What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green harvest 2017

HiKillahz

Oh i thought either that or look for heat from grow lamps to bust indoor growers. Thanks for the info. It would be great to learn what kine techniques and technology green harvest uses so we know what to expect when they're around.

mushroombrew

Veteran
They can see the heat coming off the soil. Organic material stays warm in your pot/patch. So those fukas can see your grow in the evening.
They used to fly night choppers. Grids. When I lived BI. Then they watch the video later on.
So cover your pots. Or if in the ground put couple inches sand on top.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
They don't even need FLIR to see plants with how low they fly. I've flown my drone over my plants and budding plants are super obvious from a couple hundred feet up...there is just no other plants that grow with that same structure when viewed from above.
Don Shearer that owns Windward Aviation on Maui has been flying GH missions for a very long time, I'm sure he has a very good eye for it by now.

Wiimote

Although I'm not hearing or seeing green harvest copters yet today, the tour copters are still flying their modified route from the end of last week.

And... they never flew Hawaiian acres, at all.

Wiimote

And in my area of Hawaiian acres, they've done nothing but fly over to other spots.

I wonder if they're only checking registered and "known" spots...

SurfdOut

Veteran
Any updates? They landed on my buddys place on Oahu 2 weeks ago and 12 officers were at his gate too.

Just got a text they flying upper Puna.

HiKillahz

Just heard a chopper flying pretty low in Ocean View. He didn't stick around for long though. I couldn't see him but it didn't around like the regular tourist helicopter flight pattern, sounded too low.If he comes back I'll let you know.

RubbaDub

Any news for this year yet?

Two GH flyovers in South Kona in July. The first appears to have been a 'training' flight that coincided with a manhunt for a cop killer, so everyone was off their guard thinking they were helping local LEO.

They came again a week later, same three choppers. Spent quite a bit of time in my neck of the woods. Seems like they could do their counting in a matter of minutes, but they hung out for about 45 minutes.

I look forward to the day when GH is shut down in HI.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
They flew almost every island in July but spent the most time on the BI even though there was a cop killer on the run and lower puna is devastated from the lava and its fumes.

militia420

I don't know if there's a newer thread or not. I wanted to give a heads up that there were two choppers in close proximity that came from south to north across Kona Palisades around 5pm today. They didn't look like tourist choppers and I NEVER see choppers coming through here. It just doesn't happen. If there's a better thread, or a newer one, can someone link it, and also paste my comment to give others a heads up. I don't know if they're running operations but it would be good to have an update.