What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gran Canaria

Eugen

Mentor
Veteran
Ola I am currently in the beautiful north of Gran Canaria. M
I have met a random guy on a „hippie beach“ and got some pretty okay / good bud. He said nombre „punch something“.
I really don’t like the tourist hot spots but it seems like the only clubs / associationes are in those areas? Maybe someone can recommend me something that is in a more beautiful area? I am looking more for the real community aspect. Where you sit down for a few minutes with the owner / bud tender / grower and talk a little bit about our common passion.
I am not looking for tourist shops that just do it for the money.
Maybe someone is interested in meeting and chatting?
If not than I am sorry for bothering you. I can imagine that it is pretty annoying that travellers keep asking in the Spanish forum about clubs.
Obrigado also for my bad Spanish ;)

Have a nice evening

Koondense

Veteran
GC is a great island,
been there in 2022, I brought 1,3g leftovers of Amnesia from a club in Barcelona. Somehow it lasted for one week :)
Can't help you except say that most clubs probably have just focus on the money but should still have some good weed on offer. Most have IG accounts and usually the protocol is to ask for an invitation via IG to be able and become a member. Also check online for their vibe, different clubs appeal to different people.
I hope somebody chimes in with more info, I guess there are some old school growers on GranCanaria, in my place it's famous for that reason.

Have a nice stay and enjoy the sceneries.

Cheers

Eugen

Mentor
Veteran
Hey man,
thanks for the Tipps but 1.3 lasts me maybe half an hour. ;)

Also I know how this pseudo invite via ig works. Here why I don’t like it: as I said it was pretty easy to find decent bud anyways.
I am not using IG. And I have no interest to become a member in a rip off club in an area that I don’t want to visit because it is ruined by mass tourism. I just don’t want to support that.
That’s why I asked here in the hope of finding some like minded people. I have been doing this shit for a long time and I am always interested in having a chat with like minded people.

Eugen

Mentor
Veteran
Although we are not a big fan of cities we went to the capitol to check out a social club. I think there are only clubs in the capitol and in this crazy mas palomas area which is (besides the dunes) really shit and overcrowded and a tourist trap.

I was greeted nicely and the atmosphere was inviting. I told them about my passion and showed them my Barcelona csc membership cards from the first ic bcn cup back in 2015 and one from Teneriffa (no tourist club, as it should be). I also told them that I am doing this shit for a while. I think that broke the ice and we had a great conversation showing each other our hashes etc. I was very impressed by their bubble. Blond and sweating terps like crazy. The guy was also pretty proud about it. strain was something 38 (gelato?). I told him to enter next ic cup. ;)

it was like I hoped it to be: no bullshit. All buds same price. Jars get put infront of your seat and you can smell and choose and ask questions with no rush at all.
I even had a quick chat with some other members.
Strains I picked up were:
Orange crush (the last of the jar, low jars are always the best)
Animal cookies

Of course. twice as expensive as the beach but therefore 7 days open. Social experience. And considering the service behind it and all.

I am happy. Also that there were no drunk tourists or anything I was afraid of, given that they seem to be only in the tourist areas.

Last edited: