What's new

Grandoggy Purps

ambertrich

Veteran
Give me about another month and I will be doing he same germ testing, Billy.

Hit up my GDP girls with a male I had saved (as well as a couple other strains).

You gonna let any of those f2's grow out, or just a test?

Amber, good luck with your beans! :dance013:

It's a little late to be starting outsiders, but I figure I'll let one go for kicks to see how it turns out... besides, they look pretty good... for a week old. :D

woolybear

Veteran
I need to pop some of my G-Doggy-Purps beans, can use a strong chemdog plant in the garden... thanks for the write-up man!

Here is my little one from the germination testing.. :rolleyes:
gdprnd21.jpg
gdprnd22.jpg
Responded well to transplant, topping (twice), etc... residing under a 400W MH for the time being...
This one is not as heavy leaved (as in structure and size) as it's momma. reminds me more of it's old man.. :) It will be interesting to see where she goes from here.

Be good.

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool reports Billy! I got 2 outa 2 girls, they are just starting flower. Ill let you know if I put any pics up. So far I like her not to bad/much of a stretch...

I need to pop some of my G-Doggy-Purps beans, can use a strong chemdog plant in the garden... thanks for the write-up man!
Go for it! If you do, drop me a line. Interested to see what other folks are getting out of their grow...

thanks Critter.

If you don't mind posting a couple, I'm curious to see how they look. I am considering popping a few more from the original 10 to see what's in there...

The aroma after curing is very pleasant. Dense, sugary, smooth... If I didn't have stuff to do today.... :joint: ....

ambertrich

Veteran
Hey Billy, how's it been going?

I popped 3 GranddoggyP, and got 2 girls and 1 boy.

Used the male to pollentate all kinds of stuff, even his pollen had a grapey smell :biggrin:

Got 2 different phenos from the girls, one nice tight golfball type nugs and one that seems a bit more chem structure, more loose buds.
Both have the same candy grape smell while growing, will have to see how they cure out.

Haven't sampled them yet, want to give them a little time in the jars.

Here's a shot of each girl:

picture.php

picture.php

ambertrich right on!

Going good here, keeping it on the down low while the summer heat rages... gearing up for a fall run. So many beans so little time...

They look great! Very interesting. Definitely leaning towards popping the rest to see what is in the hopper. The one with the tight buds is very similar to what I had here in the garden. Looking forward to the smoke report. Especially of that chem leaning pheno..

The F2 tester that is left smells like lavender. Very light, sweet, but has this stinky underlying aroma that is just mouth watering. (Unless you ask the mrs.. she says it reeks of sour grape juice.... Which is like music to my ears... :D)

Be safe bro! Enjoy.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
hey billy your gdp look so good, pure candy nuggs, i miss this thread but better tagged later then never, great job n high class grower confirmed!!!!...boom kw31's

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Billy The GDP I have in flower doesnt smell much did yours smell come on at the end? I have another pheno in veg and she stinks of Chem.

Critter, nope, wasn't a real heavy stinker. After curing in the jar all this time though, the aroma is wonderful!

Now, the "tester" F2... that was a real stinker. Just brushing the leaves would stink up the whole room. It's a stronger version of the one in the jar, if that makes sense... (FWIW, leaves are not as broad, inter-nodal space is longer, more vigorous growth, bud structure not as compact either .... however, that smell.... c'est magnifique.)

Best of luck with yours, hope you find something to your liking....

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful plants bro, the Grandoggy is some delicious smoke and just as beautiful to look at.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi billy

great report you did on these
some definate dank the grandoggys
you cant loose either the stank chemdog pheno or the purple grapey goodness from gdp

looking v nice ambertrich
that purple pheno looks delicous

how did she smoke

peace

sorry for late replys we been ofline for last 6-7 months

the fisherman

thats absolutly right this is my favorite smoke of all time i can still taste it and ive been out for like 3 weeks you cant go wrong with it

Cannavore

Veteran
Just finished soaking 4 fems and awaiting to be sowed. 5th was premature and cracked between my fingertips. Been wanting to try this one for awhile.