What's new

Gotta Wear Shades!

Gotta Wear Shades!

• Total voters
I cant see a thing without my eye glasses, I have a very strong prescription but I went in to see if i could get some decent looking scrip shades and my choices sucked. I cant get anything that wraps around at all, they have to have just dark eyeglass style lenses, no curve like all the nice style ones have. It sucks but until i get contacts, no shades for me, i just cant do the old man clip ons haha.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
i voted but some of those glasses my gramps use to wear.. Where are the glasses from 2009..?? lol..
I wear flatjackets. from oakley or some new style the wife got me called inmates go figure lmao also oakley.. peace.

sack

Medical

Oakley Straight Jacket. I have VERY light blue eyes...more grey than blue and HAVE to wear sunglasses during daylight hours, even on cloudy days!

Rollin Face

I love the styles YSL ( Yves Saint Laurent) had back in 06-07, the semi oversized frame with the straight bridge on the brow....classic look, kinda similar to the Rayban loc styles...the only kind i can rock basically...

H

Hal

i voted but some of those glasses my gramps use to wear.. Where are the glasses from 2009..?? lol..
I wear flatjackets. from oakley or some new style the wife got me called inmates go figure lmao also oakley.. peace.

sack

Sorry Sack...

I didn't know how to include the numerous new styles....seems sunglasses are kinda like music genres, as time goes on the number of styles increases geometrically.

What I should have done was include a category called "others," but unfortunately it's impossible to go back and edit a poll.

Fluorobuds

I used to rock some Foakley Straight Jacket but I finally shelled out the cash for some Ray Ban aviators, match made in heaven. had to search around tho, some of those lenses are so big I looked like a damn fool haha

H

Hal

I've looked around online, found some sites where they actually give the dimensions of the frames and lens, so you can be certain that you get a knock-off that almost perfectly matches the original. These knock-offs are like 1/10 the price as the originals too.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the old school rayban loc's

RayBan_OutsidersWayfarerPlastic_-1.jpg

keep it "G"

better known as the wayfarer.......
my grooviest pair has a dark tortoise shell frame.

H

h^2 O

Oakley man. Loyal customer of...10 years? I think my favorite design was the eyejacket. I never like the gaudy ones, like the X-metal, or the "juliet metal" or wtf they called them. The MI:2 shades. Tom Cruise ones, like 3 bills. But yeah never got into the flashy ones, just the cool ones. They don't make many good styles anymore - my current pair is a weird almost see-through grey/black "straight" model. Says straight. Idk. They're good. I voted as "glacier glasses" because I wasn't sure where Oakleys go. They're extremely versatile. Sun, snow.

EDIt: okay its called the straightjacket
picture.php

supersonic

Hey Rabbit,
The only way sunglasses can cause harm is if the manufacturer uses lens material that doesn't have the proper sun-ray filtering coatings on them. If that happens, it can cause serious problems because, not only is the sunshine not filtered, but the darker lens' cause your pupil to open wider letting more of the damaging rays inside.

Luckily, that hardly ever happens now-a-days. The coatings that they apply to the lens material is SO inexpensive that there is no reason to skip that in the quest for profit. Consumer Reports did a study quite a few years ago and found that the cheapest of the cheap sunglasses all filtered the sunrays fine.

Here in Europe they warn, not to wear cheap knock offs or simmilar cheap made in China, supermarket glasses, because they have not proper uv filter lenses... such warnings are regulary published...
I wouldn't wear them because difference with quality glasses is visible as soon as you put them on....

I have 2 Armani- 1 with polarised, and one Gucci glasses.... i get them straight from factory without being sold in store... i'm quite lucky for this because i get them for really cheap ;)

love?

supersonic said:
Here in Europe they warn, not to wear cheap knock offs or simmilar cheap made in China, supermarket glasses, because they have not proper uv filter lenses... such warnings are regulary published...
I wouldn't wear them because difference with quality glasses is visible as soon as you put them on....
That's all a load of bullshit though unless you look directly at the sun, or so I've been told (by an optician no less).

Therefore; fake aviators are the way to fly.

supersonic

well each to their own,

but i don't agree with you... been out to the terrace now and it's full sun 1.30 PM and i put both my armanis on. both are 150€+ range and polarised one give slightly better vision although i like other ones more because of design...
don't tell me 7€ china knockoffs are comparable, because they're not. Eyes are precious so you better put some quality on...
Chinese even put melamin or how it's called in milk for baby children so they would be better sated and some died of it after, so you think they would make quality glasses for protection... muhaha...

love?

There are various shades of shades (lol what a pun) in all price groups. China knockoffs might be "better" in some cases if they have a darker lens... But in reality one is not better than the other of course, they are just meant for different light conditions.

My point was just that the cheapo sunglass UV scare is highly exaggerated - to sell them expensive specs.

The people responsible for the melamine case you are talking about got sentenced to death by the way. You don't get consumer protection like that in the western world for sure. :D

supersonic

hehehe, yeah real good customer protection...

but as i said, go try different knockoffs and then some quality glasses or even polarised one and soon you will feel/see the difference... wear them for long time and difference will be even more obvious...