What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GPS for Gorilla grows? I been against it, but having 2nd thoughts now.

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Another idea, is to get that GPS and mark a bunch of locations in the general area of your grow and even outside of that. Have 1 of those 30 locations your grow. Only you will know which one it is, so if a LEO finds it it'll just look like a bunch of locations mapped out for "four wheeling trails". Catch my drift? ;)

Ya got me thinking.. Or they could be geocache locations. Upload one of those maps to your GPS and there will be locations everywhere. That should confuse most people not familar with GPS's.

I would mark stuff that isn't so obvious, I would mark locations like "blueberry patches" etc. I actually have lot of berry patches marked.

BTW.. I was geocaching and I would be a good idea to verify that your grow isn't near a geocache.

I'm pretty stoked to get growing this year.. I got some autoflowering strains I wanna try, see if it will work.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
yall are years behind lol....I stand by delorme... a gps is only as good as the unit and software.......delorme has never let me down...out hiking sequoia man

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
yall are years behind lol....I stand by delorme... a gps is only as good as the unit and software.......delorme has never let me down...out hiking sequoia man

Interesting.. I'll look it up.. mebby its time for an upgrade... mebby that new cabellas store might have some good deals. I've always been a garmin person..

Crazy, if you're getting signal amongst those trees and I'm loosing signal on a steep trail with heavy tree cover.. WTF?..

Also somebody claims 3-5 meter resolution for locations... What the hell?.. I can say that I'm not getting that.. mebby closer to 10-20 meter resolution, and thats on flat terrain with no obstacles. I know my vehicle GPS/and Garmin Aftermarket have similar resolution. Again.. .WTF?

Ill have to check out the delorme...

R

Rageous8899

I was told that it would have to be a prettycostly investigation for the cops, or fed, to be tapping into our personal phone locations. I had a pal get busted and they seized like 260 k in cash and for awhile it was said that they mightve looked at phone locations. 260k is a decent haul for local sheriff but they have even bigger fish to fry. I often wonder the same tho. State and fed laws differ and some can overlap which leaves us pretty vulnerable as citizens