What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good seed breeders (can buy from UK)

Looking to move away from Barneys and try something from a bette breeder, that I can buy from the UK. Don’t mind paying well, looking for consistent strains, well established etc.

any tips? Only one I heard of recently was IHG?

Will have a good, cheers Gypsy.

After having grown TasteBudz genetics, which were just dreadful, no redeeming things to say tbh, I’m a little dubious and lacking in confidence in who to choose now hahaha. Seems I’m a sucker for a pretty picture and a bit of good marketing.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Will have a good, cheers Gypsy.

After having grown TasteBudz genetics, which were just dreadful, no redeeming things to say tbh, I’m a little dubious and lacking in confidence in who to choose now hahaha. Seems I’m a sucker for a pretty picture and a bit of good marketing.

- ahh yes me old China - I too was once (or twice) more than a tad gullible to pretty pictures - of good suckers - particularly if they are in the market - but the Mrs put a stopper on all that - once we were wed -

Click image for larger version  Name:	jayne-mansfield-getty-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.8 KB ID:	18097357

Jayne Mansfield - RIP

goingrey

My best experiences have been with ACE Seeds and Karma Genetics. Both have UK distribution I think.

ACE breeds strains that do well indoors as well as out from exotic heirloom varieties. Really cool approach IMO and one that isn't very common in the industry.

Karma does a lot of work with the, for lack of a better term, "Grateful Dead show parking lot" genetics, Sour/OG/Chem.. A more common approach but some do it better than others.

That said, I've had great experiences with Barney's too. All none-of-my-business-anyway behind the scenes drama aside, the genetics have always been solid. There's only so much any breeder can do and, with all due respect, to reach the next level of quality you may need to improve your growing skills (not that we shouldn't all strive for that anyway).

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I have good experience with Barnies. Any company that's been around a while, with such street presence, isn't going to be bad. Scoot over to the Dam and you can try most of it in his shops.

RGS have quite a catalogue. Attitude do to. Herbies have a well thought out website with a great search engine, but now post out from Spain.

I believe they are the bigger choices that shouldn't be overlooked for sheer variety. There is quite a list of niche brand banks, but personally I'm happy with the industry leaders.

airplane

Check out "Atitude Seed Bank" largest worldwide bank !!!!!!!!!! Happy Hunting (has all the seed's that are listed/site promotes)

LostTribe

Premium user
To help make it a bit easier here is a direct link to the different breeders from the Seed Boutique available through Real Gorilla Seeds.
https://www.realgorillaseeds.com/product-category/seed-boutique/

Anything from Karma is fantastic.

I would recommend first trying something with a short flowering time around 8 weeks. It is easier to grow and give you some practice in basic care. I'd also read up on germination.