What's new

Great CA Weed Rush (repost)

ibtokin

hpckush said:
I always felt that a reality show base on this concept would be cool! I know that there was one in the works at one time, but was cut because it could be incriminating.

a patient/writer approached the co-op where i work and wanted to film a reality show there. she supposedly had pitched it to execs and had the go ahead and just needed our approval to film. needless to say we turned her down, but it was a pretty cool thought.

G

Facinating! Kinda like Ray Bradbury does the Grow Chronicals.

Chronic?

ChronJohn

DoubleJ said:
$100 for an 8th??

Thats shocking, especially for someone who claims to be providing invaluable medicine.

Inexcusable, yes, but noone's holding a gun to the patient's head, there are other choices. It's like paying for brand name instead of generic. If you want the brand name, you gotta pay the price. Kush is a brand name, and OG Kush is like the Versace or Dolce of bud.
But yea that's like 50% more than you could get the same shit on the black market. Whacknesss that's why it's better to grow your own :rasta:

You gotta remember that patients and most older people don't want to have to take risk in getting their medicine. The extra money goes towards their safety and having less of a hassle. They are getting exactly what they want and generally it has been treated very well and there aren't horrible things in it like you can find on the street. Properly flushed, dried and cured are important things. These older people don't want to have to buy it from someone on the street and not even know what they're really getting. I agree, the price is ridiculous but there is a reason it is like that. I wish it was all 40$ an 1/8 but hey, the dollar aint worth shit so that isn't a very likely possibility.

Stay growing your own,
SC

S

split kooks

soul absolutley nailed it on the head, a little extra coin = a lot extra saftey over you local kook

AndreNicky

^^Clubs charging anything over 60$ a eigth are robbing there patients, no matter how u wanna look at it. The guy in the article doesn't even use marijuana and is clearly out for nothing but cash, people like him are what is wrong with the MMJ movment

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
good read but i agree with many former posters that this guy is in it for the paper not the patients. but hell if i could i would own a club too, and i wouldnt do it if i wasnt making any money, but i know that i would be sufficiently medicated every day.

At least they make an attempt to bring it to people who would otherwise be scared of purchasing anything cannabis related. I don't think they should be that price but you have to understand that older people who have no connects need a resource that is reliable and trustworthy. Safe and discreet are very important factors. Just consider that.

Stay lucrative,
SC

Space Toker

Veteran
why are most of those links on cannabisgrocer.com unable to pull up? If you have to register to use their site, and in order to register you have to offer proof of a medical condition, they should say so, not tempt you with dead links. I don't think viewing should be restricted. Obviously purchasing "medicine" needs to be, but not simple viewing. If it isn't done intentionally, why do so many things you click on not work?

inflorescence

Veteran
SoulCoughing said:
You gotta remember that patients and most older people don't want to have to take risk in getting their medicine. The extra money goes towards their safety and having less of a hassle. They are getting exactly what they want and generally it has been treated very well and there aren't horrible things in it like you can find on the street. Properly flushed, dried and cured are important things. These older people don't want to have to buy it from someone on the street and not even know what they're really getting. I agree, the price is ridiculous but there is a reason it is like that. I wish it was all 40$ an 1/8 but hey, the dollar aint worth shit so that isn't a very likely possibility.

Stay growing your own,
SC

split kooks said:
soul absolutley nailed it on the head, a little extra coin = a lot extra saftey over you local kook

Some of the best buds I ever had were from a "street" dealer and I've been in plenty of clubs and am highy dubious of most of the product.
I've never really felt that when I was paying more in a club that I was getting the security of a "quality controlled" product.
IMO clubs will basically sell anything they can get there hands on, just like street dealers.

AndreNicky

SoulCoughing said:
At least they make an attempt to bring it to people who would otherwise be scared of purchasing anything cannabis related. I don't think they should be that price but you have to understand that older people who have no connects need a resource that is reliable and trustworthy. Safe and discreet are very important factors. Just consider that.

Stay lucrative,
SC

No offense but u have no idea what your talking about, it should be cheaper then street dealers just for the sheer fact that its "LEGAL". Not only that but this guy is probally running his club about 5-20 minutes from other dispensaries selling the same quality bud for upto half the price!!!! He's a crook

Just because in "your" experience you have gotten good buds from a reliable friend doesn't mean that someone who has never been near any of it will know where to go. The clubs offer a source for patients to get what they need. And a lot of variety for different needs at that. Your street dealer didn't offer you clones or seeds. AND in "my" experience I have gotten some great medicinal strains from Cali over the past 5 years. I have also gotten just as good strains from a friend. I was just trying to make one point and you attack me for it. But since you want to flame me go ahead. I'm done with this thread and forum. Enjoy all the negativity in your self-absorbed, opinionated, close minded lives. I hope you thrive in it.

Peace,
SC

AndreNicky

SoulCoughing said:
Just because in "your" experience you have gotten good buds from a reliable friend doesn't mean that someone who has never been near any of it will know where to go. The clubs offer a source for patients to get what they need. And a lot of variety for different needs at that. Your street dealer didn't offer you clones or seeds. AND in "my" experience I have gotten some great medicinal strains from Cali over the past 5 years. I have also gotten just as good strains from a friend. I was just trying to make one point and you attack me for it. But since you want to flame me go ahead. I'm done with this thread and forum. Enjoy all the negativity in your self-absorbed, opinionated, close minded lives. I hope you thrive in it.

Peace,
SC

I don't go to street dealers, I'm a medical patient currently living in so cal :bashhead: .

AndreNicky

Why don't u people get it, i have no problem with dispensaries(this is where i get my medicine 100% of the time!), its the dispensaries raping there patients with $65+ 1/8ths of XXX PLATNIUM OG KUSH that i hate. By the way i've never felt "safer" going to a club over a street dealer, if anything its more sketchy goin to the club just for the fact there usually in bad neighborhoods

forty

SoulCoughing said:
The clubs offer a source for patients to get what they need. And a lot of variety for different needs at that. SC

chill man... it's not personal. the clubs can offer the same services as they are now without the ridiculously high prices. it's not really right imo for them to charge that much for the sake of safety assuming a pateint's only alternative would be a dodgy street dealer. a well run club with good meds can do very well with $50 1/8ths.

Latest posts

Latest posts