What's new

Green Haze x Panama

bigherb

Veteran
LG

Those plants are amazing

I love the look of both hybrids , I'm curious which did you like more and how they differ ?

I'd also love to hear smoke reports on taste aromas effects

1luvbigherb

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds interesting Lean Green,

I have tons of respect and sympathy for Tom and his indica lines.
It's hard to find nowadays such quality pure/'non hybridized' indica lines.

I grew PTK, Deep Chunk and X18 outdoors many years ago from seed and clones, but had little to try: all his indica plants were small yielders and all the plants rotten terribly with just a bit of moisture in the air.
That's why i finally discarded them for any breeding project or for personal use. X18 had a bit better mold resistance.
But to be honest, the quality of the few healthy flowers that i had the chance to harvest from his seeds was exceptional.

Best wishes for 2016! :)

I keep PTK and Deep Chunk stock in my seed stash. The only time I've tried to run the X18, there was a security scare and had to tear down my grow, just as they where vegged up and ready to flower. I've never tried to run them outdoors, so rot has never been too much of an issue. Made many hybrids with the PTK, but I've only tried growing a few of them. Never enough time or space it seems.
I have much respect and appreciation for Tom and the gifts he bestowed upon the community in the form of his indicas and knowledge.

And a good year to you as well Dubi!:tiphat:

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
LG

Those plants are amazing

I love the look of both hybrids , I'm curious which did you like more and how they differ ?

I'd also love to hear smoke reports on taste aromas effects

1luvbigherb

Thanks bigherb!

I've given it some thought, and the compact plant from this run had a dreamy, more spaced out effect . The other larger plant grew like my preferred pheno from the second run of the originals, just leaned a little to much toward the Panama for my tastes. It still has that gotta get up and move high , with out the dreamy effect from the panama. The frost coverage wasn't there either this time and the incense tones where lower overall. Totally could have been a result of my not being able to keep the plant in prime health. Although I really liked the compact pheno.
I only flowered two, so take my evaluation with a grain of salt. The type I want could pop up in the next run of Panahaze. Looking forward to dropping a few more in the spring or summer. I'll try to hit them with F2 males from the original release

Ncali

Veteran
Hey green, great work.

I had a question thst you may have an answer for, or perhaps dubi will be kind enough to grace us. Would you know what haze parents were used in this most recent panhaze release vs older? Just picked up a Lil batch of new release, green haze seems like a very nice description of the effects I'm looking for...

Thanks for sharing your good works Lean Green, very impressive. Thank you!

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey green, great work.

I had a question thst you may have an answer for, or perhaps dubi will be kind enough to grace us. Would you know what haze parents were used in this most recent panhaze release vs older? Just picked up a Lil batch of new release, green haze seems like a very nice description of the effects I'm looking for...

Thanks for the kind words.
The Panahaze fems are made with the Green and Purple selected keepers pollinated with reversed Panama. The same two Haze mothers as the original release was made with ,if I'm not mistaken.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey green, great work.

Hi Ncali,

Panama Haze fem release remains with the same genetic make up.
It contains Green Haze 19 x Panama Goddess F10 and Purple Haze 23 x Panama Goddess F10. Hope it helps with your doubt.

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got a pair of the Panama Haze fems up and running. Pumped!!!!

picture.php

Bleiweis

Veteran
@Lean Green

maybe its a stupid question...but how do you transplant them out of those small containers without hurting the roots? Or is this hydro? :)

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Lean Green

maybe its a stupid question...but how do you transplant them out of those small containers without hurting the roots? Or is this hydro? :)

Hi Bleiweis!
Not a stupid question. You can grow healthy plants in much smaller amounts of media(coco) versus soil. Once they have a healthy amount of roots, just pinch the bottom of the cell and pull the stem, they slide right out with no damage or stress. Don't try it if they are too dry...coco shouldn't get dry though.
Actually those two girls have been moved to 16 oz. cups.
:tiphat:

Bleiweis

Veteran
Thanks a lot for the feeback Lean Green. I wanted to start my seedlings on the same platform as you (although my medium would be soil) but then i figured it would be really hard to transplant them. So now i have them in small cups made of peat- supposably i can transplant them directly into the soil with those cups. I'll see how it goes :)

Goodluck with your grow!

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Personally I would still remove them from the peat cups when it is time to transplant. If they are healthy and not over watered, the root system should be robust enough to handle being uprooted with no problem.

Good luck with your grow!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Got a pair of the Panama Haze fems up and running. Pumped!!!!

View Image

Hi Lean Green,

That's great! :) Glad to know you have started some Panama Haze fem, I think it will be very interesting to know your opinion about how the old regular release compares with the new feminized version :yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts