What's new

Gravity & purple maxx...

seek_UP

Whats up icers.... I just got a small bottle of gravity and a small bottle of purple maxx to try out. I use hydro, DWC tubs that continuously recirculate with the main rez.. Well, there's not alot of info on using these products in hydro, but surely some of you all have done it...

Here's my questions... It says for the purple maxx, no areation in the rez while using, also, it says best to use as a foiler or with only plain water in the rez. Now, wouldn;t running a DWC tub with no air stone for a day or so be devastating on the plants? Also, there's no mention on the specific directions for using these products together (only that some humbolt hippies had good luck doing it).

1. Do you really run this shite with plain water and the air stone off?

2. Do you run both products at the same time?

3. When's the best time to start using it?

4. If I go the foiler route, it is fine to foiler feed a plant that has established buds on it (i.e. rot issuyes, etc..).

Any other tips experiences with these two products, please post. Thanks..

Hello seek UP...I really wish i could help you out on that...But honestly i have never even heard of either of those..Im Sure someone will know something about it and hopefully help you out with you q's...Sorry i cant help...and Good Luck..PEACE

seek_UP

Here's some info maximum yeild. Maybe someone has some actual expirience with this shite tho..

HUMBOLDT COUNTY’S OWN GRAVITY
FLOWER HARDENER
There’s absolutely no other product on the market like GRAVITY. We
start with a proprietary kelp extract, made in-house by a unique method,
and add signaling compounds that induce the plant towards complete
flower development in the final bloom stage. GRAVITY will finish
and harden all flowers from top to bottom while adding weight and
mass. Substantial weight gains are routine, and a little goes a
long way. Three weeks before finish apply one treatment of
1 tsp. per gallon (5 mL per 3.8 L); in hydro use a little less.
For best results use PURPLE MAXX at the same time or a
week earlier. Although GRAVITY contains some phosphorus,
it should not be considered a fertilizer but an additive to be
used with a grower’s usual nutrient program. We’re not sure
what causes the astounding hardening effect. It appears that
GRAVITY causes increased cell division while inhibiting cell
elongation. We do know why PURPLE MAXX amplifies the
effect—but we’re not going to tell you! Don’t be confused by
high-phosphorus fertilizer products for flower development,
GRAVITY is completely different. It’s the real deal, with
three years of successful sales in Humboldt County. Most
customers who try it never stop using it.

This incredibly versatile product, 100 per cent organic, has changed names over the past two years as customer feedback here in Humboldt County has helped us optimize its unusual effects. Originally Stacker, then Trichomax,
and finally PURPLE MAXX SNOW STORM, this product continues to amaze. It intensifies the colours of orchids, enlarges strawberries, and causes purpling in plants that normally require cold stress to induce colour changes. By blending a cocktail of organic acids and amino acids we are able to induce a plant to respond as if it were under stress, when it’s actually healthy. The response will vary from plant to plant and will change according to the particular phase of its life cycle. Early grow-phase plants will tend to
put energy into root development. If applied at the beginning of the
flowering cycle, flowering sites will tend to cluster and multiply.
In mid-bloom PURPLE MAXX will cause a huge increase in nutrient uptake, which will be directed toward flower development. In late bloom it causes resin and fragrant oil production in culinary herbs as well as colour changes in susceptible plants as PURPLE MAXX induces plants to completely
finish their life cycle. Works even better with a dose of GRAVITY applied
three weeks before finish.

707Corridor

Hey there,
Ived used snow storm for about half a year now and I stand behind thier claims. I was hesitenat when I read somehwere around here that it causes trichome production to increase dramatically over night. i'm not lying when i say that i witnessed this with my plants.

One piece of advice is to follow the instructions as they have them laid out. Foliar ive seen works pretty well, and so does adding it with plain water. In your set up i would say to make sure you have GREAT AIR CIRCULATION so that the buds are not susceptible to bud rot. Also the part where it says to cut back nutes...do it. One thing with these products is that it is very easy to burn your plants. Also they reccommend to raise your lights because I remembering reading, in thier detail instructions that came along with it, that the plants seem to be even more sesnsitive to light.

I cant say what you should do with dwc. I would try calling them and see what they say or just search around here. Yes you can use both prodcuts at the same time. I did and got great results. So yeah, I would go the foliar way with snow storm. I would say to spray them from the beginning of the flowering period and take it down as the flowers have set and to reduce risk of bud rot. Hope that i helped you out a bit.

Here's a pic of one my plants that i used sno storm on.

Bulldog11

Veteran
Here is the story, for I have used this product many times and personaly know the makers.

Gravity - use three weeks before finish and run for 5 - 12 days. I always run for about 7 - 10 days, and always cut your nutes down when using. This product works wonders on it's own, and doesn't need to be run with purple maxx. I always use two heaping table spoons of Molasses with my gravity, added at the same time.

Purple Maxx - I have never used this product in my res because of the air issues. So, I use this as a pure foliar spray. Dam! does this product pack on the crystals! I begin to use this product about 4-5 weeks into flower once a week and stop with one week left. I have stoped early sometimes because my buds get huge and I worry about bud rot... although hasn't happened yet. (knock on wood) Also with strains like Granddaddy purlple your buds get deep purple, like nothing you have ever seen. I just finished a batch of granddady and no shit, 80% or more is deep purple. This product leaves no harsh chemicals behind, 100% organic.

FYI - purple maxx snow is going to become two differnt products soon. One will be Snow Storm and one will be Purple maxx. They are just seperating the part that makes the plants purple in order to get a higher ratio of purple plants. Not yet on the market.

Now to answer your questions
#1 No, this would stunt growth and make these products obsolete. Roots need high levels of oxegen
#2 Yes, they work very well with each other. Foliar purple maxx and gravity in res
#3 Gravity 3 weeks before finish and run for 5-12 days
Purple maxx half way through flower and on. Don't spray in last week of growth.
#4 If this is the case use less foliar spray first thing in the mourning so it has a chance to dry off before the lights turn off. More is not always better.

Last edited:

gromer

Cant give you direction on the airstone thing but what I can tell you is BE CAREFUL these are POTENT products!!They work great and yeh mere drops in a small spray bottle with a foliar just b4 lights on seems the best way to apply.If you are gonna put em in the res Id strongly advise going at half the reccomended strength and if foliar USE AN EYE DROPPER!!I think the reason for the no air stone things is quite opposite from harming the products.I think itll make their strength even higher and youd prolly toast stuff.Lots of Kelp,beasties love Kelp and air the two together its like over population real quick!!Hope this helps ya,hey get the Bushmaster too it rocks!!!

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Your not suppose to use purple maxx with a true hydroponic system (submersed in water). Gravity is kinda thick, like fish emulsion. I've only used them in coco, never in any of my true hydro systems.

danktown

ive been meaning to try this stuff now that i got some xtra cash...im running 5 gal dwc buckets...even tho yer not supposed to use it for dwc has anyone done otherwise?

magoo420

I myself have used bush master and gravity with success.... now about the purple max , i've no idea.....btw, make sure you follow the directions dont over do it....[rasta]

coolx

Bulldog11 said:
Purple Maxx .... So, I use this as a pure foliar spray. Dam! does this product pack on the crystals! I begin to use this product about 4-5 weeks into flower once a week and stop with one week left. I have stoped early sometimes because my buds get huge and I worry about bud rot...
I thought it was the gravity that packed on the weight. Why would you stop the PM? Oh, I guess you don't mean the pm puts on the weight.

anyway, would you use DM penetrator with PM foliar feeding?

meduser180056

I'm gonna foliar PM again this time around. I used it last time with success.

I am going to add Penetrator to the foliar, but I didn't last time. Someone I know who uses it with good success told me to add the penetrator and some dishsoap. So that's what I'm gonna do this time. I'm only gonna use 1ml/gal for foliar. You can start using PM as soon as you see buds starting. Last time I stopped spraying around the 4th or 5th week of flower cuz I was scared of mold/rot. My friend recommends spraying up till the last week though. Definetly be careful if you do that.

I also used Gravity and it worked really good. my nugs were rock hard. I used 5ml/gal in pro-mix. One application 3 weeks before finish. I watered PM in with it too. I also used foliared with PM a couple days before I used Gravity like it says to on the bottle.

I'd recommend them both.

Last edited:

inflorescence

Veteran
seek_UP said:
HUMBOLDT COUNTY’S OWN GRAVITY
FLOWER HARDENER
"We’re not sure
what causes the astounding hardening effect."

LOL, but we'll still sell it it to you claiming wonderful effects. lol

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
inflorescence said:
LOL, but we'll still sell it it to you claiming wonderful effects. lol

Doesn't matter, it works, thats what matters. Also, I believe they say that to you because they don't want to explain anything.

inflorescence

Veteran
Mr Celsius said:
Doesn't matter, it works, thats what matters. Also, I believe they say that to you because they don't want to explain anything.

They just don't want you to reverse engineer it with cheap commercial compounds readily available.
They make way more selling a 'propritery" formula.
eg., All bushmaster is is pacbutrazol (sp?).

meduser180056

This is about Gravity. It was in a Max yield issue.

"There's absolutely no other product on the market like GRAVITY. We start with a proprietary kelp extract, made in-house by a unique method, and add signaling compounds that induce the plant towards complete flower development in the final bloom stage. GRAVITY will finish and harden all flowers from top to bottom while adding weight and mass. Substantial weight gains are routine, and a little goes a long way. For best results use PURPLE MAXX at the same time or a week earlier. Although GRAVITY contains some phosphorous, it should not be considered a fertilizer, but an additive to be used with a grower's usual nutrient program. We're not sure what causes the astounding hardening effect. It appears that GRAVITY causes increased cell division while inhibiting cell elongation. We do know why PURPLE MAXX amplifies the effect, but we're not going to tell you!"

ReeferDan

whats the best way to foliar feed? Should i make my batch of PMax and spray everything really lightly? Get everything wet? or really soak the plant with the spray?

thanks, this is my first grow and i have a little pmax to try to up the trics

danktown

so seekUP what are ya gonna do? i actually just got some gravity and PM today and feed is in a couple days for the ladies, im about 3-4 wks away from finish of a 14 wk sativa im not sure whether i wanna foliar feed cause of the possible budrot issues or try rez application unless i hear someone say otherwise...my plants have already taken enough abuse :bashhead:

danktown

also for those of you that have used PM on non-purple strains do you notice any "purpling" of the plant at all? im workin with a local cross of white widow x lowland thai and am almost positive its not a purple strain but altho i dont wanna get my hopes up i thought it'd be kinda cool if there ended up being some purple cause of the PM

danktown

here is something i found on eelriverhydroponics.com

GRAVITY

WITH OUR PROPRIETARY KELP EXTRACT WAS SPECIALLY DEVELOPED IN THE HILLS OF HUMBOLDT COUNTY IN RESPONSE TO THE LOCAL’S NEED FOR A RELIABLE FLOWER FINISHER. GRAVITY QUICKLY BECAME A LOCAL FAVORITE AND IT WASN’T LONG BEFORE THE BUZZ BEGAN TO SPREAD FAR AND WIDE ABOUT WHAT THIS PRODUCT COULD REALLY DO. FIRST, OTHER HYDROPONIC SHOPS AROUND HUMBOLDT COUNTY BEGAN TO SELL IT. THEN, ONE BY ONE, OTHER SHOPS AROUND SAN FRANCISCO BEGAN ASKING US TO SUPPLY THEM. NOW, NATIONAL DISTRIBUTORS HAVE TAKEN OUR PRODUCT COAST TO COAST.

DIRECTIONS:

GRAVITY CAN BE APPLIED ALONE OR WITH REGULAR NUTRIENTS. PLANTS SHOULD BE HEALTHY AND NOT STRESSED AT TIME OF APPLICATION. NUTRIENT
CONCENTRATION SHOULD BE REDUCED BY 1/3 WHEN APPLYING THIS PRODUCT. IF PLANTS ARE GROWN UNDER HPS LIGHTING, LIGHTS SHOULD BE RAISED 6-12 INCHES.

SOIL:
USE 1 TEASPOON (5ml.) PER GALLON OF WATER AND APPLY FOR 2 CONSECUTIVE WATERINGS BEGINNING ABOUT 3 WEEKS BEFORE THE END OF FLOWERING. OR USE 2 TEASPOONS (10ml.) PER GALLON OF WATER AND APPLY ONCE.

HYDROPONICS: USE APPROXIMATELY 1 TEASPOON PER GALLON OF WATER AND RUN FOR 5-12 DAYS BEGINNING ABOUT 3 WEEKS BEFORE FINISH. DUE TO GREAT VARIABILITY AMONG HYDROPONIC SYSTEMS, A GOOD RULE OF THUMB IS TO RUN LARGER DOSES FOR A SHORTER TIME AND SMALLER DOSES FOR A LONGER TIME.

DON’T OVERUSE! MORE IS NOT BETTER.

Sometimes better results are obtained by adding 2 heaping tablespoons of
molasses per 25 gallons of water.

CONTAINS NONPLANT FOOD INGREDIENTS:
0.75% Ascophyllum Nodosum (Sea Kelp) Extract
0.01% Vitamin B1 (Thiamine Hydrochloriide)

PURPLE MAXX

This product has been in development for over 2 years under the name of STACKER. We discovered a combination of organic compounds that would encourage plants to “stack” their flowering sites closer together, increase resin production and flower size and stimulate extreme crystal development. Early this year we were optimizing a feeding regimen using GRAVITY and STACKER that would lead to even more extreme results when 2 of our beta testers out in the hills reported that STACKER caused their plants to turn dark purple! We decided to rename it PURPLE MAXX. Word spread like wildfire through the hills of Humboldt County and soon we were handing out 50-100 samples a week. Soon people were coming in asking for gallons! Please keep in mind: This is an experimental product that we don’t think is ready for market but due to extreme demand we are releasing it in limited quantities.

DIRECTIONS:

No one should buy this product with the expectation that they will get a drastic color change with one or two applications. That only happens for about 1/4 to 1/3 of our testers when they foliar feed or water with PURPLE MAXX about 3 weeks before finish. Many people claim it doesn’t cause any color change at all. The following directions are presently the latest refinement in the feeding schedule. This product usually causes a massive uptake of nutrients so fertilizer solution should be cut back by about 1/3 (750-900 ppm). (1) If you are close to the end of the flowering cycle it would be best to feed PURPLE MAXX with plain water. Use 1/2 to 1 tsp. of MAXX per gallon of water right up to the end. If you have good air circulation you can spray with 1/2 to 1 tsp/ gallon. Some testers have used a lot more. (2) If you are just starting the bloom cycle, use 1/2 to 1 tsp. per gallon of water and apply about once a week or foliar feed with 2 ml/ gallon (1 tsp/ 2 1/2 gallons of water). If plants show no sign of tip burn, nutrient strength can be increased somewhat. Regardless of color change, almost all testers over the past 2 years have noticed extreme crystallization, increased resin production and larger more massive flowers—especially when used with GRAVITY.

HYDROPONIC APPLICATIONS:

At this time, hydro is a big unknown. One thing for certain- DO NOT USE AN AERATOR! If using PURPLE MAXX in the reservoir, it should be added the day before a reservoir change. Best is to use the foliar feed method as far into bloom as possible.

ReeferDan

danktown said:
also for those of you that have used PM on non-purple strains do you notice any "purpling" of the plant at all? im workin with a local cross of white widow x lowland thai and am almost positive its not a purple strain but altho i dont wanna get my hopes up i thought it'd be kinda cool if there ended up being some purple cause of the PM

The underside of my SSH turned a purple hue, after one watering with it in a raised soil bed outdoors. The tips of the flower leaves also seemed to turn a little purple, imagine a normal nute burn, but the leaves are not burnt, still healthy but just purple. The purple hue on the undersides of the leaves are beautiful. Its also really cold her in SF so that could also cause some purpling, but not usually like this.

Latest posts

Latest posts