What's new

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizz

Veteran
damn I don't log in one day and I miss 6 pages, I will text unp and get a clear explanation but the way I read his post he was referring to the cut not s1 seeds. I am sure we all have seen cuts from the same mom show different growth traits. I have for sure, it seems one will be super frosty and really overall healthier. I am sure he was saying 1 in 20 of the cuts from gg4 will dud, I don't know if he meant a full blown dud or just a weaker plant. as purple frostbite showed us with that pic of the one plant that was real frosty/white it seems 1 in 20 is a heavy leaning sour dub type.

evidently this dud thing can be passed through seed, that's the only way I see it happening to gg4, really don't think its grower error or from spraying insecticides , figuring out what triggers the dud is what the million dollor question is.

Grizz

Veteran
well if its a clone from a real dud I don't agree, I have more experience with sour dub duds than care for. I could get a healthy sour dub cut from someone and within two runs I had duds, others have ran the sour dub for years without problems, fortunately it never passed to any of my other strains.
I also don't agree about the broad mite causing this problem, I have never had bm's and I know the original sour dub I got from gs dident have them either,

I would bet the cuts that were sold at the cup came from a dud mom, I doubt sunset reconized it as such and wasent a deliberate deal. unless you have had the problem before you really don't know what to look for, I can say so far I haven't had any duds from the gg4 but apparently its happening.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
ive recovered multiple dud plants including dubb(from progressive options) SW og, escd...i've always been able to get em to come back to normal after a couple months...good environment, light feeding, sometimes you just have to clone out of it a couple/few generations once you get one duddish plant to root vigorously it's usually good from there.

imho using pesticides like avid and floramite doesn't do anything to genetically change a cut...although i agree 1000% that using them without eliminating the problem can breed super bugs....

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
someone fill me in if gg is available in seed form send me a pm cheers ! wombat

1013559_519821244754245_158249700_n.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mature in what way?

like when a clone gets vegged to 2+ feet?

or like when the plants are ready to be flushed?

when a seed plant grows to 10+ nodes or is 6+ weeks old(and shows sex) i consider that mature... but a clone i dont know :dunno:

maybe LA is just ground zero for some new super virus...

Mature is really not the appropriate term. I should have said ready to harvest

harry74

Veteran
¿ Would be trouble to take a sample of that dudds to be analized in a Lab?

I mean, you could be long time talking about posible reasons, whitout finding the cause.

Just saying...

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
All this dud talk the thread is now a dud

I bet half the duds are from people drowning runty cuts early on. Root rot that the clone survived shit like that. I've had runty clones that weren't as thirsty look weak as hell and lack frost n vigor cuz I was watering them the same as the beast they were plotted with, creating a drowning dud right away when I should have just thrown out or at least not potted up
To big of container to wet and dud. I get a few a year that I always say I'm gonna throw out n then say fuck it throw her in n regret it three weeks later.

Now I'm not saying this is everyone's problem but I bet plenty of issues could stem from something as simple as that.

Never had a prob with sprays causing anything other than work for me. Luckily I've had to spray like 3-4 times ever

I've had 1 glue that was slightly less unhealthy last run, smaller buds n less frost on the fan leaves, turned out fine but was visibly different. Was the plant that I should have thrown out. I do it every couple months lol

Has anyone seen a successful grow from the LA cup cuts yet? How many were dished out? 500ish? Haven't seen any positive reports yet. A few vegging moms but no finished frosted rooms unless i missed them.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If the cup cuts were all problematic...

How in the world did they come from the mother plant that produced the winning entry @ the LA Cup???

Seems to me if those cuts were duds - then the flowers from that mother would have also been dud flowers...

Yeah, something about that just doesn't add up at all...for those who still think about it.

dank.Frank

Weren't those PF's nuggets brought in off a different mother? Idk. Either way I remember a slew of folks here drooling over the anticipation for that event to obtain it. Where did they all go? Maybe they are all snowed in from the mass amounts of frost?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
On another note sir got good point... weak over watered babbies could be part of it but every dudd i seen came from unhealthy moms kept by growers with questionable skillz or lazy practices. ... i know one guy not naming names but dude been battling thrips n root aphids for yrs....

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
If the cup cuts were all problematic...

How in the world did they come from the mother plant that produced the winning entry @ the LA Cup???

Seems to me if those cuts were duds - then the flowers from that mother would have also been dud flowers...

Yeah, something about that just doesn't add up at all...for those who still think about it.

dank.Frank
i believe the winning entry came from someone else as well. cuts may have came from a SL momma or some other who knows....i recall someone getting PISSED about buying cuts that were infested with broads a while back...oh the irony.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Lost the other half of my post?????
Neway been battling the bugs for yrs and dude has had healthy clones take a shit on him after a run or 2 ... usually happens once he moms it and takes cuts off his mom a few months later.. i seen quite a few strains which i ran and run still doing great in my room turn to shit after a 2nd run in his spot... I agree with deez also believe u could bring dudds back with time...id say lots of things factor into dudding But in general if u beat the hell out of ANYTHING IT WILL DIE/DUDD . ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts