What's new

Greek Kalamata red IBL

greek_mystique

efharisto

efharisto

One of the most interesting threads for me to come across in 20 years and couldn't come at a more opportune period.

My father is from Kalyvia Sochas and I've spent some time looking into the growing in the region and for many years now, I have been wondering personally if any genetic material has survived in the Taygetos.

This is a validation of my personal feeling that something must still exist and I am feeling the Eureka moment passed down by dear archimedes.

I must thank you so much for your efforts in this area and I salute you.

It so happens this year, I am returning to Kalyvia with my father for a month at the end of august. I am sending a dm to you in the interest to meet for conversation, thank you very much for your time.

greek_mystique

Hello Delico,

I am leaving today to greece for one month. I will be close by to Sparti in yiayia's village. I was unable to pm you directly because my post count is too small.

I am bringing some small amount of seeds with me and would be interested to pass to you if you would like. Some nepali landrace, og kush hybrids (nl#5 and shiva skunk), bc grapefruit ibl and couple others.

Anyways if you are interested to meet and talk shop then please msg me here

jamstarfish at hotmail com

Thank you, all the best

Rembetis

Hello Delico,

I am leaving today to greece for one month. I will be close by to Sparti in yiayia's village. I was unable to pm you directly because my post count is too small.

Thank you, all the best

Re, Ti les? My family is from not too far north of Sparti in Memi

harvestreaper

Veteran
Kalamata red is far more close to NLD cannabis plants.
i've seen at least 5 phenotypes in the first generation seeds all with the same plant structure(sativa dominancy),stable abundance of trichomes and extremely penetrating hashy terpenes.
that strain could be so trippy and unforgettable thanks to the unique laugh attacking high that some phenos provide.
They are plants with long internodal spacing which in optimal condition they can reach up to 5-6 meters high,they show very high resistance on insects,molds and very hot/drought climates.
Kalamata red is a sativa looking plant with oldschool hashpant characteristics,yummy earthy terpenes, loads of trichomes and a gorgeous,motivating,energetic high.
your description reminds me very much of the weed i smoked in kalamata i need to pick a pack up ,,stumbled on the fact the greeks controlled Peshawar in pakistan on the afghan border ,pre islam , plenty of access to quality hash genetics there from way back

greek_mystique

I should also say to meet in person is not necessary. Of course, I would like to try the kalamata red but also I am totally fine with mailing the seeds to you while I'm here. I consider it a gift towards the time and effort necessary to preserve the past.

Rembetis, I am slight southwest in Kalyvia but I am a poor greek my language is very bad as I grew up in canada and every time i'm coming, i went to prison instead lol.

I think it's time for the greek genetic to reach the international scene.

Ya mas

Lebanizer

Hi Lebanizer, how was your grow went out :) ?
Which Seeds did you use, TLT or TRSC ?
Hi dude !

My grow was alright but I won't repeat because this strain starts flowering very late (fall equinox). The plants easily get humongous (strong stretch) as they have a lot of vigour and you can totally tell the strain has some tropical influences as well. Yet internode spacing remains relatively short. The high was pleasant kind of like fuzzy and warm. I used RSC seeds as always ;)

Last edited:

poochute

Kalamata red is far more close to NLD cannabis plants.
i've seen at least 5 phenotypes in the first generation seeds all with the same plant structure(sativa dominancy),stable abundance of trichomes and extremely penetrating hashy terpenes.
that strain could be so trippy and unforgettable thanks to the unique laugh attacking high that some phenos provide.
They are plants with long internodal spacing which in optimal condition they can reach up to 5-6 meters high,they show very high resistance on insects,molds and very hot/drought climates.
Kalamata red is a sativa looking plant with oldschool hashpant characteristics,yummy earthy terpenes, loads of trichomes and a gorgeous,motivating,energetic high.

Brother, can I ask, do you smoke modern strains/american high thc?

I'm just asking because I'm going to grow this in hopes of preserving the line, but meaning to cross/hybridize with chemd x i95 pollen/ SSH Pollen and hopefully with a new grow TGA Apollo 13 and or Vortex Girl or Male depending. This will give it power, but does this strain alone have the ability to render a stoner like mine tolerance 'high'? And I just wanna say, this isn't facetious or meaning with disrespect, I'm absolutely stoked to grow something from my blood (I'm Greek), and of a worked line from a breeder like yourself in horrid anti-mj conditions, but just curious if it'll hit me nice..I grew ACE Malawi, and it was cool, but didn't hit me with a top euphoria/longevity of high, I hybridized it and it was amazing with an Mr Nice SSH and or Peach Hashplant by bodhi Pollen (I Hit 4 diff strains with both)