What's new

Great Rocky Mountain National Park Back Packing Pics.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I want to check out Evergreen also, backcountry, and a few other guys told me to check it out.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did. you should try it. the federal government just gave r.m.n.p. 24 thousand more acres. weeeeeee

uraverage

Wish i could, i'm sure its fun, but no easy task. I have been looking into doing The Long Trail sometime in 2010.(only half, dont want to speed hike i want to enjoy it and i cant get off work that long) Its no where near the sights you got but at least its out there.( not trapped in here)

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some of those pictures are on trails that you can pick up from longs peak, as day hikes. You can summit a 14 teener on a day hike in r.m.n.p.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyone got some more spring/summer rocky mountain pics for me to live vicariously through?

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
i have a shit load..they are off an old 35mm camera so i have to scan the pics first..
but many elk and mtn..shots..will dig them up for you..
peace hash..g

gtbuds2332

reading this thread makes me so jealous...i REALLY need to get out to CO and soon!! anyone have any favorite 3 or 4 day hikes?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just found out that my family wants to take a trip out to R.M.N.P. this summer, and invited me to go with them. I am totally pumped. I have been wanting to take a nice vacation with my family, for a while now but our timing and my lack of cash have been standing in the way. My folks are kind enough to help me out, so I can join them. Plus I get to go back to my favorite place again this year. double win. I'll be sure to take some more pics. I gotta think of something cool to do for them when I get my tax rebate check.

MtnKuSh

:joint:sunset from my balconythe other nite..looking west as the sun goes down over the rocky mountains!
picture.php

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just got back from my trip to the rockies this year, and I got some great pics. I'll post em up soon.

so if a fella was wanting to move out there and live in a remote town, what would be his options? I am talking about a very small towns.....a few thousand people at most, close to wilderness.....only thing I need close is a hospital so my wife can find work if she wants....she is a nurse. I am tired of living in the big city, my city has about 15k people and that is just way to many.....I need wilderness. Not to mention legal medicinal pot.

NYCDiesel

hm nature i love it i am an addict to it "surrounded by forest" there is a place for me to bad that is over the ocean stay safe jah bless

Last edited:

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
Eh, whatever I'd rather play COD4...

(that is a joke)

You should check out Olympic Nat'l Park just west of Seattle. Beautiful place! I'd love to go back. There's so much amazing world out there to see. We're lucky to be alive.

Balazar

Oh look, that's my backyard lol. I love this place. I'll have to put some of mine up now. I just did a Pikes Peak trip. Ever done the incline? It starts next to the cog railway station in Manitu Springs. I love that thing in a masochistic sort of way. I'm also planing a fall trip to Longs Peak. If my climbing gear is in good shape I'll take the easy face, but if not I'll go the keyhole way.

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
RMNP

RMNP

Couple pics from almost 2 years ago to date.. got about 150-200 more just not on this PC. waking up in the morning was hellllll!!! sooo worth it tho.. elk were migrating through the park at the time. was a GREAT TRIP!! not to mention the mushrooms!:D

Attachments

• RMNP2.jpg
    RMNP2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 29
  • RMNP3.jpg
    RMNP3.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Latest posts