What's new

GOTTA GET THIS SPOT "FINISHED" OUT

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
tried that one already...

hup234 - thanks for the assist, didn't respond right away because ive got RN studying to do, if you don't know anyone in aRN program then ask around its not a game, im responding to this on my break. I appreciate it BUT IC takes a definite back seat to that. so I respond when I can

Tell me the dimensions and height .. I can tell u every single board in it.insulation drywal.

now that ive got a minute:

*front/back walls- 12' long
*side walls- 9' long
*there is a slope in the roof so the back wall is 7' high and the front wall is 8'
its pretty much your straight up square outside of that slope

now please be clear on one thing, I appreciate the assist BUT its something that I can get done myself

the actual stuation is that I have a partner and hes been waiting on these numbers for a while, and I haven't really had the time to sit down and get it done. fam, class, work my shed couldn't be tighter, I honestly DONT have time to sacrifice. im working with this guy because he understands that and is willing to just get the necessary supplies and get the work atleast started since I don't have time for it BESIDES that was our agreement from the get go, he understood what was needed and is willing to make the investment.

he's not pressuring BUT the thing is I don't want to keep him waiting, winter is almost over and I want to get something popped and in a hydro unit before winter ends ESPECIALLY with the genetics hes supplying and the fact he already has a client base its a worthy investment for the both of us. with that space finished things can finally get going.

we both have school/fam/work so time for both of us is precious if not more precious than the very plant itself. f we could get everyone together for one weekend then we could knock it out one shot. hes got 3 guys and ive got two guys so the man power is there

gotta get back class, will respond/check the thread tomorrow, once again, if you can do it I appreciate it, if you cant do it I still appreciate

lattah

hotboxes

Ok so you need 3 rooms, 1 for veg, 1 for flower, and one to chill in. And by your measurements you have 810 cu.ft. I would recommend using the space with the higher ceiling as flower. The other thing is keeping the flower room completely sealed off from the other 2 rooms incase of light leaks. Separate the 2 rooms exhaust ,flower should exhaust a minimum of 2x/min. You could probably use one of the other 2 rooms to act as a lung or just a place to vent into. Are you planning on running sealed or intake and exhaust, CO2? There is tons of things that need to be addressed before a single stud is cut. Make sure your build is exactly how you want it cause it's going to be hard to change once it's up. Hope everything works out bro we are here for ya

STUNKY

So I am assuming the room u want to build are these measurements.. When figuring studs always figure 1 per foot.. This will be to many on16 centers but you sometimes have to double up and triple up on corners. 42 studs.. Then multiply 42 times 3 this will give you enough 2x4 feet for single bottom and double top plate.. So 13-2x4x10 . I would add a couple extra for extras.. So I'd get like 17. Now if your working with concrete floor some of these will have to be treated.. I'd say 10# 16d hand drive nails.. .as for ceiling use 2x6 s how many and how long depends n which way u run them. 11 pieces dry wall but I'd get 12 in case.. 1 bucket mud 1 tape. Insulation.. You need enough wall batting to cover 256 sqft. And enough ceiling insulation to do 81 sqft.. Now if ya want to build walls in this room then ya gotta add for those also.. Sounds like about a one day project for a good man.. Minus the electrical..

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
Ok so you need 3 rooms, 1 for veg, 1 for flower, and one to chill in. And by your measurements you have 810 cu.ft. I would recommend using the space with the higher ceiling as flower. The other thing is keeping the flower room completely sealed off from the other 2 rooms incase of light leaks. Separate the 2 rooms exhaust ,flower should exhaust a minimum of 2x/min. You could probably use one of the other 2 rooms to act as a lung or just a place to vent into. Are you planning on running sealed or intake and exhaust, CO2? There is tons of things that need to be addressed before a single stud is cut. Make sure your build is exactly how you want it cause it's going to be hard to change once it's up. Hope everything works out bro we are here for ya

WHAO, WHAO WHAO! STOP! LMAO
trust when I tell you that I appreciate where your going with what your saying but your delving too far into it all and its unnecessary.

let me explain: every aspect of how I grow is already taken care of. the cuts/moms have their own cab, sealed off in its own lil nook with lighting/ventilation (intake and out take)/ timers already set up; I flower open, outside of some reflection I knocked up

got another split level cab I got together to keep plants in, sort of a holding area, for them to get bigger while plants are flowering with timers/lighting/ventilation already hooked up ready to go

ALL I NEED is to get the amount of studs I would need for the framing work that needs to be done in order to insulate the space THAT IS ALL! no need to have this room and that and this rom over here, nah, don't need all of that

I love IC mag and I love guys like you, lol, BUT chill/relax.

and no I don't need CO2 in there, never needed it and its also going to be someplace that I occasionally hang out in, do my trimming, chopping that sort of thing almost mancavish if you will

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
So I am assuming the room u want to build are these measurements.. When figuring studs always figure 1 per foot.. This will be to many on16 centers but you sometimes have to double up and triple up on corners. 42 studs.. Then multiply 42 times 3 this will give you enough 2x4 feet for single bottom and double top plate.. So 13-2x4x10 . I would add a couple extra for extras.. So I'd get like 17. Now if your working with concrete floor some of these will have to be treated.. I'd say 10# 16d hand drive nails.. .as for ceiling use 2x6 s how many and how long depends n which way u run them. 11 pieces dry wall but I'd get 12 in case.. 1 bucket mud 1 tape. Insulation.. You need enough wall batting to cover 256 sqft. And enough ceiling insulation to do 81 sqft.. Now if ya want to build walls in this room then ya gotta add for those also.. Sounds like about a one day project for a good man.. Minus the electrical..

I LITERALLY FORWARDED THIS POST IN AN EMAIL AND SENT IT STRAIGHT TO MY PARTNER

YOU SIR ARE A GOD SEND, YOU LITERALLY GAVE ME WHAT I LITERALLY ASKED FOR!!!

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd go w/metal studs-no load bearing so 25 gage x 3 5/8 wide x 8 ft tall 24" on center spacing= 1 stud per 1.5 linner ft..they come 10 in a bundle so get 3 bundles 30 studs
track 42 lft x 2 1 top track and 1 bottom track 84ft a bundle of 10 little extra for door headers or box outs 24" r-11=336sq ft(get insulation made for metal studs real 24"demsion)
drywall 4x8=21 sheets ,stand up sheets then its a one man job,dont bother w/ green board direct water will rot that out just as quick .Hang it tight and skip the taping,just paint w/ heavy latex.

3 5/8"x8'x25 gage =30 studs
3 5/8" x10'x25 gage = 10 track
r11 24" =336 sq.ft.
drywall 4x8x5/8" reg white bd =21 thats for two sides?
1 1/4"fine thread dw screws =1000
1/2" pointed framing screws =1lb

hotboxes

WHAO, WHAO WHAO! STOP! LMAO
trust when I tell you that I appreciate where your going with what your saying but your delving too far into it all and its unnecessary.

let me explain: every aspect of how I grow is already taken care of. the cuts/moms have their own cab, sealed off in its own lil nook with lighting/ventilation (intake and out take)/ timers already set up; I flower open, outside of some reflection I knocked up

got another split level cab I got together to keep plants in, sort of a holding area, for them to get bigger while plants are flowering with timers/lighting/ventilation already hooked up ready to go

ALL I NEED is to get the amount of studs I would need for the framing work that needs to be done in order to insulate the space THAT IS ALL! no need to have this room and that and this rom over here, nah, don't need all of that

I love IC mag and I love guys like you, lol, BUT chill/relax.

and no I don't need CO2 in there, never needed it and its also going to be someplace that I occasionally hang out in, do my trimming, chopping that sort of thing almost mancavish if you will

Well it would help if you said that in the first place. At first your dogging everyone for not replying now you know everything make up your mind bro. I was going off of what you said a few posts ago, you said you needed the room for everything. Good luck bro I hope you get it figured out.....

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
Well it would help if you said that in the first place. At first your dogging everyone for not replying now you know everything make up your mind bro. I was going off of what you said a few posts ago, you said you needed the room for everything. Good luck bro I hope you get it figured out.....

I know what you mean man and what your talking about may be even be necessary but ive never had any problems with my grows or rather my plants, my problems always stem for my setups specifically the room/space that I have to use.

I thought I could "dodge" mother nature, but this bitch has been truly relentless these past couple years and ive suffered for it each and every time. if its wasn't the weather causing power outages then it was the fucking weather itself!

this last run I did, I didn't take too seriously (and when I say "seriously" I mean with the hope of anything coming out of it)because I wanted to see my setup in action with my partners plants. I warned him where I was with my setup along with the impending weather and he was willing to take the chance so I said fuck it, fired everything up and it all worked like a dream! . . . .then the freezing shit started, smh

had a propane heater in there figuring that would have helped and this mother nature bitch just beat it/me down again. I told my partner what had happened, he was bummed about it BUT I reassured him that , that shit may happen and he was inspired to understand why it was so important to just finally get the spot finished out once and for all so he immediately jumped onboard.

I wasn't bummed but more so slightly glorified because I knew if I could just get this shit finished and end my problems once and for all then i'd be good and this run forecasted just that! one grow is all I would need and then everything else would come from that; the generator for backup, I would try CO2, getting a flipflop (which would double my flowering capacity) is a definite, up my home svc to 200amp, ah man! so needless to say once this spot is finally finished out, I can make that run come to fruition and move on from there.

and by no means was it a wasted opportunity either, I took the time to get my pH'ing skills up to par, step up my water treatment game, build the extra components to keep things at a turn-key rate, should have something flowering literally every 2 months, get rid of some stuff/clean up, so it was a descent time to have with my "new set up."

finally got a lil breather from classes, quizzes and shit are over with for now, weekends here, nothing looming or pending, sons 3rd B'day is on Saturday, had to get another car but its finally one I needed AND wanted . . . yeah, life is kinda cool . . . so far . . .

so trust me when I tell you guys I really do appreciate it, from my days at OVERGROW when had my first flood up until now on IC.

I'd go w/metal studs-no load bearing so 25 gage x 3 5/8 wide x 8 ft tall 24" on center spacing= 1 stud per 1.5 linner ft..they come 10 in a bundle so get 3 bundles 30 studs
track 42 lft x 2 1 top track and 1 bottom track 84ft a bundle of 10 little extra for door headers or box outs 24" r-11=336sq ft(get insulation made for metal studs real 24"demsion)
drywall 4x8=21 sheets ,stand up sheets then its a one man job,dont bother w/ green board direct water will rot that out just as quick .Hang it tight and skip the taping,just paint w/ heavy latex.

3 5/8"x8'x25 gage =30 studs
3 5/8" x10'x25 gage = 10 track
r11 24" =336 sq.ft.
drywall 4x8x5/8" reg white bd =21 thats for two sides?
1 1/4"fine thread dw screws =1000
1/2" pointed framing screws =1lb

im gonna go to HD on sat and see if these things are available and even stop by the pro desk again. matter of fact, fuck the prodesk, I think i'll just do what I always do and that's just pull one of those guys to the side and ask a barrage of questions since that's what normally seems to work for me anyway.

like I said never worked with the metal studs before but I have heard of them and of course seen them on the home improvement shows my wife and I watch.

just FYI, this spot is just the beginning of the garage finish up. I want to get my portion of it together but eventually when we are about to sell I do want to finish out the rest of it. just for right now the part that im using is all I really need so that's all im going to do. I figure its going to have a subpanel in it anyway so what more could one want? once we're ready to move a person could run whatever tools they wanted for however long they wanted

only thing that would be kinda breaking my heart would be having to tear down the partitioning wall so that it could be more open once we move in the future.

but yeah, guys, its gonna be a nice lil spot, fully functioning grow space/mancave like ive always wanted. small fridge maybe a 42" on the wall, eh who knows

Last edited:

sahdgrower

I really don't mean to be a dick but you sure spent a helluva lot of time to try and figure out how many 2x4's you need especially since they are about $3/ea. returnable and don't go bad unless you store them poorly. I think when people make posts like this it really sucks the life out of people who like to help. So in the future consider how much of other people's time and expertise you are consuming for questions that could easily be answered with a pencil a piece of paper and 5 minutes time. I for one hate it when super helpful members burn out because too many people asking simple questions that they can either answer themselves very easily or questions that have been answered a million times.

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
I really don't mean to be a dick but you sure spent a helluva lot of time to try and figure out how many 2x4's you need especially since they are about $3/ea. returnable and don't go bad unless you store them poorly. I think when people make posts like this it really sucks the life out of people who like to help. So in the future consider how much of other people's time and expertise you are consuming for questions that could easily be answered with a pencil a piece of paper and 5 minutes time. I for one hate it when super helpful members burn out because too many people asking simple questions that they can either answer themselves very easily or questions that have been answered a million times.

lol, you absolutely meant to be a dick and you know it :tiphat:

and if you read the first post you would realize that this started out with me asking for a program to help me do what I needed and some ppl offered to do it and I am more than greatful. I even had to straighten out someone else on that fact, didn't as anyone to do anything more than point me in a direction

I figured on asking for a program because I wanted to do more than one calculation for one thing at one time AND have something on deck to use for future projects but as with many threads it turns in to something good or bad and this happened to turn into something good.

you know what? im fucking up right now, ive got a 2 soon to be 3yr old that I need to chillout with and im here dickin around responding to your ignorant shit, fuck you, im out

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
ok folks not gone just had to put IC on hold as usual, caught a case of gout, started in one foot, went to the doc got meds and no sooner than it stops in the right foot it it moves over to the left foot.

been speaking to my partner and weve got things lined up for when the weather finally breaks and cuts the dumbshit out.

so for those that have helped out I appreciate it and respect you for it. still have to go in and move stuff away from the walls and get things together so we can come in and get it done BUT that wont be done until it gets a lil warmer; some of you may adore working in the cold but I don't and never have

when I go in i'll take pics of the spot for the thread