What's new

Grateful Dead influence on modern cannabis

Hi everyone . I’m curious as to what people know about what strains came out of the Grateful Dead . If by tour or I also hear an old interview where its said Stanley owsley brought a Mexican strain or strains to Hawaii and that’s where the Maui wowie came from . Anybody who has insight give it pls

JetLife175

Veteran
Albert walker
Shoreline
Chemdog
RFK Skunk
Dogshit
Sour diesel
Casey jones

These plants are known to come from dead fam members. Either from off tour or bred by people that have followed the dead for years.

The impact that the dead had on modern cannabis cannot be measured and hasn't been fully realized yet.

The BOEL and all those love stories you hear about hippies in the hills don't hold a candle to what the dead and their fans have done.

JetLife175

Veteran
Hi everyone . I’m curious as to what people know about what strains came out of the Grateful Dead . If by tour or I also hear an old interview where its said Stanley owsley brought a Mexican strain or strains to Hawaii and that’s where the Maui wowie came from . Anybody who has insight give it pls
Most original Hawaiians were just acclimatized Mexicans.

JetLife175

Veteran
always wondered why most people do not know this ….. they were not a rock band they were a culture … smoked my first seedless green bud on tour in 1980 because that’s where you had to go get it :sneaky:

Damn old timer! My first show was in 88. Much respect. I was just a kid then. By a kid I really mean a kid. My old man brought me along with him to all the dead shows as a kid. It really set me up to be the pot snob I am now hahaha. I knew about the guy that sold pipes out of his van before I knew he was snodgrass. First time smelling weed that smelled like a dead ass skunk. As I got older and realized what was what it blew me away to realize how much the dead has done for the culture.

I can’t imagine how cannabis culture would be with out the Dead . I guess how music would be with out LSD . Know Chem dog came out of a tour bag also I only know Dumpster from going to Ekoostik Hookah shows . In the mid 90s I was like a rock star bring back a hodge podge of nuggets from hookahville . Everybody else had the downtown brown . I had Blueberry afghani dumpster and skunk

nastynate_413

Chemdog (Greg) is certainly a deadhead and a real humble dude. When I met him, I called him a legend. He downplayed it. Being a sour fan, I asked him about sour's legacy. He said he knew AJ. Small world in our green community! I'm popping a chem 91 cross as we speak!