What's new

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Gg4 does have record breaking potential. ... if only she tasted more og.. for my preference n i get my glues pretty sour. i burnt bout a half in the last few wks n kinda got tired of her really wish i saved more og but who gives a fuc bout me i dont... lol... she out yielded my og by a half lb+ gg4 is staying for a long time..

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Infi!
I have to say that the green bothers me right here before chop. I have too much soil for a 42w grow, lol. I have not feed and have been flushing since week 6.

I think its too green for my taste but I wont know til I smoke ;)

Reports on 63 and 70 days soon to come.

Just quit watering all together and let her go a couple extra days. That'll dry out the medium - make it impossible for the roots to uptake anything new - and force the plant to use the reserves in it's leaves...

It's what I do in fully amended soil - because, it's not like you can flush amendments out of the soil.

Works like a charm.

dank.Frank

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Just quit watering all together and let her go a couple extra days. That'll dry out the medium - make it impossible for the roots to uptake anything new - and force the plant to use the reserves in it's leaves...

It's what I do in fully amended soil - because, it's not like you can flush amendments out of the soil.

Works like a charm.

dank.Frank
That is some great advice dank frank!

I've come to really understand this in my house plants, cannabis isn't much different.

I've always wondered the response differences between
Plants that are watered, allowed to dry, then watered again.
VS
Plants that are continuously moist (not soaking) like with blumat drippers for example.

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
Right? Great advice! I am just making it worse. I will see what difference it makes to the one 70 day plant. I'm still chopping this one tomorrow :D
Next time will be better!

Works like a charm.

dank.Frank

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
In soil it is very important to let it dry out. It is about oxygen. There is not alot of oxygen in wet soil. Oxygen is pulled into the soil by the plant uptaking the water. You need that oxygen to get down to the very bottom, therefore you let it dry out. If you water a dry plant, the water sits on top for a sec and then starts to bubble down and you can see the bubbling coming out of the bottom. This is the oxygen being push out. If you water wet soil, the water goes straight thru, no bubbling. No oxygen. You need this exchange for healthy roots.
I like a nice 3 or 4 inches between the lip of the pot and the top of the soil and I just fill that up and watch it bubble. This stimulates growth that you see the next day. Basic soil gardening 101.
That is some great advice dank frank!

I've come to really understand this in my house plants, cannabis isn't much different.

I've always wondered the response differences between
Plants that are watered, allowed to dry, then watered again.
VS
Plants that are continuously moist (not soaking) like with blumat drippers for example.

Last edited:

DemonTrich

Veteran
ill be chopping my test GG this sunday. then flipping 4 in 5gal pots on Monday after my flower room cleaning. rock hard, dense flowers, and all green leaves.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I got my mom trimmed to about 10-12 tops, and my tester is about 8 inches tall with 3 tops in a 3 g bag. Tempted to flip her, like forever ago. Patience is not one of my virtues.

These aero pots I'm using are incredible and would never go back to regular pots.... Reg pots I could get away with watering every 3-4 days with the aeros it's everyday or once every 2...talk about oxygen to roots.

The Fabric Aeropots work well too not as "space" lookin' tho :alien:
lol

I like smart pots too and use them for my outside plants...the only problem with these aeros is they aren't stackable so you have to take them apart which is a bitch if you want to store them.

Another great thing about aeros is they don't lay flat on the ground they are raised about an inch off the ground for supreme air flow. And if you over water they won't be sitting in overrun in the saucer.

Cartel530

Veteran
They are cool in theory. Im sure we have all tried them and found them pointless. I kno i did. I have a lot better things to do then stand around and water slow as shit with those things. When i did a side by side with a smart pot it shit on it both the rate of growth and when i pulled the plants from their pots The smart pot looked beautiful while the air pot had these tiny ass little roots. I think they let in too much oxygen and prune the roots too much slowing the growth slightly. They also say you plant cant yield without a root system and those air pots dont let you build root mass... at all. You take them out and are like " the fuck?? how is this thing even alive??"

Cartel530

Veteran
Look at the way the plants in afghanistan and those areas grow. They DEF get their dry cycle (ground is so dry its cracked like a desert sometimes haha ). They grow some pretty beast plants for hardly any water and not using nutrients

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Sampled indoor glue last night , it flowered for 9 weeks , no intersex issues indoors , the plant was partially seeded , the pieces I smoked on were not.

Reminds me of Stardog a bit with the sourish smell..

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Having spent money on air pots and smart pots, I felt dumb when my yields multiple runs were the same as regular pots that I already owned. Zero differance accept having to water way slower to not leak shit everywhere. Flood n drain they are tits but hand water or top fed suck a fat one IMO. And they dry out faster = more work for zero increase in yield. And more money spent unnecessarily
Reg Pots are fine with me

My glues are getting fat grenades on top a week sooner than I've had in the past. Bout to start week 7 and the flush in a couple days. Pleased with the yield again.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I got some smart pots or geo pots or whatever they are, 2 5 gallon ones at the cannabis cup in denver. I tried them out but didn't like how they were so much larger than a "5" gallon pot (#5?) and they wouldn't fit in the same size saucer as the others without squishing the corners in. I like being able to move stuff around as I need to and the fabric pots didn't like that as much. I won't say that they're gimmicky but for me I prefer traditional pots. I've definitely never tried the space age air pots and they certainly look gimicky.

:2cents:

So, I'm an east coaster heading to the Bay area next week and have a prospect of picking up a GG#4 cut. I'm planning on putting the cut/s inside a sliced open damp sponge sealed in a plastic bag and coming back east with. The cut will be in the sponge for 2 days max. You see any problems there? Are these cuts temperamental or are they hardy?

For my first run of glue I bought 28 aeropots but didnt want to commit to the extra set of 28 before I could see the results..so I have 28 glues moving to flower in the next week or so in regular pots.. hopefully I do better in the regular pots because my glues in flower now are obscene:biggrin:

I changed from forum cut/ to Glue
from pbp/ to heavy-16
from reg pots/ to aero pots
from reg style grow/ to scrog
from reg room/ to tents

I literally changed everything so it might be early to tell if the pots are legit but I will know for sure after next run.

I dealt with the saucer issue as well you have to get 1-2 sizes up from what an equivilent normal pot would need because the cones on the side stick out so far...I mix a good amount of perlite into foxfarm soil so watering times aren't any worse than normal pots and if you have the right size pot some water out the side is no big deal. I think for me this method is cool and feels like a cross between soil and hydro because of the frequent waterings and feedings.. My plants have a serious root system in place, I had a couple pots with long roots hanging out the bottom along with massive flowers.. Most common reason for underdeveloped roots are watering too much or watering to little it's not because the style of pots you use...Aeropots are definitely different and take getting used to but so far Im not mad at em..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts