What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grant Co. to pot smokers, "Stay away!"

G Noam

Just relaying a little info some are already aware of. Grant Co. and particularly it's seat in Ephrata that is steeped in Fed $$$ origins since it's incorporation in 1912 and attendant civic-minded pride want's no part of anything remotely smelling of grow or head shops, or any image attributed to what runs counter to the small business community based civic organizers and Chamber of Commerce with old school-style concerned civic citizens assoc with more Churches in town than one may expect. Local stores carrying garden supplies frown when you even ask about why they don't stock rooting hormone. I was surprised by more than a few rude business owner's come backs when I asked about anything but the MG garbage on the shelf. I'm clean cut and don't act or sound like a stoner, but got the, 'Don't come back, either.' look anyway. The city council insists the local stats show over 55% of voters are against any sort of legalization. And refuses to allow any canna-related bussiness into the area.

G Noam

However the ironic flip side of the coin is for years the are supports a surprisingly large underground green market that involves more than a few unlikelies atop unsuspecting snob hill as well. A real joke, and testament to just how silly all this empty concerned citizen crap really is.

G Noam

But as they say, every cloud has a silver lining. We moved here to grow more discretely where power is dirt cheap and almost zero outages year round. But new patients are spreading the word like wildfire they no longer have to make the 50 mile drive to Wenatchee to pick up mediocre meds at top shelf prices. Tough to keep a lid on in a town of just 9000 people.