What's new

Gorilla Glue#4 my L.A. cup cut.

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
So how many people who got their cuts from Sunset got duds?
I only heard of crooked.
Now other people poppin out of the wood work is pretty scarey.

I was one of thee first there were a few before me but the lynch mob in the glue thread usually try to shut them down as grower error or such I got a room full of cookies,chem d, kens phantom doing great looking frosty as fuck and then there is the glue looking sad so it ain't grower error it's BM duds why this is so unbelievable is beyond me SL is in the BM thread he doesn't denied he had bms obviously they rushed things for the money grab right cuts looked soo soo showing up late then serving out of fukkin Dixie condiment cups lol you saw the pale immature beans the s1s sounds like a group that has their shit together. I won't get into SL placing the blame on med patients taking in the glue cuts quarantine or no quarantine if you had bms or have bms you should issue a warning....anyways it's a mess

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
I don't want a replacement or cuts from them so I can speak freely ...I don't want anything else from ss this was more than enough thanks.

StoneyK

Veteran
Well this makes me really sad.
I really enjoyed the glue I got to smoke on from the cup.
I was very much looking forward to this.
I don't think it's me either.
I did want to be 100 strait up about the pot size not being ideal an it being flipped a Lil early but even so it's hard to believe it's had this large an effect. I've made the mistake long before of getting over excited an Flippin early I think anyone who has been excited about a strain has...lol
I've not had em go south like this though it's a real bummer :(

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
For sure but not the end of the world but most likely the last cut I take in ever never say never but yeah....I have to much fire in bean form and previous cuts to be wasting room and 4 months or so on duds. A lesson was learned

Grizz

Veteran
dudds? I know personally sunset got the gg4 way after he had BM problems. I have been growing gg4 ffor over 2 yrs with not one dudd. I must say your gg4 doesent look right, those small leaves and the fact that there is no smell says there is something wrong,

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ss is a good dude. Not sure what happened here but no matter what it wasnt intended. Also, if hes capable, he will fix the problem. Hes stand up as they come. This ordeal does suck. Definately a set back. I had huge plants to flip and 3 moms and i had to cull them all.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont get it joesy? Why does it happen? Ive never had a plant dud even after running several strains for many years a piece. Very confusing.

JointOperation

my access to GG4 just went to shit also .. my guy just started flowering the gg4.. 3-4 weeks ago.. and its dudding hard. it looks like shit.. and the clones i went to go pick up.. looked like shit.. so i left that clone there.. i dont have time to fill my rooms with glue.. if its not going to perform.. so hes trying to get someone with a healthy clone.. to gift me a few.. or get a few for him so we can actually grow the GG4.. a healthy 1.. atleast..

but this pisses me off.. alot.. lol.. i was so close.. but now SOOO FAR.. i guess its not a horrible thing because my lease is up soon.. and im not paying the raise in rent to stay here so im moving.. hopefully by the time im back up and running at 100% ill have access to a REAL GG4 HEALTHY CLONE.. lol.. i also just got screwed with a fake GSC clone .. i flowered her out. had 30 clones ready to go in 1 gallon bags to go SOG.. and found that the Forum Cut.. i supposedly got.. is a S1 and a shitty S1 at that..

just not a good month..

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
why this is so unbelievable is beyond me SL is in the BM thread he doesn't denied he had bms

Didn't know that part... If duds are common to plants with BM..... this seems to be the obvious answer.

I think this is a great cut. hopefully everyone gets to grow her proper.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Can someone explain to me how some GG4 cuts are duds when others are not? They are all genetically identical... cuts of cuts of cuts. Admittedly, I saw the pictures SSLTD was posting on the LAHT cuts, and they looked sickly/immature/stunted. Honestly I was surprised he was charging for them, they were not sellable quality. Regardless, they should recover given enough time.

StoneyK

Veteran
I tried to head this off at the pass.
I really dont think I have a dud.

I should have just stuck to my guns instead of gettin scared someone on the internet saw a picture an says my plant is a dud with no background an no idea what I have or havent done its a bit of a leap I don't care if your a master grower with 50 years under your belt.
Ive been doin this long enough I should have known better but 3 days trimming for 9 hours an tired I got caught up an got scared I admit it.
With a few hours sleep an some perspective an logical thought what's goin on is easily explainable in my situation.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Stoney, we both got duds.....i had to get new cuts and they already look so different. Before my cuts were super short internodal spacing with small fan leaves. Didnt ice up much and i was sad. My new cuts not only have bigger leaves but they are vegging like wildfire. Get new ones asap.

Not saying this was the issue...it could've been BM's....but...
Sometimes on healthy moms, there are bottom/middle branches that just dont have the vigor that all the other branches around it do.
These branches arent good for clones.
Sometimes these branches get overlooked, and cloned.
That clone got turned into a mother plant and cuts went out from that one, when it was never flowered out yet.
Duds all day!
I always chop them branches off early. As soon as I detect it.
I dont want to take that cut by accident. Plus it takes away from the growth of the rest of the plant.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Overgrow, im sorry but i 100% disagree. If i take a clone from the shittiest lower branch of my fire og or my cheese i can mom that cut and grow a 100% identical cut to what she has always been. Lower branches do NOT mean lower genetic quality. Cuttings = gentic identicality. Been doing it for a decade. My new gg cuts seem to be on track. I have one to mom and one to flip. Well see what happens. If i dont have her this time, fuck, i give up. I already have enough genetics to work with ive just been involved/drooled over the progression of this cut for over a year maybe even 2. I respect you and your ideas but lower branches do not mean lower quality that is FALSE.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
I will say that I have seen clones from different places on the plnt grow in different structure and have different vigor. from my understanding when a clone is taken and it roots and begins to grow there are certain things that can make it grow different than its mom in the same enviorment. I recall asking snype about this one time because I have 1 phenol of the phantom cookies but after taking 20+ clones per batch I always have some that turns purple and have a more diesiely funky smell and goes 2 days loner than other clones from the same mother :dunno: .I do agree though that a small shitty lower clone can be turned into anice mom as I have done it after having all but two of my plants die this winter from a frost seeping through my ac.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey stoneyK - how would you presume the roots are on your GG?

We tend to focus too much on the visible parts of the plants when some times the problems lie beneath - just my 2 cents

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Not saying this was the issue...it could've been BM's....but...
Sometimes on healthy moms, there are bottom/middle branches that just dont have the vigor that all the other branches around it do.
These branches arent good for clones.
Sometimes these branches get overlooked, and cloned.
That clone got turned into a mother plant and cuts went out from that one, when it was never flowered out yet.
Duds all day!
I always chop them branches off early. As soon as I detect it.
I dont want to take that cut by accident. Plus it takes away from the growth of the rest of the plant.
478.gif

Latest posts

Latest posts