What's new

Goodbye My Best Friend Max

C

chefro420

Sorry for your loss. Nothing worse then having something sudden like that come up with your best friend. I have my old timer right by my feet now .

so sorry about max,you did the right thing greenmatter. My little cat "Sweet Pea" died of renal failure. I got sucked into prolonging her life 4 months longer than I should have. I was giving her iv fluids everyday. Each time she got limp and lifeless, I drove her to the vet to put her to sleep ,(this was aweful cause each time i would have to psyche myself up to accept the end for her) when i got to the vet she would "rally" and act like she felt so much better and i would have to turn around and take her home.She wasted away until she only weighed 4 1/2 lbs.(she was originaly 15 pounds) Finally on the 3rd trip to the vet to put her to sleep....I had to walk away and not watch.That little cat wanted to live so bad and fought so hard to stay alive. I buried her in the woods on my property and started the "sweet pea" cemetery . I learned my lesson, and in the future, when any of my pets get into an incurable/suffering situation, I will euthanize them without delay.

I wish there was a way to give your pet a pill to put them to sleep at home so they dont go through the additional trauma of dying in an unfamiliar place and can die in their sleep at home in your arms.

supermanlives

Veteran
i too dug a hole and buried my buddy . by law i was supposed to have him burned as he was too big . theres some kind of funky law about how big an animal can be and be buried at home. well fuck that 2 dayys of digging clay and he had a person size grave under my tree. here we have 24hr vet service if needed. sorry for ya loss. i find myself attached more to my dogs than people and theres alot of pain when they pass. rip good doggie. my dog was named max too

S

Señor Chang

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

I am sorry for your loss

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Dogs are special friends, that can not be replaced.

Me and Marley are going to burn one for Max.

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
GM as long as you have Max in your Heart and fond memories of him he will never truely be gone and the love you both shared can never be replaced but he knows your love was much stronger then words could ever discribe and you did the right thing and he will always be remembered and a part of you forever.

Grass Lands

Veteran
I feel your pain man...I've lost two boys myself over the last few years...Jake a big strapping lad and a little weenier named Henry...however, as time passes the need for another friend will come along...now I have Ryder, a very stout pit/boxer mix and a English Walker Coonhound named Ty...and they are all boys...

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
I am too well versed on this part of life... and I hurt for your pain and deep loss Greenmatter. He will be with you for eternity... God love him. Agape' be yours

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Sorry for your loss greenmatter, you did the right thing taking away his pain and you should not forget that fact- that you took the pain to end his suffering. It's the only honorable thing, and you put his best interests first.... remember that.

If you can think of it as a balance sheet... for all the pain you go through when you lose a loved beast, there's an offset of all the hours of joy he brought you during his life. It seems unfair that your last living memory of your loving friend is such a sad one. Printing our pictures of our dog really helped, and helped us remember the good times and think of all the happy times he had when he was alive, instead of focusing on the very sad last couple of days he had. When I look back at the balance sheet of our dog's life, I will do it all again in a second.

Our thoughts are with you brother. His energy lives on with you in memory and spirit. RIP Max.

-Chimera

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
my condolences to you greenmatter i hope i never have to make that choice with my best friend ,im sure i would do the same, it was best.

G

greenmatter

AM I ACTUALLY ASKING A MOD TO BIN THIS THREAD ?

i need to thank all of the members who posted in this thread again for being there when i needed you! please, please don't see this as an insult to yourselves or my buddy max. you guys had my back on a shitty day and i hope you understand why i am asking that this one be canned or edited.

i really did not think about the title ...... it sounds like it could be sunshine in the thread and i know it is a tough read. as much as i think it is a monument to the fact that good folks have good things to say to someone who really needs the help, for some people it is a huge trap. a fuzzy title full of pain.

i am not computer savvy buy any means so i cant help myself out here. is it possible to at least have the title changed. maybe throw a buzzkill warning in the title?

if it can't be changed,do the people who helped me out at least understand why i am asking to do this?

i would NEVER want any of you to see this as a slap in the face as that is NOT my intention. PEACE

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
so sorry about max,you did the right thing greenmatter. My little cat "Sweet Pea" died of renal failure. I got sucked into prolonging her life 4 months longer than I should have. I was giving her iv fluids everyday. Each time she got limp and lifeless, I drove her to the vet to put her to sleep ,(this was aweful cause each time i would have to psyche myself up to accept the end for her) when i got to the vet she would "rally" and act like she felt so much better and i would have to turn around and take her home.She wasted away until she only weighed 4 1/2 lbs.(she was originaly 15 pounds) Finally on the 3rd trip to the vet to put her to sleep....I had to walk away and not watch.That little cat wanted to live so bad and fought so hard to stay alive. I buried her in the woods on my property and started the "sweet pea" cemetery . I learned my lesson, and in the future, when any of my pets get into an incurable/suffering situation, I will euthanize them without delay.

I wish there was a way to give your pet a pill to put them to sleep at home so they dont go through the additional trauma of dying in an unfamiliar place and can die in their sleep at home in your arms.

If you have a sympathetic MD, you can ask for a scrip for barbituates and mix them into some nice ground beef...let your dog die at home.

My folks did that when I was young for our old dog...he died real peaceful-like.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
damn man i hate sheddin tears this early in the morning. Losing your dog is like losing your brother. I got 4 of them now and god its going to be hard when they get old. Much love bro! we are here for you

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its a sad day at the Babba house,:badday: we lost one of cats last night, another animal got him we are guessing. He didnt show up this morning and we found some clumps of hair in the yard. He was really close to Babba and hes hurtin today, everywhere he went chicken[thats the cats name] went also.
He will be missed like crazy, its been a tough day.
Sorry for hijacking your thread greenmatter..I didnt want to make a whole nother thread about it. :cry:

Latest posts

Latest posts