What's new

Grand Canyon Skywalk

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
Hola ICMager's

I was recently in new mexico and drove via Az. just at the start of this year and wanted to go stop while passing through Az but didn't have the time but for those who have visited this Skywalk can you share your experience what it felt like being 4,000 ft. below looking down at the bottom of the colorado river.

This is something my next visit will be on my list as I couldn't be in Az. knowing I didn't stop at least once to experience this Skywalk.

http://www.grandcanyonskywalk.com/index.html

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont know RC, that looks pretty hairy!! Im not so good with heights these days soooo I would probably freak out. And it costs like 30 bucks to walk out on it doesnt it? ..Made me woozy just looking at the video!! heheh Have fun when you go RC!

T

TrichyTrichy

looks like lotsa fun! when i was there about 5 years ago one person had fallen off and another lost and found dead a month earlier :yoinks: Skywalk is a good idea for those peeps who can't follow rules :hide:

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
I would love to go with after smoking a J and being over a 4,000 ft drop viewing the bottom and feeling the breeze and having the feeling of an eagle soaring over the mountains even if just for a short while as life is just a ride and could end so live it and enjoy it and embrace it :)

p.s. my fear of heights makes me think i woulld need to wear a pamper before walking around that and very dark sunglasses as well.

T

TrichyTrichy

a real experience is to go to the base where the reservation is but you need to reserve ahead and not be afraid of being a little saddle sore. :p

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
I would need to smoke a few bowls or toke a J before attempting to walk on glass 4,000 ft. and not think of falling to my death while my gf laughs at me as she is the devil & freaky one who wants to try these things

but it would be something to brag about to familia when you go back home and show pictures and tell about your trip.

T

TrichyTrichy

It may be an experience and a good time to watch RC walk it :D
Try zip lining, it's fun!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that is not a real grand canyon experience. to really experience it you need to hike to the bottom and camp around for a week or so.

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
Zep Ive been to Az. many times and know what your saying but this isn't about experiencing Az. It's more about the height and view of this work or art they created.

The Grand canyon Skywalk

This took over 2 years to build and I watched Modern Marvels on the TV and the design and masterful constructively work it took to create this was something of pure genius.

Just standing on a piece of 5 Inch thick glass looking down 4,000 ft. Watching eagles soar and the grand canyon all around you is an amazing experience this is what this thread is about not camping down by the river looking up at the stars or renting a mule to go on a ride through the grand canyon I did that already.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I clicked on the link and damn near shat myself, for the past 6 years I've become afraid of heights something I never suffered from before as I used to work 6-7 stories up on the very steep slate roofs of several commercial buildings.

I could NEVER go out on the Skywalk @ this point in my life.

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
Your funny Stoner, I agree with you as how high that is if you were to fall and I don't even know if my nuts& bolts are large enough to even attempt to walk on it being 4,000 ft. high and what makes it scarier is the walls are also glass which makes it look like theirs nothing protecting you from falling over.

T

TrichyTrichy

RC you went down to the village. The hairpin turns at this height are frightening. How'd ya do it. :D

ddrew

Veteran
I would have to ask the fatties to hang back while I go out on it.

I'm sure it could hold me just fine, not so sure about me and thirty "average" Americans.

ddrew

Veteran
Doesnt it cost like 25 bucks to walk out on it?..Thought I read that somewhere.
I'd be willing to pay extra for 5 fatty free minutes on it.
You see the people in that vid? I'm surprised it hasn't collapsed already.

I would like to get high as hell and then go out and lay face down on the glass, I think that would be a huge trip.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd be willing to pay extra for 5 fatty free minutes on it.
You see the people in that vid? I'm surprised it hasn't collapsed already.

I would like to get high as hell and then go out and lay face down on the glass, I think that would be a huge trip.

Ohhh yeah, not sure I could do that tho!!

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
I would be proud to be on with the (fatty's) as many of my homies are large and it's not the size of a person but their heart.

Hola Mr. Babba :D I would pay what ever the fee is just to experience that as if your a thrill seeker or on vaca it's a once in a lifetime thang!!

Latest posts

Latest posts