What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Seeds Outdoors Competition

Kree73

Here are some pics before I started yesterday...

IMG_20230908_164609.jpg
IMG_20230908_164601.jpg
IMG_20230908_164607.jpg
IMG_20230908_171808.jpg
IMG_20230908_171850.jpg
IMG_20230908_171922.jpg

Kree73

I think that something is eating Olympia. I've noticed under close examination , there are a lot of small holes in her leaves thoughtout her top section on her left side top branch . The leaves are drying and crumble easily. There appears to be what can be described as flee poo ( for any one who owns a cat or a dog ) or like little grains of soil . A bit similar to what you find sometimes on the underside of you plant . After transferring from one pot to another or planting it out . You know ... When you turn it upside down and some bits of soil get caught within the plant . A gentle shake , blow or tap releases most of it .

A bit similar but , the black bits are within the flowers themselves , which have a dry almost sandblasted feel to them . A bit like imagining there was a fine grade sand paper coating the bud .
It will be tricky to capture an image of this... However I will try .

Anyone feel this might be a mite ? Anyone encountered this or something similar and know just what to do about it . I've already given all the plants 2 lots of bug spray ( don't really want to treat them with bug spray this close to the end of flowering).
I could remove the whole top section and get in there with the magnifying lens. I'm obviously going to need to have a real good look at the rest of Olympia to see if it is isolated or not .

Kree73

I think that something is eating Olympia. I've noticed under close examination , there are a lot of small holes in her leaves thoughtout her top section on her left side top branch . The leaves are drying and crumble easily. There appears to be what can be described as flee poo ( for any one who owns a cat or a dog ) or like little grains of soil . A bit similar to what you find sometimes on the underside of you plant . After transferring from one pot to another or planting it out . You know ... When you turn it upside down and some bits of soil get caught within the plant . A gentle shake , blow or tap releases most of it .

A bit similar but , the black bits are within the flowers themselves , which have a dry almost sandblasted feel to them . A bit like imagining there was a fine grade sand paper coating the bud .
It will be tricky to capture an image of this... However I will try .

Anyone feel this might be a mite ? Anyone encountered this or something similar and know just what to do about it . I've already given all the plants 2 lots of bug spray ( don't really want to treat them with bug spray this close to the end of flowering).
I could remove the whole top section and get in there with the magnifying lens. I'm obviously going to need to have a real good look at the rest of Olympia to see if it is isolated or not .
IMG_20230909_131122.jpg

Kree73

Looks like it could just be dirt . I just can't fathom how and so much . Yet none on Bonsai or Shiva.
Curious

Kree73

It's eggs...
IMG_20230910_150921.jpg

Not sure as to what tho.
IMG_20230910_150812.jpg

I'm in the process of cutting down Olympia, when I noticed this on Bonsai .
One thing at a time please.

Kree73

Very nice Kree! One down, looking good 😎
This is what I have found. Based on what I have found I think it is safe to assume that this is the perpetrator...

IMG_20230910_180943.jpg

I spent somewhere around 3-4 hours today trimming Olympia from top to bottom.
Her bottom half still has a couple of weeks left in her for sure . So maybe I will leave the bottom half as with Shiva , or maybe I will just cut her down and put the bottom half in for hash . Along with maybe some of the more egg infested bits of bud ( which would be a shame as the tops are quite egged up ) I just don't like the idea of smoking caterpillar eggs .

Here is her tops ( left and right side )
IMG_20230910_174548.jpg

I removed the browned and wilted yellow leaves and left her for today .
IMG_20230910_175320.jpg

Here you see where the two tops were .

mr.brunch

Veteran
Nicely done— few eggs just give your smoke a little more protein 🤣🤣
I know there are some outdoor guys on here who wash their buds before drying, just a dunk in a bucket of water then hang as normal… not tried it myself but they say it removes a lot of impurities

ost

Nicely done— few eggs just give your smoke a little more protein 🤣🤣
I know there are some outdoor guys on here who wash their buds before drying, just a dunk in a bucket of water then hang as normal… not tried it myself but they say it removes a lot of impurities
it gets rid of a lot of things you wouldn't think was on your smoke!

Kree73

Probably too late now as they have been drying all night already now . It is something to remember for next time tho . :tiphat:
So I tried washing the bud before drying. A few pics ...

IMG_20230911_172856.jpg

I sat near Olympia with some strong cutters , a pair or scissors . This container of water .
I cut . Done first trim . Dunked , shook and then hung ... Outside to air for a while . Before moving them into the drying room .
IMG_20230911_190147.jpg
IMG_20230911_190150.jpg
IMG_20230911_190144.jpg
IMG_20230911_200745.jpg
IMG_20230911_200716.jpg

There will be some better pictures in the daylight of tomorrow.
In here we have some of Bonsai and 99% of Olympia. ( I took a couple of branches to a mate on here , let him trim them and taster them for me )
Which brings me nicely to this ...
I weighed Shiva dry tonight . Not including the few grams I took to my aforementioned friend for tasting and had a little couple nuggets for my tin.
Shiva weight in at around 30 g
IMG_20230911_230848.jpg

Excuse the blur. I was not aware it was blurred.
(on kitchen scales 0.1 so not spot on + 10 g between me and my mate) brings Shiva in at 40 g .
Gaia came in at 27 g approx . ( I had cut several branches off Gaia . Her crown didn't survive , the three the lower branches were successfully rooted and have been smoked already . They yeiled around 5 g . Taking Gaia's weight upto around 32 g . She was the smaller of the two tho .
Here is some dry Shiva.
IMG_20230911_230852.jpg
IMG_20230911_230923.jpg

Last edited:

Kree73

I believe I have found some evidence of spider mite on Bonsai. So far it is just the one little bit . I removed the leggy branch and trimmed back the bud to expose the webbing . Initially I was out getting pics.
I was just re addressing one of her branches and resting it in the bamboo support . Checking out the buds as I went as one does.
There was a funny almost mouldy looking bit , then I got startled by a f/ING caterpillar of all things . Saw it moving out the corner of my eye . So looked a bit further. Saw the white woven wickedness and cut that branch right off pronto-hastio ...
IMG_20230912_090215.jpg
its difficult to see the actual web clearly on the phone . However with the naked eye one can see it even if it is a bit of a struggle.
IMG_20230912_090208.jpg

I'm not home for couple of days. When I get back it will be chopping time . She can go and share space with Olympia. As seen below.

IMG_20230912_095326.jpg
IMG_20230912_095312.jpg
IMG_20230912_095320.jpg

There is another little bit hanging. Too dark for pic . I will get one with all her bits hanging together. When I return home .

mr.brunch

Veteran
I was kindly selected to test these girls, and so far I’ve tried some lemon cake and one of the super #61
The lemon was a pleasant surprise as it wasn’t a generic lemon strain but really has cakeyness in the taste. Effects are nice and happy, and were helpful for a good night sleep
The 61 is a more spice tasting plant, nice weed and expansive on the inhale.

Thanks Kree much appreciated :tiphat:

Kree73

I was kindly selected to test these girls, and so far I’ve tried some lemon cake and one of the super #61
The lemon was a pleasant surprise as it wasn’t a generic lemon strain but really has cakeyness in the taste. Effects are nice and happy, and were helpful for a good night sleep
The 61 is a more spice tasting plant, nice weed and expansive on the inhale.

Thanks Kree much appreciated :tiphat:
I'm glad you enjoyed it .
I'm currently having my breakfast. Some of Bonsai.
She is completely different from Olympia ( both Olympia and Bonsai are 61 )
The differences between the 2 Super#61's is not just visual . Bonsai is a definitely one for bed time . She has a deception about her which is wrapped up in a cloak of tight , browned and sugary nuggets. Each one enticing you to stick it in the grinder ... Lulling you into a sense of " numb nutting " still coherent and still able to function .
Yet hidden in plain sight is the ability to be even BETTER if grown under professional/medicinal conditions. It's cerebral high is clean and it appears to have gotten quite shiny. Given the proper environment to thrive , I bet she would shine like a glitter ball hanging in a dance hall .
I'm actually very pleased with the result .
I cut a couple of small branches of her and hung them on the 10/9 .
Took them down , crispy as f#@k .
Smoked some last night but I'd been smoking all day ( as per normal ) . So I didn't really appreciate Bonsai the Super#61 . I literally just woke up and just before typing this I rolled and sparked up my breakfast . 1 doob with the usual 0.3g ish. On her own I am able to fully appreciate the Super#61 ( Bonsai ) .
Alas my descibing words are not very good when it comes to the tasting . I taste a medicinal taste clean there is a sweet cake aroma within but an edge of almost chemical smell when you brake the bud open . I associate with the pungent aroma of some alcohols , you open the bottle on a nice whiskey and pour yourself a shot . When you sniff that the aroma throws itself up your nose and straight to your brain . The Bonsai ( Super#61 ) is like that . Its like drinking a fine whisky :tiphat:

Kree73

Caterpillar trying to weave his cocoon… sounds like you woke him up 😴
Twas a good call . Evidence to back it up . This pic clearly shows one already starting it's slumber.
20230915_153525.jpg
20230915_153556.jpg

We can see that white furry webby stuff .

Then I found this one . Obviously it was a game of hide and seek . This next one couldn't find anywhere to hide. So it just froze where it was lol . Or the bud was so sticky , the poor little caterpillar could not escape .
20230915_172219.jpg
20230915_172212.jpg

Last edited: