What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4 from GGStrains

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
I've got 2 gg4 right next to each other, day63, one is throwing foxtails the other is not. 3 gal coco maxi no additives 2 week flush. I thought they looked like they'd be good at 63, but the one is throwing the foxtail with white pistils...thoughts?

Edit* they are in a 1k vert donut. Temps 70/80 max, but usually 75ish lights on....

Post it up

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
DUD? WDF is that? I know what a dud bullet is, I know what a 'dud' female is, I know what a dud seed is.. but a dud plant? I've had straight stalked plants before but thought it had to do with the plants age.. I've had fluffy bud before too but never equated it to a 'dud' plant, again thought it had to do with age... pleas splain.:tiphat:

Just_Grow

Hope it's ok to share how my gorilla glue is going in this thread. Just thought I'd get some feed back. It was the first time running the gorilla glue #4 also first in straight coco in a flood and drain. Did learn the hard way she need at least 2 or 3 layers of nettings and don't pack to many in one table.. So everything looks a mess all tried with strings.but I still think it was good. The pic was taken on day 42. Sorry pic isn't that good.

2ppl

Vanilla and overgrown , those are most likely duds, I'm 90% sure it's a dud. Gg4 with those small leaves, lateral branching , tight internode spacing, and stems that never turn purple no matter how u stress it are duds from my experience. I have friends that have all their gg4 with that trait dudded out. It looks very vigorous and healthy, until u hit the 5th week of flower when the buds starts getting airy and tons of red hair, small yellowish sugar leaves and stoppage of thc production. The buds are still big but not dense and very larfie. I have had 2 runs under my belt with this dud. I threw out 24, 4 week old clones the last run. Trust me it was tough. My buddy didn't trash his, since he was already in flower when I told him about the dudding issue. His whole garden had those trait. He ran 4 lights of it and got 4 lbs of crap that sold for 800 bucks a lb. his plant looks just like the one I tossed, with all those dudding traits .

2ppl

Just grow, looking damn nice for day 42!!! I can see you defoliate quite a bit. Good job bro! Stacking pretty nice and u got a few more weeks of swell ahead of u. Ur ladies are nice and green. How tall r ur plants, from guessing it looks around 4 ft?

EastCoast710

I could never tell duds in veg. They all looked the same. My dud issue was solved when I increased the nutes. I was so influenced by reading posts about GG4 likes low PPM. So I set the PPMs low around 1.5EC. I had duds every time directly under each light. The ones with the fluffy huge, airy with tons of red hairs everywhere. That was a long time ago. Since I jacked up the nutes I haven't had a single dud. Every body has dif environments and systems. For mine 2.6EC is ideal. Also I cant run GG4 with other plants on the same rez cause she does not like extra calmag in flower like most OGs I run at 5ml per gal. She just shuts down. Extra mag and she goes nuts. I grow in rockwool, ebb and grow with CO2. Hope this helps someone!

see and for me total opposite in coco.. the more nutes i threw at her.. the more small shit stack buds i got.. still very dense.. but not nice colas just a bucnh of golfballs.

then i lowered ppms.. and got nice ass nugs..

iuno what im going to do now.. but i did notice that my cheap TDS-3 meter.. i need to run around 800-1000ppms.. to keep them happy as fuck with no burn.. but when i used my boys trencheon meter it was reading 1.2-.1.4.. so i just going to keep it simple and keep it the same hoping with all new ballasts. and bulbs.. ill get a nice harvest this time.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Vanilla and overgrown , those are most likely duds, I'm 90% sure it's a dud. Gg4 with those small leaves, lateral branching , tight internode spacing, and stems that never turn purple no matter how u stress it are duds from my experience. I have friends that have all their gg4 with that trait dudded out. It looks very vigorous and healthy, until u hit the 5th week of flower when the buds starts getting airy and tons of red hair, small yellowish sugar leaves and stoppage of thc production. The buds are still big but not dense and very larfie. I have had 2 runs under my belt with this dud. I threw out 24, 4 week old clones the last run. Trust me it was tough. My buddy didn't trash his, since he was already in flower when I told him about the dudding issue. His whole garden had those trait. He ran 4 lights of it and got 4 lbs of crap that sold for 800 bucks a lb. his plant looks just like the one I tossed, with all those dudding traits .

You scoping for russet or broad mites?

Just_Grow

Just grow, looking damn nice for day 42!!! I can see you defoliate quite a bit. Good job bro! Stacking pretty nice and u got a few more weeks of swell ahead of u. Ur ladies are nice and green. How tall r ur plants, from guessing it looks around 4 ft?

Thank you 2ppl

Yes they ae about 3 1/2 to 4 feet tall.. Can't wait until they are done

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never use more than 1.3ec for anything. Some plants will do better depending on there location in the room. Never had a dud.

picture.php

2ppl

You scoping for russet or broad mites?

No I have not. But if I do have those issue , wouldn't it affect most if not all my garden? The first time I ran the gg, I noticed there were 7 clones that have the small leaf syndrome at the end of week one after rooted clones being transplanted and they all dudded out. I took clones from dudded plants and non dudded plants. I didn't know the symptoms back then. I had 24ish clones that had the small leaf syndrome that I dumped, I posted that in the dudding thread. The pics that I posted up a page or two ago shows the difference bet dud and regular gg4. Others have chimed in with the same experience. No ideal how or why it does that but u can tell during early veg that it's gonna dud out. Small fan leaves , tight internode spacing, almost U shape branching instead of V shape branching. I'm not hating on gg4 , I love the gg4!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
No I have not. But if I do have those issue , wouldn't it affect most if not all my garden? The first time I ran the gg, I noticed there were 7 clones that have the small leaf syndrome at the end of week one after rooted clones being transplanted and they all dudded out. I took clones from dudded plants and non dudded plants. I didn't know the symptoms back then. I had 24ish clones that had the small leaf syndrome that I dumped, I posted that in the dudding thread. The pics that I posted up a page or two ago shows the difference bet dud and regular gg4. Others have chimed in with the same experience. No ideal how or why it does that but u can tell during early veg that it's gonna dud out. Small fan leaves , tight internode spacing, almost U shape branching instead of V shape branching. I'm not hating on gg4 , I love the gg4!

Sorry man, was just a shot in the dark. I've had GG4 for almost 2 years but never experienced dudding issues. Good luck with figuring it out though :yes:

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I never use more than 1.3ec for anything. Some plants will do better depending on there location in the room. Never had a dud.

View Image

I know you said you were using pbp before switching over to v+b and I was wondering if you knew how much pbp per gallon you were using? I don't have a tds meter and I usually use in full bloom 20ml/gal of pbp soil version. Just been wondering lately if that's too much for the GG4 I just started running.

All my other strains are doing great on the 20ml, but keep seeing a lot of ppl say GG4 does better with an ec around 1.0 in flowering.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PBP is about 20% chem nutrients. I would not use a Chem nutrient without a meter. I use my meter to get to 1-1.3ec. No clue how much I use to get there. I do the same with V&B.

morgandecaptain

I warn everyone I give a cut to that she's a light feeder,most seem to ignore the advise first run and wonder why she didn't yield better for them. I try to keep her 1.1-1.2 EC and only use V+B and calmag with a occasional tea,no bloom boosters and can yield 2.2 oz's a sq/ft with her indoors.

Latest posts

Latest posts