What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4 - Part II

A

acridlab

been waiting too long for these to finish! day 63 and axe time
for me, haven't smoked glue in a few weeks now and im Jones n to say the least. take it easy gluetards!
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Grizz

Veteran
Looks like yah all are holding down the fort. All look good and glad your still rockin the gg4. Workin on a lot of new stuff. I post mostly on ig. #joesywhales1. JW

onavelzy

Veteran
Looks like yah all are holding down the fort. All look good and glad your still rockin the gg4. Workin on a lot of new stuff. I post mostly on ig. #joesywhales1. JW

Well, I've wondered about things like that:

Does a strain like GG4, that is pretty universally held as being one of the top three strains of the last 5 years, eventually go the way of P91, Catpiss, Indiana Blueberry, RKS, Exodus, etc. where the true clone is either lost or replaced by outcrosses, backcrosses, etc? Those strains may well still be out there but if so, they seem to have gone from popular, or famous, to rare/mythical.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got the glue running outside this season big time & i won't be letting her go...thx Grizz

xet

Does a strain like GG4, that is pretty universally held as being one of the top three strains of the last 5 years, eventually go the way of P91, Catpiss, Indiana Blueberry, RKS, Exodus, etc. where the true clone is either lost or replaced by outcrosses, backcrosses, etc? Those strains may well still be out there but if so, they seem to have gone from popular, or famous, to rare/mythical.

I think less likely due to mass legalization making the strain famous on a super-nova-like scale.

Cat Piss is an amazing strain and exists still

Aheadatime

Yeah it's a good question. I think mass legalization means that more people are breeding, and the more people that are breeding, the higher the chance that something special will hit the scene much more frequently. Perhaps this might result in people choosing to either swap their 'old' genetics (gg4 in this case) with the 'new' hot stuff, or cross it into the pool to make their own 'new' hot stuff.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I think glue was one of the first clone onlys to have more real cuts distributed than fakes. Most other elites cuts grow a reputation long before being passed around on any large scale.

Grizz

Veteran
It’s totally up to you guys to preserve the cut. I mean I will have it till I die witch going to be much longer. I’m like everyone else and want to sample all the new cakes, pies and fruits. There all so pretty and the pictures make your mouth water. But guess what? Few touch gg4. Many in the ig crowed shun me and glue saying it’s just a herm and not that good. Hype. I just smile to myself

It’s totally up to you guys to preserve the cut. I mean I will have it till I die witch going to be much longer. I’m like everyone else and want to sample all the new cakes, pies and fruits. There all so pretty and the pictures make your mouth water. But guess what? Few touch gg4. Many in the ig crowed shun me and glue saying it’s just a herm and not that good. Hype. I just smile to myself

So a quick question for you my good man.
After running my glue for about a year and a half now. It seems that I've lost the twisted leafs and cupped serrations in veg that everyone claims to be a trait of the glue. The original cuttings and some of the 2nd and 3rd gen cuttings exhibited this also.
Now I will say that I do spend a lot of time dialing in my nutrient profiles for the strains I run.so I do have a wide varieties that use different tweaked nutrient.
Have you witnessed this with the original?

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
So a quick question for you my good man.
After running my glue for about a year and a half now. It seems that I've lost the twisted leafs and cupped serrations in veg that everyone claims to be a trait of the glue. The original cuttings and some of the 2nd and 3rd gen cuttings exhibited this also.
Now I will say that I do spend a lot of time dialing in my nutrient profiles for the strains I run.so I do have a wide varieties that use different tweaked nutrient.
Have you witnessed this with the original?

I believe a lot of strains produce better smoke when pissed off than when they are happy.
You can dial in a strain only to discover that the smoke is not what it once was.
I’ve seen this more than once or twice.

Grizz

Veteran
I believe a lot of strains produce better smoke when pissed off than when they are happy.
You can dial in a strain only to discover that the smoke is not what it once was.
Kind of like a grudge fuck huhh TC ?

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran

Similar to make up sex.
:biggrin:

onavelzy

Veteran

Well, I'm living proof that that is not an entirely true belief. I guess maybe I've some times gone past the "irritation" level of things to the range of life threatening offenses so maybe that has something to do with the discrepency

DunHav`nFun

I think what TC states can be true when one dials every aspect of environment and nutrient needs for optimum yield , then flavor and effect suffer/get watered down for some odd reason.....not always by any means but to some strains it happens…...that said.....

Dialed setups run 10 degree variables or less between lights on and off cycles to minimize condensation during lights out when the plants shit out all CO2 and excess water vapor they didn`t absorb/metabolize , so when all you "flush" guys begin the nutrient purge , I learned long ago to drop temps as low as possible during lights off to begin chlorophyll degradation and allow all the anthocyanin inherent in all pot plants to start producing those fall colors in the nuggage while the plants cannibalize themselves of residual nutes during that last few week finish......now.....

During lights on in those last weeks since I ran my rooms low-mid 80`s during the full flower cycle anyways , I turned off my intake fans and temps rose a good 7-8 degrees , and until chop them bitches pumped out resin like nobody`s business....and btw.....
this was clone only Chem D that was 1 of the most finicky bitches I EVER fucked with , but I broke and saddled her ass ta be all she could be till I shut down …..aight ….

Just wanted ta stop in and show respect to the gluetards and drop a lil old school experience ta help push them bitches during late bloomage as long as all other aspects of the setup are dialed and hoonin…..anyways...

Just remember I ran air exchange twice per minute with lung rooms guys and no sealed rooms or CO2 supplements.....so...

My 2 cents from all them yrs.....and....

Peace....DHF.....:ying: