What's new

Got to take a helicopter ride yesterday.

smokefrogg

Veteran
smokefrogg,

I'm glad you brought up the small grow. Most of the small grows were not easy to see, my uncle had to point out most of them so I could see them too. But here's the kicker, he brought along a pair of binoculars 11 X 80mm. If you have a small garden and the LEO has a pair and your not hidden very well, those plants will most likely be seen...

wow, well thanks for this and the detail, it's amazing how well they can be seen from not too high up. i'd imagine leo just having a camera with a good lens snapping pics as they fly about, gps tag 'em and look at the footage later and you'd evade that pesky hovering issue, hmmm...

there is not very much back there, but you got me thinking about security even moreso, i need to set something up like the canopy that looked like a pool in that cheech n chong flick or something i suppose haha, thanks again for doing this and reporting back to all of us =)

Marick23

Hey Mr. excellent post.

I had heard a statistic that 3 out 5 homes in fresno are growing. At first I scoffed and said yeah right. Since then though I think that stat might actually be spot on. About 6 months ago I started running my gear again after a forced hiatus. 2k veg room 5k flower. My flower room is still empty... I made too many cuts for my room. Advertised the extras on craigs and *********. It took a little less than an hour to not only get rid of the extras but at a higher price than I was expecting. Since then I cut 200 clones every monday. 200 clones a week and I still can't keep anything long enough to put into flower. Its a problem I love having.

Anytime anyone picks up clones in the conversation, I usually ask if they are indoor or out. I would have thought with the new ordinances that most of these people would be indoor. Not the case I would say 10% were for indoor. Thats ALOT of outdoor gardens and those are just the ones that I cut.

I would love to be a fly in the chopper during one of those adminstrative tours of the fresno farms. Wonder if they feel the futility of their prohibition mindset? As it is now plant numbers really don't really mean much. Over crowded jails means catch and release. LEO's resources at the state and local level are dwindling. I believe we have won. 3 of 5 houses.

ijim

the difference is that was all wild ditch weed left that continued to grow out because of the hemp for victory in the 40s. now you got hundreds of thousands of growers planting and planting every month. they can never eradicate weed... even if it was mandatory death sentance for growing, youd still find people who would cultivate.

George Washington, Patric Henry and the American Indian did not smoke ditch weed. Cannabis was brought north by the Spanish and south by the Asians when they were able to travel by way of what we call Alaska now.

ijim

Most government copters and planes have cameras in them. They fly a designed pattern and review the tapes at the office. Take a look at google earth. It is not rocket science. Theirs are just up to date with time stamps and GPS readings.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
George Washington, Patric Henry and the American Indian did not smoke ditch weed. Cannabis was brought north by the Spanish and south by the Asians when they were able to travel by way of what we call Alaska now.

He is talking about all the Hemp (ditchweed) that was left over from the Hemp for Victory effort of the 40's-- That tho there was a lot of it to eradicate, that was simple, compared to now, with it constantly being planted and grown--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jokV8xlJTNE

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran

vvvvv this was usually what they were "erradicating" in the 60s-70s. i dont know shit about GW or PH or indians because i wasnt alive 400 years ago so i will reserve my opinion. but 90% of what they was pulling in the 60s and 70s was nothing but hemp they heralded as mj that they were destroying. stuff that would NOT get you high

picture.php

supermanlives

Veteran
hmmm maybe spread pollen on the competition LOL i have spotted mj from small planes.my old friend had one that landed on lakes we went several times and i spotted weed each time. i actually went back to one spot and confirmed it. no i didnt rip it but i took a few lower cuttings. that right i taxed your ass mofo if you grow a fiield i wont rat you out or rip you but i now will have a sample of your genetics.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
...On the way it was just unbelievable, plants, plants and more plants. Some spots, only a few with several spots up into the hundreds. ....
Mr. G interesting post. Thinking bout your statement above made me wonder how the hell LEO could ever eliminate all of this if they had to. Seems it's spread further and more abundantly than I personally realized, probably them too. An effort to check every grow and police all this would require an army. Maybe the National Guard..or just let the people grow this harmless plant? Peace...DD

crazybear

I think you took my post the wrong way! I was simply wanting you to clarify what you meant was the problem!
I see what you mean, & I understand, but the majority of people that look at as a problem can just piss up a rope! I say legalize & I mean at the federal level!
Thanks for sharing!:plant grow:

Mrgrowem

Marick23,

That's got to be a real close number, and if that's what's going on in this county, I wonder about the rest of the counties ? Maybe like DoobieDuck says, there's just to much pot to handle. I wonder too if it's right to bust a few and leave the rest. LEO would have to be careful about that, or it might look like LEO isn't treating all crimes fairly. It might begin to look like favoritism. Especially when they could reign in the whole bunch all at once.

I often wonder why when they bust these grows it takes so many LEO to bring them down. At most, it should only take two coppers with a citation book, give em a ticket to appear and defend, then move on to the next one. But instead they charge in with huge numbers of thugs, steal everything they can and never bring charges, leaving all the rest of the grows untouched. See it makes me think it's like some of the others think, you can't take it all at one time or where would LEO's income go ?

Mrgrowem

crazybear,

No problems. My main trust was to share what could be seen from a helicopter. Then I got off on the whys and wherefore leaving some readers pondering just what the fuck does he mean ? As I mentioned earlier, words without a face can mean something entirely different if one isn't careful about how it's written. I'm not the best with written words but from what I had seen I just knew I had to share it and took the chance....thanks for pointing it out to me, so I could fix it...

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
But like I said earlier, sunlit plants are a beacon. Very few plants I could see looked like cannabis plants do.

is it the color that gives them away? or exactly what?

wish you had taken a picture of what you are talking about...

crazybear

crazybear,

No problems. My main trust was to share what could be seen from a helicopter. Then I got off on the whys and wherefore leaving some readers pondering just what the fuck does he mean ? As I mentioned earlier, words without a face can mean something entirely different if one isn't careful about how it's written. I'm not the best with written words but from what I had seen I just knew I had to share it and took the chance....thanks for pointing it out to me, so I could fix it...

No problem my brother, I'm not the best at communication & it's hard to sit here & be on the computer, the pain is driving me insane!!!!!!!!

Mrgrowem

GP73LPC, crazybear,

Yes, the color of the plant in full sunlight is just a vivid stunning lighter green. Try this, put a plant in the shade and look at it from over the top, put the same plant in sunlight and it changes color and becomes vivid. Side views from the chopper were the most difficult for me. The pilot would have to point them out to me in most cases, nothing stunning there, but overhead, it's easy !! One point I should bring up is, there's no way to see what's directly beneath the chopper, unless one were to rappel below it on a tether. Some choppers have the ability to see below them with cameras, and a few with view portals but the latter are rare. The cop machines I've seen always have there doors wide open for better views whereas I was looking through glass. We did not have FLIR.

So to sum it up, color first, unexpected places "where most plants wouldn't be" like between buildings, the stature "christmas tree look", The structure of leaves, bunching together, plants on ROOFTOPS are not hidden at all "we seen several on top of homes" and the angle at which there viewed. By far it's the color !!, and how it stands out from the rest of the green.

We left my place quickly and besides I don't think any of my cameras would have shown the justice. But for now my minds eye remembers very well. I'm sure in the future I'll forget some of it but it's written here forever !! I just love ICmag.....

Latest posts

Latest posts