What's new

Google Chrome Problems

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
As far as I know, DoNotTrackMe does more than just adding a Do Not Track header in the HTTP request - I think it actually identifies common advertising scripts (javascript) and strips them from your pages on the fly/blocks them from loading/communicating.

I will try reading more or look into the source code when I get a chance and see - but I think you are incorrect on that. You are correct about the Do Not Track header having "no teeth" though - it has been proposed for some time and is finally being implemented in browsers - but the other half of the problem (servers hosting sites/companies) have no legal obligation to pay any attention to the header at this time. AFAIK

Thanks for that, I didn't realise there were different do not track thingumies.

dddaver

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"thingumies"[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] . Wuzhat? Is that like thing-a-ma-jigs or more like whats-its? :biggrin:

I use Anchor Free VPN as my proxy.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They are in Cali. Must be run by spooks.[/FONT] But I have that just on my Windows computer.

I run Ubuntu on another. VPN is a pain-in-the ass to set up on it. When I did get it set up then the stupid VPN servers never worked, neither of the 2 ever worked, and screwed up the entire connection while they were at it. So I got to reload and restart the whole damn thing. :woohoo: So screw that.

My impression is you can either become a computer scientist so you can have a secure connection (which the vast majority will not do), or just be happy it works at all op. The second seems the best option to me.

[/FONT]