What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4 from GGStrains

Dog Star

Veteran
Little Poodle --sugar buds

picture.php

picture.php

are this ones buds remind more on GG#4?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Dog,
Do you happen to have a photo of the leaves... a veg pic maybe?
Here's a couple I just took...
The one plant I couldn't find a single 7 leaf on:

The plant I found a few 7 leafers on:

Closer image of 7 leaves:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats the veg pic I say says its legit. If you guys look at his other flower pics you will see similar affects from his environment on other plants.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im going through albums lookin, nuthn better to do atm ha.

I think of of uncs I see has 9 but hard to tell decisively from the pic,,, still looking.

I see some 8's and 9's in overgrows outdoor album, lots of pics not labeled so hard to say, lookin more.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Tony - To answer your picture comments question, those 8's and 9's are from my outdoor guerilla grow. That was from the GrandoggyApe OG.

Heres some outdoor grown Glue - Sorry Dogstar....but your not growing the clone only GG#4.
I hope you get a real cut so you can see the difference. You have an S1 or a GG#4 cross.
Looks more like a Chem than the Glue. Your leaves are longer and thinner.
GG#4 has 5 blades with shorter, wider leaves. The occasional 7 blade but its not a common thing.

All 5 bladers ~
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dog Star

Veteran
No problems... am not sad but in this moment am pretty too much stoned
and cant found energy to explain..

She is a plant,a beautifull plant... and am sorry you people dont get that different
enviroments made different sub-phenotipical expression on same phenotip
of a plant..

Also to give up from your own genetics (she is true American GG#4 cut) its totaly
non-understandable to me,was think you love your own..

With a time you will get things,sometimes its better to let things go with a flow..

Kind regards

DS

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
No problems... am not sad but in this moment am pretty too much stoned
and cant found energy to explain..

She is a plant,a beautifull plant... and am sorry you people dont get that different
enviroments made different sub-phenotipical expression on same phenotip
of a plant..

Also to give up from your own genetics (she is true American GG#4 cut) its totaly
non-understandable to me,was think you love your own..

With a time you will get things,sometimes its better to let things go with a flow..

Kind regards

DS

What could be so different with your environment that it would completely change the look of a plant? What was so different other than temps from my growing environment that I mentioned earlier? You're having a bunch of people politely tell you that you don't have the clone only. Helen Keller could even tell that that is not GG4. This isn't an issue of who's right or who's wrong. Personally I would hate to see you pass out cuts of "GG4" around your neck of the woods and all the sudden you have the Eastern European cut of GG4 circulating with a bunch of people wondering how some cuts look so different. That's how so many S1s and crosses get passed around to the point that nobody knows whats what anymore and everybody thinks they have the clone only. Better to as accurately label things and verify whenever possible so things stay as accurate as they can.

Again, please don't take this the wrong way. I know you are a good grower and I have nothing but respect for you. This is not an attack on you, your cut, or your growing skills. No need to get defensive.

:yes:

Dog Star

Veteran
What could be so different with your environment that it would completely change the look of a plant? What was so different other than temps from my growing environment that I mentioned earlier? You're having a bunch of people politely tell you that you don't have the clone only. Helen Keller could even tell that that is not GG4. This isn't an issue of who's right or who's wrong. Personally I would hate to see you pass out cuts of "GG4" around your neck of the woods and all the sudden you have the Eastern European cut of GG4 circulating with a bunch of people wondering how some cuts look so different. That's how so many S1s and crosses get passed around to the point that nobody knows whats what anymore and everybody thinks they have the clone only. Better to as accurately label things and verify whenever possible so things stay as accurate as they can.

Again, please don't take this the wrong way. I know you are a good grower and I have nothing but respect for you. This is not an attack on you, your cut, or your growing skills. No need to get defensive.

:yes:

Ok,

will not share those cut and will not claim she is a GG#4.
Also will not upload her here to not bother people any more.

Thanx for your polite answer

Kind regards

Dog Star

Veteran
Heh.. what to say brah..

i guess now coming a lot of rocks for me as i am a true heretic in your eyes...

But remember that anybody could be wrong,even 100% sure folks...

theJointedOne

Veteran
Gg4 meh...too finicky outside for me, everything else 8ft tall and wide loving life, glues stuck at 4 ft and just horrible way too branchy weak stems, small leavescand stems

Over it, maybe in a dep but she's never going full term here again

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We can only go off of our experiences growing a specific cultivar. I have read great reports on outdoor GG#4. Saw some of the largest GG#4 plants/colas from an outdoor... Like all things if you cant get a strain to perform to your liking no reason to continue running it. She does a fine job for me indoor. Here is 1 in flower now.

Take all opinion with a grain of salt. GG#4 can be ID but you have to have a reference sample to do so. Most dont have that.

I have hundreds of pics of this girl at all stages of life. All the people with the legit cut there are thousands of pics to use as a reference..
Some
GG#4 observations.
wont have waxy or oily leaves..She can have shinny parts not what im referring too here. She has a dull olive green color. My eyes are old so my color discrip could be off lol..
Her branching is weak
node spacing is good for the top 4-6".
High calyx to leaf ratio..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

theJointedOne

Veteran
I agree hammerhead. I'm going to try her inside maybe, maybe a few test in a dep next year. I know many have had her do well outside.

My only guess is I let them get too rootbound in spring, and she never recovered, looking good at transplant, but eventually showing me how pissed she was.

Not saying its not good, but I'm not happy so far lol

More testing needed

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
She HATES to be rootbound and will get stunted badly.
She likes, and absolutely needs her leg room with lots of root space.
I use 100glns of soil for a 3lb plant. If I wanted a 5lb plant I would need 200glns.
If I wanted an even bigger plant I would need 500 -1000glns of soil per plant.....
and a healthy early start.