What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grateful Dead To Get A Videogame

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
They need a straight festival game. No scoring acid in the parking lots, WHY THE HELL NOT?!

THINKKK ABOUT IT. You could have some home made Bubble, piece it out, trades for some cid, sell the shit outta it...BANK. Some bitches sellin nitrous in the corner??? ROB their asses! Cha CHING! You see some security guy on a golf cart, JACK TOWN! Drop some acid, goes into TRIP mode! Ohhh shit! Better hope you rolled your joints already!!!

Like GTA, but a fest....and you can win special players, like Jerry!

Am I fuckin' crazy here? I'd get a PS3 JUST for this game.

Sighhh, alas. Only cool in my head.

Ya have to admit , that was the truth back then... when the "boyz" came into town , there was a flood of "goodies" that flowed all over each town that naturally followed . The Band was trying to keep it on the lowdown as the parking lot scenes really started to blow up when even in the '90's mini Raves were taking place in the lots , incidentally to the shows outside . It was all good , times were a changing & Jerry wasn't built to last much longer. ;(

But for all that , any truthful police person would have to admit everytime for all that many people gathered in one place the amount of incidents was so minor . Can remember one girl up at a Colorado venue that got too high on L , let herself into some ppls house & innocently crawled into bed with them , lol...the police came & gently took her away . One NYC policeman on the beat was once asked what he thought of all these DEadHeads invading downtown NYC and the young cop replied :

" they're great ...& as soon as i'm off tonite i'm going to the show! " ;)

One the great Aud shows was @ Lake Placid ...or more fondly referred to in that time as "Lake Acid" . That show is one of the greatest AUD shows ever seemed like everyone in the house that night was stoked on pure white lightning , including the band . Thats one FUN show to listen to...

They psychedelicized a country which was in reality a great counter balancing force for good , given were a very rich , inventive but very backwards & dumbed down provincial entity ...good ol' USA . Others like Stephen Jobs of Apple that did over 50 acid trips by the time he was 22 ...literally changed the technological & cultural landscape of the planet creating a company thats worth more than Exxon Mobil , Microsoft
valued at $300Bil .

* And when they booted Steve Jobs out of Apple , he went over & picked up a little company called Pixar that he ended up selling to Disney 7yrs later for $4bil after a few little kids flicks called Toy Story , Shrek , Monsters Inc ... & a few others that had some of the highest box office of all time . Kids will be raised on these movies well into the 22nd century ..& adults too ! :)

compost

I wonder if they will have some of the live work on there.. Germany 72 if someone from the company is reading this.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
If u like Sugaree this is the one ---> Grateful Dead Live at Olympic Arena on
1983-10-17 Lake Placid , NY
(October 17, 1983)
http://www.archive.org/details/gd1983-10-17.mtx.seamons.fix-91192.91239.sbeok.shnf

audience was flyyyyyingthis nite ...higher than kites and u can hear it all the way thru . And the band is definite getting a contact high , really a very smooth night ;)

dancinbear.gif
avas.gif
dancinbear.gif

Madrus your spot on brother ... when the 'boyz' came east every show i traveled to was like a kid in the candy store for me... i so loved all the different 'kind' nugz that popped up at different venues... lots of beautiful west coast stuff was always floating around, but i loved all the 'local' kind that was brought to the shows by real locals, to sling... was the first time i realized that there was truely 'kind' ecoast bud... been growing ever since.. really..

t2

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I filled out the questionnaire, but i still don't really see where they're going with the game. I guess we'll see soon enough.

R

rick shaw

Woo hoo. Adam Bluementhal,of CuriousSense just e-mailed me this.

"We're planning for a December launch of version 1.0 with some community activities starting in the Fall,we'll be sharing designs and inviting participation at that time"

I sent back a link to the thread.

:blowbubbles:

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if it was 100 game hours of staring at jerry's knees...i'd probably still give it a whirl.

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
got this email today

http://www.gratefuldeadgame.com/

crew@GratefulDeadGame.com said:
Hey Now! How do ya do?

Welcome to The Epic Tour, a game that will take players on a journey through Grateful Dead time and space. We'll be re-imagining ten of the Dead's most epic shows, and creating an adventure out of getting there.

But first we need to know where this train is going! Your votes decide the shows on the Epic Tour. View our catalog of Dead shows, and vote for all the ones that you deem to be "epic."

Voting is open until January 31, 2012. Before the train takes off, we're gathered at Dead Central Station where you can transform yourself into a Dancing Bear. As you get yourself ready to get on-board, have fun with the millions of combinations designed to help your Bear stand out in the crowd.

We're offering four Limited Edition Membership Packages, each of them chock full of shiny Stealies and kind treats. These exclusive packages include collector's items such as our archival-quality fine art Game Poster (only 1000 available), laminated Membership Passes, a one-year subscription to Dave's Picks, and chances to win other awesome prizes. These items are only available now during this pre-order phase.

-$400 - Diamond membership
-$100 - Gold membership
-$25 - Silver membership
-$10 - Burrito package

A portion of all proceeds goes toward a donation to our friends at the Grateful Dead Archive at University of California, Santa Cruz

Congratulations Dead Heads, and thanks for joining us on The Epic Tour. Let the long, strange game begin!

Stay in touch!

The Crew at The Epic Tour