What's new

GOT SOME SICK GIRLS

hbj1891

very hard to id an issue when you grow in soil, thats not soil...

peat is basically soiless til ya put a bunch of organic amendments in it. this gives it life, helps it buffer and plays a vital role in supplying the nutrition needed for your plants, no matter what stage of growth they are at.

i wouldnt dare guess what the issue is b/c, there truly is no way to know for sure i think.

the second plant looks like a deficiency...either p or k, but lack of ca locks up p or k in flower...if you are in a hydro medium...which is how you are treating yours...peat with nothin added is basically a super unstable, bound to go acidic, soiless medium. i would mix up a 1:1 fungal:bacterial, humus:ewc tea, topdress with 1/4 cup of lime and 1/4 cup crab shell, 1/4 cup alfalfa, 1/2 cup ewc and 1 tsp per gallon of soil, dry flower fert. 3-8-8 happy frog 4-10-7 dr. earth...2 examples...then water with the tea(36 hour brew time optimal) after topdressing to facilitate the breakdown of the topdressed organics.

cant tell ya for sure what the issue is, but i will reccomend a course of action to fix the issue.

hbj1891

hey bro feed more, they look in pretty good shape in reaching for heaven

i hope no offense is taken, but dont listen to this guy and imo if you take the approach that they are doing fine...they will get worse. the recipe you are using is a recipe for destruction.

i think this is ph caused...your soil is weak and acidic

feeding more will make it worse. imo :2cents:

THE LEARNER

very hard to id an issue when you grow in soil, thats not soil...

peat is basically soiless til ya put a bunch of organic amendments in it. this gives it life, helps it buffer and plays a vital role in supplying the nutrition needed for your plants, no matter what stage of growth they are at.

i wouldnt dare guess what the issue is b/c, there truly is no way to know for sure i think.

the second plant looks like a deficiency...either p or k, but lack of ca locks up p or k in flower...if you are in a hydro medium...which is how you are treating yours...peat with nothin added is basically a super unstable, bound to go acidic, soiless medium. i would mix up a 1:1 fungal:bacterial, humus:ewc tea, topdress with 1/4 cup of lime and 1/4 cup crab shell, 1/4 cup alfalfa, 1/2 cup ewc and 1 tsp per gallon of soil, dry flower fert. 3-8-8 happy frog 4-10-7 dr. earth...2 examples...then water with the tea(36 hour brew time optimal) after topdressing to facilitate the breakdown of the topdressed organics.

cant tell ya for sure what the issue is, but i will reccomend a course of action to fix the issue.

alot to take in but ill start looking into my options for the tea...

thought my tap water had plenty of ca in it....would a dose of atami bloombastic help at this stage with pos p/k issue in plant 2

hbj1891

alot to take in but ill start looking into my options for the tea...

thought my tap water had plenty of ca in it....would a dose of atami bloombastic help at this stage with pos p/k issue in plant 2

it may have enough for an amended soil medium which contains buffers and added organic nutrients.

but i dont think ca def is your issue. the ca is showing on one plant(this is debatable...could be high or low ph), the other plant is showing red veins on higher/bigger leaves, signaling P def...which can be caused by a lack of ca in soiless mediums. but imo most likely all plants are showing effects of ph being off.

not reccomended...
if you want to use liquid nutes only i would simply remove the grow nutes, give the plant a 1/2 strength bloom feed + 1/2 strength cal/mag...this is very depending on nutes, but maintain ppm of feed solution around 800ppm or 1.6ec.

and of course assure that the ph of the solution going in is at a suitable range for hydroponics. 6.2 for peat during flowering is good.

if you want to run a few gallons through the medium of straight h20, record the ph and ppm of the feed water, then the ph and ppm of the runoff, this will tell you a ballpark figure on the ec and ph of your medium atm.

Whatever size pot you are growing in needs to be flushed. Ie 3 gallon pots need 6 gallons of water 5 gallon pots need 10 gallons of water. The reason I say its Ph is because its happening to all your plants. Top dress the soil with dolomite or crushed oyster shells. Doing nothing will not solve this problem. You need to flush asap 7.0 phd water

hbj1891

a quote from microbe man taken from another thread here.

"On Peatmoss;

We use sphagnum peatmoss because of its superior CEC and its nice microbial load. It is absolute bunk (IME) that it causes acidity in a living organic soil. If used primarily, without anything else mixed in and without coming to life then yes it promotes acidity. It is used broadly to this effect in conventional berry growing.

I have yet to have a living soil garden where I have used peatmoss mixed up to 50% with vermicompost & topsoil, not balance out at around 6.3 to 6.5 pH (usually 6.4)

In Canada, according to literature, peatmoss is renewable. Read up."

Latest posts

Latest posts