What's new

got a major spider mite infestion at week 7

chongsbuddy

Veteran
it was pretty bad,but i harvested and dont taste or notice anything wrong with the finished buds.the best herb i have ever grown.

FinestKind

floramite is great avid orgaicide i keep a whole arsonal on hand at all times cuz mites build up immunities to certain poisons and sprays designed to killem u have to switch it up but floramite is a great place to start. esp as a preventive it stays in the plant for 6wks do not ever use during flower though

Floramite sounds like the bomb... I think I'm going to have to order some on the inter webs because my hydro guy doesn't stock it.

lady bugs are pretty cheap. they will eat them up like crazy and they will clean the room somewhat when you cut..

Just so happens I threw about 30 of them in there just the other day (they invade my house every fall looking for somewhere to hibernate, so I figured I may as well make them earn their keep!) The only problem is they love to self-immolate on the lights (even the glass on the lights seems to be enough to mess them up pretty good)... I figure they can't hurt though!

FK

cannaboy

I had mite so bad once that the fuckers were running about alive and breeding on dry cured bud terrible situation,, The red fuckers are badboy and the 3/4/5 gen mites are like terminators every 3 generation is resistant to the spray used,,

Neem is a preventative not a cure and prevention is key!!!

my area get invaded too its perfect.. but to buy them in bulk its cheap ive seen boxes of 5000 ladybugs. but yea they tend to suicide on the lamps but whatever right, easier to clean dead lady bugs than mites. from what ive read a single lady bug can eat about 15 mites an hour, so alot of lady bugs are nessesary but its still better if you need to make hash with the leafs or your smoking what you grow.. i use ladybugs as preventive measure. if they dont stay in your room there is no food for them..

CC

Slangheat

As most have said , there isnt too much you can do. We had it bad, with webs covering our buds. I just went in there once a day and would pull them off, vacuum, just get them off. We just rode it out, and it was fine.

But something that i haven't seen people talk about is , you will still have them on your drying buds. We used to hand our big colas from hangers to dry, and the mites keeps on trying to work on the drying buds. This was after trimming/wiping them all off again, and was outside the grow room. It wasnt that big a deal though. After three days they just started dying. The dryer the herb got, the less we saw. JUST BE CAREFUL NOT TO BRING THEM BACK INTO A ROOM! They will die without food, but if you bring them back to pants, you will have a big problem

Good luck!

I mentioned it.

Mites are smart lil fuckers, they realize almost immediately that your plant has been harvested and is no longer gonna be providing goodness to them. Within 24 hours, if you have mites, the top of your stems (where you hang the plant from) will have webbing, the mites will leave the harvested plant and start searching for other plants that are still alive.

If you can help it, never harvest where you grow, and in all honesty if you've had mights in your previous run - you should wash everything with warm water and light bleach solution... cords, fixtures, walls, floors, fans, etc. The lil bastards can end up everywhere.

I have never needed to try it (knocks on wood) but I heard 10,000 PPM is the magic number when trying to eradicate mites with CO2. That was a very good source as well.

My room is less than 10x10. Thinkin I would probably just dump 2 tanks of CO2 with all fans off and leave it sealed for as long as possible.

Just my thoughts though ;)

igrowkushbitch

Has anyone tried using azatrol during flowering? I am at week 3 and I just found some spider mites. Is it still cool to spray this early into flowering?

Has anyone tried using azatrol during flowering? I am at week 3 and I just found some spider mites. Is it still cool to spray this early into flowering?

I have sprayed Azamax (similar if not same ingredient) in week 5. It doesn't really kill them, it is more of a deterrent. So they got really pissed and headed for greener pastures, ie all the plants around the them. I would recommend using something that will kill them then use the azatrol. From my understanding the active ingredient is systemic for up to 2 weeks, so they won't have much tasty food during that time. I rinsed with plain water a few days later. A local shop is selling a product that is water with an electric current in it with a bit a pyrethin. I guess the electric current works like a magnet and holds them while the water/pyrethin drowns/kills them.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
You can get ounces of Floramite off Ebay for under $20 an oz, it does work best when fresh anyway in my experience. Use at 1.2 ml per gallon foliar with 30ml/g DM Saturator. Apply every 4 weeks (yes at week 4 in flower) or you will get mites in mid-flower. it lasts about 3-4 weeks.

FinestKind

You can get ounces of Floramite off Ebay for under $20 an oz, it does work best when fresh anyway in my experience. Use at 1.2 ml per gallon foliar with 30ml/g DM Saturator. Apply every 4 weeks (yes at week 4 in flower) or you will get mites in mid-flower. it lasts about 3-4 weeks.

"DM Saturator"? What does this mean?

Thanks for the tip on Ebay!

FK