tow behind trailor.

green_thumb...

Veteran
Hey thanks for the kind words fellas!

I was able to get a few things today but 3 places didnt have a 6x6x6 Y so im gonna have to wait on my cooling til tomorrow I hope when I try every other place in this small small town.

More to come...

green_thumb...

Veteran
Well got the walls screen up
20131106_093518.jpg

20131106_093521.jpg

Got one tucked
20131106_094337.jpg

I ran into a snag, the larger plants wont tuck it keeps pulling out of the screen, would zipties be too harsh on the stems?

Latest posts

Latest posts