What's new

Diary Gorilla Cookies

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
flush is a myth :D

"Though some in the industry have argued otherwise, the importance of flushing your plants has been affirmed by the vast majority of serious growers. Most experienced cultivators have tried not flushing before harvest, which has caused them to experience first-hand the glaring difference in quality of the yield.You see, during the growing cycle, your plants store excess amounts of nutrients, salts and other compounds. If you don’t allow the plants a chance to dispose of these surplus compounds by flushing them before harvest, your final product will be much harsher and more bitter tasting. Failing to flush can also cause your product to suffer from other negative side effects, such as black ash and an unpleasant chemical taste and smell.

The truth is, not flushing nutrients before harvest can seriously compromise the quality of your high-value crops."

https://cannacon.org/dispelling-the-myths-the-importance-of-flushing-your-plants-before-harvest/

For entire logic. ^^^^

Always flushed (37 yrs of growing indoors/outdoors/greenhouse) vs. not providing smooth taste, flavors at its height. Metallic taste is gnarly, not to mention inhaling chemical salt build up in lungs.

Yet, to each their own.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
do a double blind test with the same clones, than blah blah otherwise.. .. silence please.
i have proofs about it. and everyone FAILED to tell. which is which. (several attempts, not one)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For many that have medical issues or like CLEAN tasting herb, flushing is a good way to finish before chopping, WM. Most growers prefer flushing....you don't. To each their own.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
go and flush outdoor/soil crops much sense in it..

and without failing the double blind test. and chromatographic analysys of the material. i believe a guy with phd degree in chemistry, than random dudes talking on the internet.

bibi40

Hi guy that' s not a flushing thread , but let' s go for my 2 cents ( is it my thread or not :laughing: ) , i just growing about like 20 years so i can admit my experience is not so legit ...

So for me when you use solid organics mixed with earth , no utility to flush , all is perfect with nature only .

I use Bio Bizz liquids feedings for my indoor and i think there is no need to flush with this line , but i do it just for 5-10 days .

But past i had bad experiment with Hesi or Sensi seeds feedings ,
if you don' t flush 2 weeks at least with them ,
all strain got the same fruity taste ( quickly disgusting ) ,someone can say " what a good fruity taste , good strain "

but for me if all strains got the same taste , it' s something bad in .

So now i think flushing depend of which feedings you use ...

bibi40

Fighting gorillaz #1 cut this evening at Day 81

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Very fruity smell !!!

:tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi guy that' s not a flushing thread , but let' s go for my 2 cents ( is it my thread or not :laughing: ) , i just growing about like 20 years so i can admit my experience is not so legit ...

So for me when you use solid organics mixed with earth , no utility to flush , all is perfect with nature only .

I use Bio Bizz liquids feedings for my indoor and i think there is no need to flush with this line , but i do it just for 5-10 days .

But past i had bad experiment with Hesi or Sensi seeds feedings ,
if you don' t flush 2 weeks at least with them ,
all strain got the same fruity taste ( quickly disgusting ) ,someone can say " what a good fruity taste , good strain "

but for me if all strains got the same taste , it' s something bad in .

So now i think flushing depend of which feedings you use ...

You are absolutely right!! Everyone has their own method, hence repeated "to each their own".
Double blind TRIALS are just that....trials, it's not the gold standard.

VERDICT: Absolutely, bib40, your G. Cookies are supreme! Excellent job!! (didn't mean to hijack but when someone says flushing IS a myth.....it's not totally true. Better prefaced, Flushing 'may be a myth').

JURY: More research is needed as the PhD mentioned...words like "may be unnecessary" as their title suggests- it isn't rock solid evidence, and depends on numerous factors. PhD Wedryk said aptly,"“Everybody has their own unique system and there are so many different components that go into growing. What works for one grower because of their unique set of circumstances might not work for the other grower."

"I would definitely recommend that growers play around and find what works best for them. I talked to a grower at the event who doesn’t flush and he’s perfectly happy with his product,” explains Wedryk.

I'll stick with what works for me and clients.

BINGO! That's exactly what you summed up, bibi! You had an experience on watering at plant's end cycle. I've tasted enough med and rec samples in CO, NV and underground. Maybe like wine, I can taste the chemicals in finished product similarly to sulfites in wine. Prefer kosher wines with no additives.

And I don't flush as in emptying a fire hydrant; I forgo last nutrient adaptation in last 2 weeks of watering. Plants still have enough in their cellular structure while ridding excess salts/chemicals from the medium its grown in!

In summation, fantastic job and pics are spectacular- enjoy your G. Cookies! HIGH TEN, bro!

Last edited:

bibi40

Will come back soon with weight and smoke test ,

but for now let' s go for Round 2 with this Gorilla Cookies ( will be a great cruise ... )

bibi40

Come on for the smoke report :dance013:
i test whole for 2 days ...

#1 ( the more cured ) and # 3 are really creamy , biscuit taste :woohoo:

#2 and #4 are creamy and red fruit taste :biggrin:

really good both ...

but be carefull ,
the taste i so sweet , so you want another ,

and let's go for the K.O. ...

Really good strain !!!

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah ah ! You can appreciate the sneaky gorilla hidden in the cookie now ! :biggrin:

I'm very glad that you are enjoying it !

I was first impressed by its potency and taste, smell ! Over the ease of growing .

They are going to hit seedbay soon .

Have good smokes buddy !

Latest posts

Latest posts