What's new

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Think the net will fill up good? Its my first time tryin a scrog.:dunno: They damn near bursted the net off on me!

You're going to have a shit load of work bro. Over veg isnt the word. This girl spreads up and out. Alot.

And IMO, GG4 doesn't like pruning very much. Or at least not in the 1st 4 weeks of flower. My room was no where near over veg'd when I flipped my 8 glues. Now the room is completely over run. Looks great, but I know she would do better with half the # of plants.
The room was quickly over run by the GG4. Bcus of this, I wasn't able to prune the plants in the back as early or as much as the plants in the front. Burnt a few fan leaves back there too... Fast forward 50 days and the buds in the back of the room are clearly bigger. Something tells me I'm gonna have alot more larf than I want to deal with.

Next grow... half the plants, and easy on the pruning.

:tiphat:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't use scrog but I do prune off almost the whole bottom half of the plants lollipoped. With only 4 weeks left I don't prune anything as well there's nothing left to prune lol..

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Caught this today on IG

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-19-09-40-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-09-40-25.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 6

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Think the net will fill up good? Its my first time tryin a scrog. They damn near bursted the net off on me!

If you just flipped them ...... bring that net to about a foot above the plants .... the stretch is unreal brutha !!! unless you plan on doing ALOT of tieing down !!!

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
You're going to have a shit load of work bro. Over veg isnt the word. This girl spreads up and out. Alot.

And IMO, GG4 doesn't like pruning very much. Or at least not in the 1st 4 weeks of flower. My room was no where near over veg'd when I flipped my 8 glues. Now the room is completely over run. Looks great, but I know she would do better with half the # of plants.
The room was quickly over run by the GG4. Bcus of this, I wasn't able to prune the plants in the back as early or as much as the plants in the front. Burnt a few fan leaves back there too... Fast forward 50 days and the buds in the back of the room are clearly bigger. Something tells me I'm gonna have alot more larf than I want to deal with.

Next grow... half the plants, and easy on the pruning.

Gotta prune at least a third of the bottom lollipops off and remove a fair amount of inner fan leaves if not runnin vert.
Same experience here though less pruned plants in back had larger tops
If u get good penetration of light n let finish to ten weeks those lowers get pretty solid. It's no cookies but they are worth leaving a few down there.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
even on the 30 gallon size plants i reduce them to 4 main branches and super crop and/or lst to spread the branches out.since i cant put the screen on until they go into flower i have to do all the training during the first week or so,and even with a plant well pruned and managed during veg i still need to hack off a bucket load of sucker branches during the first 2 weeks of flower.but i have never noticed the gg4 even hiccuping when having armloads of branches hacked off during flower,she still always manages to completely fill a screen in no time..

d3cryption

Veteran
even on the 30 gallon size plants i reduce them to 4 main branches and super crop and/or lst to spread the branches out.since i cant put the screen on until they go into flower i have to do all the training during the first week or so,and even with a plant well pruned and managed during veg i still need to hack off a bucket load of sucker branches during the first 2 weeks of flower.but i have never noticed the gg4 even hiccuping when having armloads of branches hacked off during flower,she still always manages to completely fill a screen in no time..

Damn you a hell of a super cropper .

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Now were cooking with gas!

Now were cooking with gas!

8ddb2a0f797821905d4ea8179789504908022310de0a42f0cffa6aecc4c87299.jpg
Gotta toss out a quick THANK YOU to the 2 members that helped me obtain this mythical (and quite large) gg4 plant over the weekend - you know who you are!

Been a long time lurker of the thread(s) and all your grows over her... Now peeps need to be on the lookout for some uber frosty gg4 pics from me in the coming months... :D

Cheers to compassion,
BeL

krustallos

Veteran

Agreed, gotta keep the legs shaved! I never notice her skipping a beat or getting stressed out afterwards either.

25gal

picture.php

I try to get as much light penetration as possible,

picture.php

Mikenite69

Veteran
Damn those picture of that glue plant are making me rethink my strategy with her. I might have to toss all my other plants in the 4x4 and just rock 1 glue bush..

Well I just stuck a glue outdoors over on the east and I might toss my big momma glue outdoors in a 100gal smartie. We will see what the summer brings but I think I have had my glue for maybe 2 months and she is about 4ft and many many tops and branches and she mainly sat under a led light.

I must also say the glue is very Pm resistant I got a clone in and 1 day is all it took of my RH to spike and this clone(not the glue) showed pm Well the glue was right next to it and wasn't even affected at all. Well needless to say that's part of the reason I have been offline scrubbing and treating all plants.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I always get floppage no matter how many ties I put. I did notice the tie need to be up as high to the top bud as possible. I find top's bent over more then I like to see.. If only the branches, Side shoots where stronger she would be perfect..

Mikenite69

Veteran
It would be nice to get a cut of one of bodhis prized males to pair with the glue the one that comes to mind would be the snow lotus how he describes what the male has to offer and let's the mommas traits shine while upping frost, structure.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From what I see I don't think that would improve. Getting the plants frame more sturdy is what I would work on. I don't know how to do that unless its it's just luck crossing her to other strains. Then seeing what you get???

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the cross Tony did with his sour bubble dad should help out the structure alot !!! everything i've had that was crossed with SB has picked up the sour bub side by quite a bit !! nice short squat fat fanned & hollowed stemmed ..... can't wait to see what happens to the glue with it :dance013:

those seeds should be here any day . can't wait to get them in coco :plant grow:

S

SPG*

^ that plant looks terrific krustallios :)

Kitchen foil for broken/bent branches mate much easier Whether that would apply to super large plants tho dunno
"Splint"lol

Last edited:

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
I think the cross Tony did with his sour bubble dad should help out the structure alot !!! everything i've had that was crossed with SB has picked up the sour bub side by quite a bit !! nice short squat fat fanned & hollowed stemmed ..... can't wait to see what happens to the glue with it :dance013:

those seeds should be here any day . can't wait to get them in coco :plant grow:

I think its gonna be some serious dank.

Hopefully i can pop a few :joint:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts