What's new

Goodbye Friend

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saddened by your loss. Animals are godsends and buddies helping us appreciate Life we wouldn't normally experience.

Green Squall

Thanks Stoner. I believe you when you say it never gets easier. The vet that put him to sleep was the senior doc at the clinic, probably ready to retire sometime soon and said the exact same thing.

As for finding peace, I'm donating some leftover chemo meds, hoping they go to a dog in need.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Stoner. I believe you when you say it never gets easier. The vet that put him to sleep was the senior doc at the clinic, probably ready to retire sometime soon and said the exact same thing.

As for finding peace, I'm donating some leftover chemo meds, hoping they go to a dog in need.

Great thing to do, GS. There are animal hospice organizations hopefully could use the med. You gave your dog a wonderful life- KUDOS!

Green Squall

What have some of you guys done with your pets remains? I'm most likely going to spread his ashes, but I'm just curious what others have done.

Right now my old girls (Beagle) ashes are on the mantle of the fireplace. Along with her collar/tag. I say hi to her every morning. I will probably spread some ashes here on this property and take some back to Arkansas. Thats where we are both from. Think of her every day.

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
What have some of you guys done with your pets remains? I'm most likely going to spread his ashes, but I'm just curious what others have done.

I buried my first dog (standard long haired Dachshund) in the garden behind my parent's house. Blubbered the whole time. Honestly, losing Gretel was the worst one. I was 5 years old when I picked her out of the litter myself and she turned out to be a great companion to me during my entire childhood (she lived 13 years).

Since then I've buried two dogs. Fahferd (Husky) on the farm in Missouri. Bambi (Shepherd mix) on my 10 acres in Tucson. That one did me in for grave digging. Since then, I had to have Boo Boo (three legged Golden) and Bee Bee (Springer Spaniel mix)put down. The Missus had to be the one with Spike (Pom). We left them with the vet. They asked if we wanted the ashes, and we declined. Once they are gone, they are gone.

But they live on in our hearts.

When you own dogs, you are setting yourself up for future heartbreak. But our lives are richer for having them in it.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I've kept all of my dog's ashes, even my pitbull Scooby who had to be put down for biting me sits on the desk behind me with the others. All of the dogs loved this property, if I spread their ashes anywhere it will be here; of course 2 of my spaniels loved going to the lake and fetching in the water more than anything else :dunno:

if you go to perfectmemorials(dot)com you'll find quite a few reasonably priced urns. if you go to this specific page ((http://www .perfectmemorials.com/mini-keepsake-granite-earthtone-cremation-urn-engravable-p-2383.html)) it will bring you to an miniature urn known as a 'keepsake urn' for only $8.88; so you can keep a small amount of his ashes and spread the rest, Fido will always remain close to you.

also, to make that entire url appear I made a space in between the www and the . which needs to be closed to make it work on a copy/paste, so as not to link out of here

Green Squall

His ashes were actually returned to me in a really nice cedar urn. It's on the mantel right now. I need to get my head straight before I make any rash decisions.

BucketBud

GS...so sorry your friend had to be put down...i held my last best friend when the doc gave him a shot to put him down...held him for a long time after he was gone...then buried him next to the horse, the chickens, and our other friends...very emotional day...i always had a dog growing up...had to leave my very best friend overseas cause he was to old to be brought back to the usa where he would have to be quarantined for half a year...i found out my bestest friend was not going to be moving with us on the day we were going to move...don't know if i ever got over that one..........
on another note: Weird, what you said, hits the nail on the head= "pets won't pretend to love you just to get something from you, it is called honesty, the foundation of integrity"...that's it!!!...your words are the truth: dogs have integrity...they are honest...dependable...loyal...my best friends have always been dogs...

Green Squall

Not trying to be an attention whore or anything but I wanted to post one last pic. He was obsessed with these beef shin bones and I wanted to recommend them to anyone who's dog just ends up destroying their toys. They are nearly indestructible and your dog will spend hours gnawing on them.

picture.php

shithawk420

Veteran
I can attest to that Green Squall.my pit/lab mix can break logs at least that size.but he's had his cow shin for like 6 months.only thing he can't destroy.

Annete

I am really sorry for your loss. Cherish all the memories that you had of your dog.I can understand your pain,I lost a dog too.Don't worry you will be alright

Stan G.

I lost my dog this past year as well. Roxie looked real similar to your buddy. I had from a puppy to 12 years. I still miss her everyday.

brown_thumb

I'm sorry for your loss. I still tear up thinking of my best little buddy I lost two years ago.

Remember the good times.

Green Squall

One of my brothers just lost one of his dogs today and he was an 8 year old German Shepherd. :moon:

Ah damn that sucks. GS are such a a great breed. I doubt condolences from a stranger will mean anything to him, but tell him I said sorry anyways.

Latest posts

Latest posts