What's new

good purple strains i can get in seed

guy fawkes

Veteran
after having a look through my seed stores the other day i noticed ive pretty much got all fronts covered from hashey pakis to up up and away electric tropicals along with several cali kush chem and og hybrids but NO PURPLE , not a single one, my only exp with purple weed was black russian many years ago which i thought was crap lol and put me off purple weed , since then ive read some rave reviews about the smoke from some purple strains that arnt just about pretty colours but also a joy to toke with grate taste and power, so folk what do suggest i add if i was to get some purple dank?? im getting a pack of urkle x VB as a start but looking for some others, the more purple the better :biggrin:

also please state why you like the strain to
cheers

A

Alone

BCBD ~ PURPS
MR. Nice ~ Purple Nice
HammerHeads ~ Peyote Purple X Querkle or vice-versa.

Purps because its AWESOME!
Mr. Nice because it was a bit tastier than the Purps.
HammerHeads because of the pics Ive seen... and I believe him that its the best purple strain he's ever smoked.

man ive been findings its hard to find a good purple in seed that will turn purple. i would say cannabiogens purple peyote, its not dark purple but purple tint and frostiest plant ever, sativaish pheno of bubba.

also another strain by them, the purple paki citral kush or whatever. supposed to give some really good colors and flavors.

deep chunk.

killing fields - good sativa purple thats different then most purples.

im working on a purpe line with a all pure purple double purple doja male from puma/jaws. its almost black its so purple so i think whatever i touch it to it should purp it up, especially any purple females will prolly give 100% purple. ima hit it to some ogs but then also burkle (bubba x urkle), hawaiian purple kush, LA purple kush, cherry pie, gsc forum cut, purple afghoo and anything else i have that purps at all.

burns1n209

Check out cannaventure, they have a purpkleberyy, and a jbj both turn purple naturally and are some killer smoke

Relentless

Veteran
most phenos of purple wreck, querkle, and deep purple will turn purple in late flowering with cold temps and good lighting.. if u can find black rose or doouble purple doja itll turn purp without cold temps.

P

Puscifer

Outlaw is reportedly back and working on releasing some Double Purple Doja crosses.
Here's his Purple UrkleXDouble purple doja. A TRUE purple strain that does not need cold temps to show color. And the high is no slouch. Grab a pack if he drops them!

BrownThumb

The Purps, while often not purple, is one of the most delicious smokes ever. Pleasing in every way except not necessarily purple. They are also not cheap as seeds go, but neither is Blueberry, which might be yet another candidate. I actually found myself without purple recently and decided to try some Purple bud by the seedsman. I will not be running it for about a month so I can't say yet if they're good or not, but this was the route I went on a budget. I have heard it is an excellent strain and I have heard just the opposite, so... GDP would be another candidate in my mind, but Purple Pineberry sounded good and there are a few others that also merit inspection. Let us know what you go with, aye? There are some beeeeaautiful purple strains on the purple buds thread...check that out, too!

I would look in to kens grandaddy purple. This summer i grew some gods gift s1's and every plant went purple and one black. Too bad no ones working with those genes.

dj short flo.f13.blueberry. all have purple phenotypes, great potency, great flavor, and that super kind high that dj short is known for

JAY LENWEED

Blue City Diesel aka blueberry x diesel from Jordan of the Islands. (Vancouver) I've been smoking this strain for 7 years, a crowd favorite !

Friend

Veteran
Here are a few pics of my Peyote Purple... Some phenos turn solid dark purple, some just get lavender calyxes. Either way, well worth the cost of a pack. They'll always turn purple unless your temps are too high.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here are a few pics of my Peyote Purple... Some phenos turn solid dark purple, some just get lavender calyxes. Either way, well worth the cost of a pack. They'll always turn purple unless your temps are too high.

View Image

View Image
View Image

yup i have 3 phenos myself and they all look like this. one especially is superior to the others but they still all have that insane frost with purple tint look. im keeping the best one forever, some of the gnarliest looking pot ive ever seen. i have over 30 strains in my flower room. all top shelf fire like og's, chems, sours, kush's, everything!! and everyone that checks it out always shits about that purple peyote, theyre like HOLY SHIT WTF IS THAT ONE!!! frostier then the white fire 3 right next to it.

as crazy as those pics look i know it looks 10x crazier in person cuz my pics werent doing me justice. at least u can still see the frost and the purp.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dutch Growns Magenta99 is a really nice purple power house . I've seen Hammers Purple frostbite & bought some seeds to try .

this is a Mag99 @ 65 days ... right before the chop
DSC01816.jpg

DSC01817.jpg

& this is one i have in flower now .. pic was taken @ 54 days

DSCF0075.jpg

DSCF0074.jpg

Sorry ya can't see the purple in that one ... she is nice :)

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Dj 's F-13.

Just needs a good swing in temps from high to low, doesnt necessarily have to be cold

jm420

Veteran
Outlaws dpd or any croses with the real dpd if you want purple from start to finish.
Heaths black rose is also supossed to be purp from start to finish
good luck finding them though

Buds look great Freind but far from purple

A

Alone

BCBD PURPS ~
picture.php

Ive grown BCBD Purps for like 6 years now an Ive only found 1 pheno that turns green.
The green pheno is a rarity. 99 out of 100 plants will look exactly like the 1 pictured with a Pronounced Grape/Nag Champa/Afghani/Sandlewood taste. Perfect!